#31 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

POPULAR

Luongo has proven to be inconsistent in the playoffs, nothing more. Our lack of scoring the last 2 series is not a valid excuse for him to get lit up.

8 Goals in 7 Games say hello.

Posted Image

#32 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Im gonna take a gamble and say this if we win the whole show this year neither goalie gets traded again, unless one of them says trade me. They will play them 50/50 saying how important it is. They will move Booth and Garrison (or ballard) to make cap space and have young guys play

Why would you move Garrison? kind of early to throw him under the bus, besides doesn't he have a NM/T clause.

#33 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,216 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Im gonna take a gamble and say this if we win the whole show this year neither goalie gets traded again, unless one of them says trade me. They will play them 50/50 saying how important it is. They will move Booth and Garrison (or ballard) to make cap space and have young guys play

Garrison won't be traded...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#34 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Price was having a great week despite playing on a pretty average team, and I didn't even mention Crawford, but mostly because his team has been so good in front of him. Rinne is also putting up sparkling numbers this season once again.

Meanwhile, how are the typical goalie stars doing? Brodeur has a very average 0.908 save %, Lundqvist has a disgusting 2.48 GAA (more than a whole goal more than Luongo) and Quick has a 2.70 GAA and a save % of 0.890. Oh but it gets better. The once-great Miller has a GAA of 2.89 and past heroes like Ward and Kippersoff both have GAA well over 3.

So please, I know my NHL goalies.

Have a look at the stats for goalies this season. Anderson is having a rediculous year, he was leading every goalie statistic before tonight's game against Pittsburgh, and only really lost the GAA lead to Luongo by a hair. He is carrying the Ottawa team that has been playing without Spezza, and now loses Karlsson too. That 42 save shutout of Buffalo the other night was a masterpiece. He is the front-runner for this years Vezina without a doubt.

This is the quarter pole of the season and Anderson is the best goalie in the league right now, there's no denying his numbers are the best by any goalie. If his play slips in the next few weeks, then he won't be, but until then he's simply playing the best any goalie has. He's had one of the biggest workloads of any goalie and has shone this season. Karlsson's injury and a banged up Ottawa offence will really test him now.

Have you ever heard the phrase "small sample size"? You should probably google it, because it invalidates your entire post.

#35 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I personally view save % as a better indicator of a goalie's game rather than gaa.  On a horrible defensive team (Like Luongo was with in Florida), the gaa is never going to be impressive.

Luckily, his save % is sparkling so far as well, and I would anticipate in a week or so that he'll be the league leader in that regard as well.  Or, at least, that Anderson's save % will continue to fall.
It seems so odd to me that we seem incapable of finding a way to trade the best goalie in the NHL.

Edited by kloubek, 14 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#36 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Luongo love-in still continues!!!  I'm all for keeping him til the end of the season but after everything he has been through here, it's better off starting a new chapter elsewhere.

luongo love has never failed for me, hope he stays for good

#37 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vae_AkLb4Q

This should be played as the game intro every time he starts :D

Or every time there is a stoppage of play when he makes a save, or maybe just when he flashes the leather and snags one out of the air. Something like that.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#38 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Im gonna take a gamble and say this if we win the whole show this year neither goalie gets traded again, unless one of them says trade me. They will play them 50/50 saying how important it is.  They will move Booth and Garrison (or ballard) to make cap space and have young guys play

they wont be moving booth or garrison, probably buyout ballard, but his performance so far this year is hard to want to get rid of, he has been one of the most consistent d

#39 Magnum P I

Magnum P I

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Luongo is probably the best goalie in the league right now behind Anderson and Rinne, maybe even Price. You don't trade away a top-5 goalie to sit with a guy who's around top-20 in stats in Schneider.

Right now Lu and Schneider have played the same number of games and it's quite obvious. Luongo > Schneider.

You guys are hilarious. This place drives me nuts.
Posted Image

#40 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Luongo is probably the best goalie in the league right now behind Anderson and Rinne, maybe even Price. You don't trade away a top-5 goalie to sit with a guy who's around top-20 in stats in Schneider.

Right now Lu and Schneider have played the same number of games and it's quite obvious. Luongo > Schneider.

You're dumb.

You also don't base the rest of your life off a small sample size that's changing right in front of your nose. Schneider is right behind Luongo if you take out the first game. There is little difference between the two right now. There is more to life than stats and it still doesn't change the situation. Luongo has indicated it is time to move on.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#41 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

You guys have to realize when Lou gets traded the dynamics if this team will not just change in net. You can bank on one forward going with him. All of our D have no trade clauses and there will be a log jam of forwards when Booth and Kes get back in the lineup. Lets be patient and see where we go with both goalies this year and deal Lou at the draft. With the emergence of Schroeder and the 09 version of Raymond in the fold, we may be in for a long playoff run. A third line scoring threat has not been seen in these parts since '94.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#42 Canuck250

Canuck250

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Have you ever heard the phrase "small sample size"? You should probably google it, because it invalidates your entire post.

