The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DJ Dave Song Suggestion Thread.

logic

when Hansen scores MMM Bop (Hansen)

When Henrik's name gets announced for a goal a needle drop on a turntable or a stoppie.

gotta have hammer time on there for after a solid one timer.

I also think we should play more Swedish death metal just to get the Sedin's nordic viking juices pumpin.

git er dunn DJD

Listened to the 6 possible choices for the intro for the next 2 games.

Had to go with "Welcome to the jungle", as it was the only one I recognized. The Nickleback was unimpressive and they are from Alberta anyway.

The Volbeat, "Warriors call" was not bad though I guess.

I know this is a really repetitive thread, and it can be locked if the mods feel necessary.

Basically this is a thread for CDC users to suggest songs to be played during the game, please leave a video including the song.

1. Stronger - By Kanye West

2. Remember The Name - Fort Minor

3. The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco

4. Eminem Ft. D12 - Fight music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc7ulZ4eNlQ

5. DMX Ft. Machine Gun Kelly - I don't Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1qTrho9HE

6. Machine Gun Kelly - See My Tears

HEY GUYS.

this is excellent. remember that, although you may not get a reply from every post, I listen to everything (the ones I don't already know) and will try and use as many as possible in-game. some don't qualify, but most times the suggestions you guys send in are great.

I absolutely love the fact that you guys are all into music in such a profound way, take the time to send these in, and further, understand the importance of music during not only hockey, but all major sporting events.

Keep on sending!

DJD

DJ Dave

Vancouver Canucks

@CanucksDJDave

djdave@canucks.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHZUkwSKxg

My suggestion for an alternate intro song. In the same vein as where the Streets Have No Name. Mid-Tempo build up, with tons of potential for lighting cues and visuals.

Once it drops (around :50 mark) you could play on the nostalgic, with lots of key images/moments of the team from the last few seasons. Alternatively, you could tie it in with the OTOW campaign, and have the visuals promoting that.

Maybe its too safe, but I feel that our team doesn't fit heavy metal, rap or rock. As cliche as "Believe" posters are during the playoffs, no team symbolises that ideal more than the Canucks. Play to our strengths -- remind us of what we've achieved, and inspire for a brighter future.

Just my two cents.

If it's not going to be U2...

Muse- Hysteria w/ Interlude. It has everything the Canucks are looking for in an intro song. It's not an obvious choice, it builds tension with the interlude, has great build up and an a big drop. A plus side in the lyrics is where the line "i'm not breaking down, I'm breaking out" comes in. Just give it a listen and you'll see. DJ dave had the right band earlier this season but the wrong song.

Archived