The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line-Up When Kesler and Booth Return?

nd84

I think Volpatti and Weise may be the victim of the numbers game once Booth and Kesler are out. As long as they play well, the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line will stay despite lack of size

I can see:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Malhotra-Lapierre

Not sure how I feel about Higgins on the 4th line though. When he is on his game he can be very effective and it can be a waste for him to be on the 4th line.

Perhaps depending on the their play, Higgins and Kassian can swap lines

Interested to see what happens...

Thoughts?

Higgins was one of our best/consistent players last season, feel he's been sort of unfairly treated this season. That being said, I SADLY dont see him returning after this year.

Your lines are likely pretty close to how they'll be.

What they will be:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Lapierre

What they should be:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

1. Kassian is showing he's more skilled than Burrows, and a bigger body. He's scored more goals with the twins in less time this season, and has protected them far better than Burrows has. No one is scared of Burr, no one wants to get in a scrum with Kassian. Burrows is all talk, Kassian is all fists.

2. Burrows and Kesler have proven chemistry, and his good defensive play lets Booth free-wheel a bit more. He can be the safety net while Kesler and Booth gamble and try to score off rushes.

3. Great chemistry, they're our best producing line right now and will be the best 3rd line in the NHL.

4. Higgins and Lapierre have proven chemistry and hook up on goals almost instantly when put together. These ex-Habs are also our best forecheckers and can chase pucks down while Malhotra hangs back defensively.

The depth our team has in crazy scary. I am a huge higgins fan and in no way a Raymond supporter. However the speed line is too good to break up. They are the fastest line in the nhl, and would be the best 3rd line in the nhl. Higgins on some team would be a 2nd liner but might have to be pushed to our 4th, I hate it for Higs but do I ever love it for our team. I just hope booth can come back strong.

This is what I love about this team and our flexability. The sedins need some protection, put Kassian with them. The sedins need some sustained pressure and offensive zone puck control, put burrs out there. We have the ability to have different style attacks depending on who plays with who

I think it will best serve the team to roll four lines that are equally effective. Distribute the mins more efficiently to keep the players fresh come playoff.

1. Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (Sedins play tougher with kassian on that line) - 17 mins a game

2a. Higgins - Kesler - Burrows (speed, skill, grit, net presence) - 17 mins a game

2b. Booth - Schroeder - Raymond (speed, skill, playmaking, net presence) - 15 mins a game

3. Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen (speed, grit, checking)

Extra: Ebbett (versatile forward)

Hamhius - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts - Barker

call up: Vandermere (versatile D), Dale

Luongo/ Corey

We were effective during our SC run because of speed & skill however ran into injuries & fatigue players. This line manages our assets more effectively allowing serviceable mins from each line. Having Booth & Kesler on different line IMO is better for the team. Booth is more effective with a playmaking center in Schroeder (think Booth - Weiss). Raymond adds additional defensive & offensive skill. The third line is similar to the Torres - Lapierre - Hansen line.

Archived