The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Raymond while his value is up?

ButterBean

Shadaaaap a uuu face ! He is playing the best hockey of his career. Playing like a man posessed actually. Mayray3.0 if you will. The original Steve Austin(Bionicman) . Mase drives right at the net, shoots from everywhere in the offensive zone, sic passes, HARD HITS, takin shots to tha face ? He is finally the player we all want him to be. You qwazy dog o.O

After the broken neck they replaced a few other parts .....start watching at 40 sec mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

Luongo + Raymond for Rome

Kesler + Burrows + Booth for Rome

Daniel + Henrik for Rome

Hansen + Higgins for Rome

Lapierre + Volpatti + Malhotra + Weise for Rome

Shroeder + Kassian for Rome

Bieksa + Hamhuis for Rome

Edler + Garrison for Rome

Ballard + Tanev for Rome

This is what our lineup should look like going into the playoffs:

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome

Rome

Healthy Scratches: Rome, Rome, and Andrew Ebbet

Have I passed into a parallel universe where everyone is striving for midas in reverse? I can't believe some of the stuff being trotted out.

For a couple of years now we have needed a fast transition line who could use sheer speed and passing ability to beat defences especially a D like LA who pinched us to good effect.

Now we have one with the fiery Hansen, a skater in Raymond, who now he is fit induces panic in the opposition every time he gets the puck and a rugged little buzz bomb who despite being in his rookie year shows all the hallmarks of being a real catalyst type of player who sees the early pass and knows how to combine a line.

So what do we get on this thread? Let's throw it all away because Kes and Booth (who stunk it up last year as line mates) will be back (and no doubt playing as insipidly in the playoffs as they did last year although at least Kes had an injury excuse)

I was eying up my 3rd warning on this thread but frankly none of you are worth it.

I think your comment is compleatly uncalled for. Butter bean or whatever his name was was just stating his opinion, that is what a forum is all about. People like you have nothing insightful to say and shouldn't post. Why don't you go to the park and push a little kid off his bike.

Luongo + Raymond for Rome

Kesler + Burrows + Booth for Rome

Daniel + Henrik for Rome

Hansen + Higgins for Rome

Lapierre + Volpatti + Malhotra + Weise for Rome

Shroeder + Kassian for Rome

Bieksa + Hamhuis for Rome

Edler + Garrison for Rome

Ballard + Tanev for Rome

This is what our lineup should look like going into the playoffs:

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome

Rome

Rome

Healthy Scratches: Rome, Rome, and Andrew Ebbet

He's a UFA next season, and, as you say, has a history of not performing in the playoffs, plus he's still got that broken back hanging over him. He's worth, at best, a third round pick. He's worth far more than that producing on the team. Like you said, third in the team in points, that's nothing to scoff at.

He's 3rd on the team in points and this season he's playing very well. But will it translate in the playoffs? I don't think so. His game isn't suited for the playoffs and he'll get pushed around, pluis he could fetch a decent return straight up or packaged with Luongo. Some teams could use his skillset more than us. Not trying to be a downer, or a "hater", and I realize our team is doing well now. We can always improve.

Trade him! He has not and will not produce in the playoffs against playoff caliber teams as usual.

It's not like your going to trade Booth, Hansen, or Higgins over one trick pony Raymond.

Besides if Booth keeps struggling with Kesler. Booth goes on the third with Schroeder; someone who'd get him the puck.That line would still be just as fast without Raymond and have a better shooter for Schroeder. Higgins would go back to the second with Kesler.

I hope Kesler can go back to being a passer as well as a shooter but it might be better to have a shooter on the second and one on the third depth wise.

Funny... last season nobody thought we could get a bag of pucks for him, and now we think he has major trade value because he is having a good streak.

I like Raymond. Always have. But I've also always hated (HATED) his inability to stay on his skates when hit. He seems more and more to be able to avoid the hits lately by stopping on a dime and reversing direction, and I think that is part of the key to the fact he is doing better. In the regular season, I can see why he is an effective player.

However, come playoff time I think players like Raymond greatly reduce our toughness and difficulty to play against. I wouldn't mind seeing him traded - but even with his recent good play, the fact he is UFA at the end of the season does nothing at all for his trade value.

lol at all the Raymond lovers all of a sudden! Just a few months ago, you all were fed up with him, throwing him under the bus, making fun of his plays and making joke trade proposals with him and Ballard and now that he's playing well, you same people are like why would we trade one of our best player? LMAO you guys crack me up! I'll laugh if he does do well this season and we keep him like all you so called 'lovers' want and then next season he plays like crap again and you same people will be wanting his head again!

Trade this "Canucks fan" while his trade value is up!

He's 3rd on the boards in trolls and this season he's trolling very well. But will it translate - to english - in the playoffs? I don't think so. His post isn't suited for the boards and he'll get pushed around, plus he could fetch a horrible return straight up or packaged with Luongo for something we could already get for just Luongo. Some trolls could use his skillset more than us. Trying to be a downer, and a "hater", but our team is doing well now. He can always improve.

Forget straight up but packaged with a roster player/prospect/pick or something. Fact is our forward core still needs some more size/toughness and Raymond has never put up good playoff numbers and I don't expect to change that all of a sudden. Last year he had little stretches where he played well like this too and he has trouble doing is consistently.

Archived