How about I try to step in and help you and others understand, I think it is a long shot but here we go.

I will start by saying that yes, to say Anderson should not be in the talk for all time great goalie, he will never be in the talks for HHOF.

However, in the recent past he has shown some great flashes and is easily a starting goalie in the NHL. He has played great on some weak teams. You think Ottawa would have done as good as they did last year without Anderson?

For your remark on small sample size is right in one way, but guess what, that is all we have to go on at the moment. He is talking about this season, right now, at this very moment. Not last year or the year before. Anderson is in the top of the league as goalies go today. Time will tell if he can sustain in, otherwise he is easily in the talks in the top 5 or top 3 goalie playing currently.

Now you should go google currently and understand what he is talking about.

#43 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

You're dumb.

You also don't base the rest of your life off a small sample size that's changing right in front of your nose. Schneider is right behind Luongo if you take out the first game. There is little difference between the two right now. There is more to life than stats and it still doesn't change the situation. Luongo has indicated it is time to move on.

Exactly. Unless Luongo magically got 8 years younger nothing changes. I hightly doubt these would be his stats if he wasn't so loose from knowing he'll be traded anyway.

February games weren't his issue. It was May and June and his mental breakdowns.

#44 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Why dont you let the season play out before you do the >.

Because DownUnda, the great goalie guru, suffers from premature evaluation.

Well done DownUnda...way to recite stat lines. We're all very impressed by that and conclusions at the 1/4 mark that you've drawn.

However, there's no denying that Luongo has been a major reason for the team's good start...could also say the same for Schneider (though I'm certain that DownUnda will say Schneids stunk the joint out vs. Anaheim and San Jose, which would be true).

#45 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yeah we get it. You prefer Luongo over Schneider.
On topic, yes Luongo is doing very well so far, give Cory a mulligan on that first game and his stats are on par as well.

Actually no. Because if you take out that game for Luongo his stats shoot up even higher.

#46 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Price was having a great week despite playing on a pretty average team, and I didn't even mention Crawford, but mostly because his team has been so good in front of him. Rinne is also putting up sparkling numbers this season once again.

Meanwhile, how are the typical goalie stars doing? Brodeur has a very average 0.908 save %, Lundqvist has a disgusting 2.48 GAA (more than a whole goal more than Luongo) and Quick has a 2.70 GAA and a save % of 0.890. Oh but it gets better. The once-great Miller has a GAA of 2.89 and past heroes like Ward and Kippersoff both have GAA well over 3.

So please, I know my NHL goalies.

Have a look at the stats for goalies this season. Anderson is having a rediculous year, he was leading every goalie statistic before tonight's game against Pittsburgh, and only really lost the GAA lead to Luongo by a hair. He is carrying the Ottawa team that has been playing without Spezza, and now loses Karlsson too. That 42 save shutout of Buffalo the other night was a masterpiece. He is the front-runner for this years Vezina without a doubt.

This is the quarter pole of the season and Anderson is the best goalie in the league right now, there's no denying his numbers are the best by any goalie. If his play slips in the next few weeks, then he won't be, but until then he's simply playing the best any goalie has. He's had one of the biggest workloads of any goalie and has shone this season. Karlsson's injury and a banged up Ottawa offence will really test him now.

I find these kind of claims silly tbh....that Luo is 'obviously' better than Schneider...
One game, you claim, put Anderson's gaa below Luo's, but you still consider Anderson better...
Does this logic not apply to Schneider after opening night? His sv% of .947 since that point is better than Luo's... does this make Schneider 'obviously' better than Luo?
Why bother continuing to try to play them off each other?
If anything is obvious, it's that you're not giving up much on any given night going with one over the other.

Edited by oldnews, 14 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#47 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

People really need to stfu about 'taking the game away' from Schneider, because if you take that game away for both goalies, Luongo's numbers shoot up even higher.

#48 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Remember who the Canucks have played this season...

The number of games against teams that suck is very high, and the season is still young.

Everyone chill.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#49 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

With Karlsson out, I would expect Luongo to move up the stats chart and be mentioned in Vezina conversations. Heck, even the Jennings is a possibility this year.

I like our D and goal tending this year, maybe even more so than the team for the recent cup run. We are a little bigger, a little less injury prone, and have more experience. We have some toughness to stick up for the star players, which was missing previously. The one missing ingredient, is for the Sedins to up there game and not get shut down in the post season.

In any event, I like our chances this year. I hope we do nothing at the trade deadline, or at most do a farm team trade for more depth.

#50 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Luongo has proven to be inconsistent in the playoffs, nothing more. Our lack of scoring the last 2 series is not a valid excuse for him to get lit up.

Not a valid excuse to get lit up correct, but a very valid excuse for why we didn't win the cup and that we were lucky to get to game 7.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#51 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm surprised merci hasn't shown up yet to point out Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#52 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off when he plays for Van. all season and earns his #1 spot back

Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#53 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

How about I try to step in and help you and others understand, I think it is a long shot but here we go.

