The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Raymond while his value is up?

ButterBean

He's 3rd on the team in points and this season he's playing very well. But will it translate in the playoffs? I don't think so. His game isn't suited for the playoffs and he'll get pushed around, pluis he could fetch a decent return straight up or packaged with Luongo. Some teams could use his skillset more than us. Not trying to be a downer, or a "hater", and I realize our team is doing well now. We can always improve.

Trade this "Canucks fan" while his trade value is up!

He's 3rd on the boards in trolls and this season he's trolling very well. But will it translate - to english - in the playoffs? I don't think so. His post isn't suited for the boards and he'll get pushed around, plus he could fetch a horrible return straight up or packaged with Luongo for something we could already get for just Luongo. Some trolls could use his skillset more than us. Trying to be a downer, and a "hater", but our team is doing well now. He can always improve.

He's 3rd on the boards in trolls and this season he's trolling very well. But will it translate - to english - in the playoffs? I don't think so. His post isn't suited for the boards and he'll get pushed around, plus he could fetch a horrible return straight up or packaged with Luongo for something we could already get for just Luongo. Some trolls could use his skillset more than us. Trying to be a downer, and a "hater", but our team is doing well now. He can always improve.

I like Raymond, and I would like the Canucks to try and keep him. This being said, I think there are a couple of factors that could argue against him being here next season.

1.) The Canucks have Sedin, Booth, Higgins and Volpatti on the left side aside from Raymond. They have Burrows, Kassian, Hansen and Weise on the right side.

There is also a good chance that Jensen could challenge for a spot on the team, and I believe he can play either wing. Further, there could be a winger coming back here as part of the assumed goalie trade.

So where does Raymond play? The only way he gets a spot is if someone else is moved, or not re-signed, or left in the minors. For where Raymond can play most effectively, the guys who would be effected would be Booth, Higgins or Jensen.

2.) There will be a new, lower salary cap for next season. Raymond will be a UFA after this season, as will Higgins. Higgins has been less expensive than Raymond over their time here. Further, if Jensen does challenge for a roster spot, he'll be paid just under $900,000 per season. This could mean that he either has to take a very large paycut or he walks (similar to Higgins).

Since it looks like he will not be back next season, I would think the team will trade Raymond, likely as part of the Luongo deal.

regards,

G.

Well we have too many L wingers if you include Jensen in the mix so someone will most likely have to go and really it comes down to who you want in the playoffs cause we are a playoff team. I say we keep Raymond this year and see how he does in the playoffs, if he out performs higgings and or Booth we keep em and if not trade him for a 2nd rounder just like he was drafted and a fifth because who knows if second rounders work out... I like Raymond and I hope he just keeps improving and improving o the point where he is a lock on our team, but got to look at both possibilities i guess :wacko:

lol at all the Raymond lovers all of a sudden! Just a few months ago, you all were fed up with him, throwing him under the bus, making fun of his plays and making joke trade proposals with him and Ballard and now that he's playing well, you same people are like why would we trade one of our best player? LMAO you guys crack me up! I'll laugh if he does do well this season and we keep him like all you so called 'lovers' want and then next season he plays like crap again and you same people will be wanting his head again!

Gillis should trade Kassian too while his value is high.

Both Sedins haven't been quite up to their usual standards, we should trade them before their value goes down.

Booth was expected to play better this season, now that he's more comfortable with the team, but then maybe he wont. We should trade him in-case he ends up struggling out of the gate.

Kesler is almost ready to go, but what if he gets re-injured. We should trade him before that has a chance to happen.

Schneider and Luongo are both playing very well, we should trade them both while their value is highest.

Bieksa has 3 goals in 4 games, a pace that wont last. We should trade him while he's scoring as many goals as Ovechkin.

Jensen is our top prospect not in the NHL, so we should trade him in-case he doesn't play well in the NHL.

Hansen's been hot lately, we should trade him ASAP.

Schroeder's only getting 3rd line minutes, we should trade him soon before AV puts him on the 4th line.

lol at all the Raymond lovers all of a sudden! Just a few months ago, you all were fed up with him, throwing him under the bus, making fun of his plays and making joke trade proposals with him and Ballard and now that he's playing well, you same people are like why would we trade one of our best player? LMAO you guys crack me up! I'll laugh if he does do well this season and we keep him like all you so called 'lovers' want and then next season he plays like crap again and you same people will be wanting his head again!

Forget straight up but packaged with a roster player/prospect/pick or something. Fact is our forward core still needs some more size/toughness and Raymond has never put up good playoff numbers and I don't expect to change that all of a sudden. Last year he had little stretches where he played well like this too and he has trouble doing is consistently.

Archived