The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DJ Dave Song Suggestion Thread.

logic

As much as I didn't want to get involved because I generally have weird taste in music, (musician lol), I can't help but love this Muse one (Madness) and it might even work for an intro.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq9zhpBweDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OneRepublic maybe, I think I heard 'Imagine Dragons - It's Time' at the St. Louis game, how about Stevie Wonder - Superstition for the goalies? :)

However, the new songs for intro are tragically terrible. No personality = boring.

Edit: I for some reason can never get stuff to embed in this stupid forum (videos or photos). You'll have you YouTube it yourself.

I know this is a really repetitive thread, and it can be locked if the mods feel necessary.

Basically this is a thread for CDC users to suggest songs to be played during the game, please leave a video including the song.

1. Stronger - By Kanye West

2. Remember The Name - Fort Minor

3. The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco

4. Eminem Ft. D12 - Fight music

5. DMX Ft. Machine Gun Kelly - I don't Dance

6. Machine Gun Kelly - See My Tears

Pretty much most of the good punk rock hockey-esk songs wouldn't be allowed since they contain mild swearing or sexual themes and Rogers arena is a "family friendly environment". So basically the only songs acceptable and popular enough would be Justin Bieber bs. Kind of ironic how society accepts violence with open arms (hockey, football, ufc), but a little bit of swearing and Parents go nuts.

Time to think outside the box. We need a killer ambient track that is timeless. Something that won't offend the grandmas and still brings chills to the crowd. Look no further than a local vancouver group. The perfume tree, track is dreaming.

Hey - thanks for this one. will use as bed tracks, under announcements, etc...

NICE!!

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

djdave@canucks.com

As much as I didn't want to get involved because I generally have weird taste in music, (musician lol), I can't help but love this Muse one (Madness) and it might even work for an intro.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq9zhpBweDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OneRepublic maybe, I think I heard 'Imagine Dragons - It's Time' at the St. Louis game, how about Stevie Wonder - Superstition for the goalies? :)

However, the new songs for intro are tragically terrible. No personality = boring.

Edit: I for some reason can never get stuff to embed in this stupid forum (videos or photos). You'll have you YouTube it yourself.

We like MADNESS by Muse for sure. also - I've been playing "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons the last couple games. strong STRONG track.

thanks for the suggestions.

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

djdave@canucks.com

Why do people ever think rap goes with hockey ever? :picard: The lyrics and lifestyles talked about in rap music is pretty much as far away from a hockey lifestyle as you can get. I guess some people like ketchup on their ice cream too.

Thanks for these. I would tend to agree about Rap/Hockey - HOWEVER, rap is currently a player request for the warmup, and the more games I watch, the more ubiquitous it is becoming during player warmups across the league. Also - some of the early Eminem stuff is lyrically and sonically perfect for hockey.

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

djdave@canucks.com

Archived