I will start by saying that yes, to say Anderson should not be in the talk for all time great goalie, he will never be in the talks for HHOF.

However, in the recent past he has shown some great flashes and is easily a starting goalie in the NHL. He has played great on some weak teams. You think Ottawa would have done as good as they did last year without Anderson?

For your remark on small sample size is right in one way, but guess what, that is all we have to go on at the moment. He is talking about this season, right now, at this very moment. Not last year or the year before. Anderson is in the top of the league as goalies go today. Time will tell if he can sustain in, otherwise he is easily in the talks in the top 5 or top 3 goalie playing currently.

Now you should go google currently and understand what he is talking about.

No. It's not all we have to go on. A player's talent isn't magically reset at the start of every season.

We have a record of 294 NHL games before this year that show that Anderson is a roughly .915 save percentage goalie. The three years he's played a starter's share of games his save % has been .914. .913 and .917. Expecting him to be significantly better than that based on 12 games is just foolish. Just like changing your opinion on either Schneider or Luongo based on a handful of games is foolish.

#54 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Without Luongo we wouldn't have been one win away from beeing the Stanley Cup Champions, we would have easily been the champs if our players would have scored more goals.

We played 25 games in the playoffs, In 14 of them Luongo let 2 goals or less, how many games our offensive give us an opportunity to win games(4 goals and more), only 4 games. Why have we been that great during the season, because we had a solid keeper but we also had a great offensive, two players who scored more than 40 goals in Dan Sedin and Kesler, 5 skaters including Ehrhoff that had at least 50 points, in the playoff you win because you have depth, 10 of our players end the season with at least 10 goals. In the playoffs none of our players had a point per game, none of our guys scored at least 10 goals isn't that huge when you played 25 games, just saying 10 goals in 25 games that's about 30 goals in an 82 games season, it isn't too much to ask for. Hansen, Torres, Lapierre and Higgins was the only fowards who end the playoff beeing in the plus.

We lost the Stanley Cup because our best fowards wasn't good as they should be.

Edited by canucks_qc, 14 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#55 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Trade Schneider already.

Without Luongo we wouldn't have been one win away from beeing the Stanley Cup Champions, we would have easily been the champs if our players would have scored more goals.

We played 25 games in the playoffs, In 14 of them Luongo let 2 goals or less, how many games our offensive give us an opportunity to win games(4 goals and more), only 4 games. Why have we been that great during the season, because we had a solid keeper but we also had a great offensive, two players who scored more than 40 goals in Dan Sedin and Kesler, 5 skaters including Ehrhoff that had at least 50 points, in the playoff you win because you have depth, 10 of our players end the season with at least 10 goals. In the playoffs none of our players had a point per game, none of our guys scored at least 10 goals isn't that huge when you played 25 games, just saying 10 goals in 25 games that's about 30 goals in an 82 games season, it isn't too much to ask for. Hansen, Torres, Lapierre and Higgins was the only fowards who end the playoff beeing in the plus.

We lost the Stanley Cup because our best fowards wasn't good as they should be.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Its a TEAM GAME.

Edited by Armada, 14 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#56 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

All the people who threw Luongo under the bus and wanted to trade him for a bag of pucks are sure enjoying a nice plate of crow right now.

I'll have the white meat please.

Just kids, I never threw Lu under the bus once :)

/=S=/

#57 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Not a chance. We win the cup, using both goaltenders, then we finally get proper value for Lu in a trade and we part ways in the most amicable way possible. Lu is gone before next season is underway, no question.

A tandem duo is of greater importance in a shortened season like this as there is so little time between games. Right now we're coming up on 7 games in 13 days, I think. That's crazy, and pretty well doesn't happen during an ordinary season schedule. Both goaltenders can stay relatively fresh in two ways; neither should have to spend more than a week waiting for their next game, and they won't have to play more than two games in a week, typically. Their neither overworked nor stale from waiting too long between games.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#58 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

With Karlsson out,

I'm surprised it took 50 posts for someone to mention the Norris Trophy winner in Ottawa.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 14 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#59 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

more blind canuck fans look at who we have played so far... we play in the worst dvision in the west and second worst in the league and 6 of our 8 wins have came within our division. and we have lost 3 outside of our division ... canucks are 15ht in the league for shots againts and are in the top5 for lowest amount of scoring chances against ..... our goalies are good our team makes them look great our goalies didnt hold the wild from 0 shots through 10 minutes of the second period last game and keep 95% of the shots long unscreen perimeter low % shots thats the team.

#60 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

more blind canuck fans look at who we have played so far... we play in the worst dvision in the west and second worst in the league and 6 of our 8 wins have came within our division. and we have lost 3 outside of our division ... canucks are 15ht in the league for shots againts and are in the top5 for lowest amount of scoring chances against ..... our goalies are good our team makes them look great our goalies didnt hold the wild from 0 shots through 10 minutes of the second period last game and keep 95% of the shots long unscreen perimeter low % shots thats the team.

So what you're saying is trade them both.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.