19 replies to this topic

#1 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I think Volpatti and Weise may be the victim of the numbers game once Booth and Kesler are out. As long as they play well, the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line will stay despite lack of size

I can see:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Malhotra-Lapierre

Not sure how I feel about Higgins on the 4th line though. When he is on his game he can be very effective and it can be a waste for him to be on the 4th line.

Perhaps depending on the their play, Higgins and Kassian can swap lines

Interested to see what happens...

Thoughts?
Posted Image

#2 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Search first, this has been covered two or three times this week.
Posted Image

#3 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Search first, this has been covered two or three times this week.

My bad! I've been out of the forum game for a while
Posted Image

#4 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,265 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Higgins was one of our best/consistent players last season, feel he's been sort of unfairly treated this season. That being said, I SADLY dont see him returning after this year.

Your lines are likely pretty close to how they'll be.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#5 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

cant really be certain that raymond-schroeder-hansen will still be together then
Posted Image

#6 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

LOL at this thread not locked yet!
linden Vey Sig

#7 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Higgins was one of our best/consistent players last season, feel he's been sort of unfairly treated this season. That being said, I SADLY dont see him returning after this year.

This team will look different once Kesler and Booth return. Kesler has the best chemistry with Higgins, so it shouldn't be surprising if Higgins gets back to where he was, once Kesler is back.

#8 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Bozak-Hansen
Higgins-Kadri-Raymond
Booth-Kesler-Lapierre

Now arent you glad we have a smart GM who doesnt panic and trade the top statistical goaltender in the league for a couple of overrated, unneeded laffs.

Subbancopy.jpg

#9 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

cant really be certain that raymond-schroeder-hansen will still be together then

If they keep playing well, they will be. No reason the third line has to be of any particular kind - all three of these players are good in their own zone, and scary as hell to break out, because if they have half a step at their own blue line, they'll be long gone.

#10 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Bozak-Hansen
Higgins-Kadri-Raymond
Booth-Kesler-Lapierre

Now arent you glad we have a smart GM who doesnt panic and trade the top statistical goaltender in the league for a couple of overrated, unneeded laffs.

Yep, and if Kesler and Booth are top form when they come back, the best return for Luongo might be the games he wins right here - right now our goalies are the best part of our team - and I mean both of them.

#11 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I don't think Higgins has been treated badly at all, he started slowly, but as he got more jump, AV gave him more and more time. Kassian might have that bitch, but to me he looks happy wherever AV puts him.

#12 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

What they will be:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Kassian - Malhotra - Lapierre

What they should be:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

1. Kassian is showing he's more skilled than Burrows, and a bigger body. He's scored more goals with the twins in less time this season, and has protected them far better than Burrows has. No one is scared of Burr, no one wants to get in a scrum with Kassian. Burrows is all talk, Kassian is all fists.

2. Burrows and Kesler have proven chemistry, and his good defensive play lets Booth free-wheel a bit more. He can be the safety net while Kesler and Booth gamble and try to score off rushes.

3. Great chemistry, they're our best producing line right now and will be the best 3rd line in the NHL.

4. Higgins and Lapierre have proven chemistry and hook up on goals almost instantly when put together. These ex-Habs are also our best forecheckers and can chase pucks down while Malhotra hangs back defensively.
Posted Image

#13 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-LaPierre-Volpatti
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#14 deepbluefunk

deepbluefunk

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

#15 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

A sensible suggestion. Malhotra, sadly, is on his way out. I predict that he won't be back next year.

#16 Canuck250

Canuck250

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

The depth our team has in crazy scary. I am a huge higgins fan and in no way a Raymond supporter. However the speed line is too good to break up. They are the fastest line in the nhl, and would be the best 3rd line in the nhl. Higgins on some team would be a 2nd liner but might have to be pushed to our 4th, I hate it for Higs but do I ever love it for our team. I just hope booth can come back strong.

This is what I love about this team and our flexability. The sedins need some protection, put Kassian with them. The sedins need some sustained pressure and offensive zone puck control, put burrs out there. We have the ability to have different style attacks depending on who plays with who

#17 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

This is also my best guess of what will happen. As others have noted Manny is on his way out. He is a great guy, and is still good on faceoffs, but he is getting older and never really fully recovered after the eye injury.

To me the biggest question mark in this line-up is Booth. He is going to have to prove himself. A second line of Kesler, Higgins and Burrows is possible. Booth will need to outplay Higgins to earn his spot. If not, he like like an expensive 4th liner.

#18 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

One point about this line that has not drawn much comment is that they are an excellent shutdown line. Hansen is known as an excellent defensive forward. It is less well-known that Raymond is also an excellent defensive forward and Schroeder has also been playing strong defence. (And speed helps.)

That will free up Kesler from shutdown duty which is a big plus even is the Schroeder line does not score a lot.

I see them staying together. Admittedly they are not big or tough, but that is not so important when playing shutdown.

#19 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Raymond
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

Kassian will move up and down the line-up as needed.
Posted Image

#20 nuckfanfromafrica

nuckfanfromafrica

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I think it will best serve the team to roll four lines that are equally effective. Distribute the mins more efficiently to keep the players fresh come playoff.

1. Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (Sedins play tougher with kassian on that line) - 17 mins a game

2a. Higgins - Kesler - Burrows (speed, skill, grit, net presence) - 17 mins a game

2b. Booth - Schroeder - Raymond (speed, skill, playmaking, net presence) - 15 mins a game

3. Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen (speed, grit, checking)

Extra: Ebbett (versatile forward)

Hamhius - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts - Barker

call up: Vandermere (versatile D), Dale

Luongo/ Corey

We were effective during our SC run because of speed & skill however ran into injuries & fatigue players. This line manages our assets more effectively allowing serviceable mins from each line. Having Booth & Kesler on different line IMO is better for the team. Booth is more effective with a playmaking center in Schroeder (think Booth - Weiss). Raymond adds additional defensive & offensive skill. The third line is similar to the Torres - Lapierre - Hansen line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.