The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Leads the NHL in GAA

JamesB

You guys have to realize when Lou gets traded the dynamics if this team will not just change in net. You can bank on one forward going with him. All of our D have no trade clauses and there will be a log jam of forwards when Booth and Kes get back in the lineup. Lets be patient and see where we go with both goalies this year and deal Lou at the draft. With the emergence of Schroeder and the 09 version of Raymond in the fold, we may be in for a long playoff run. A third line scoring threat has not been seen in these parts since '94.

You're dumb.

You also don't base the rest of your life off a small sample size that's changing right in front of your nose. Schneider is right behind Luongo if you take out the first game. There is little difference between the two right now. There is more to life than stats and it still doesn't change the situation. Luongo has indicated it is time to move on.

Luongo is probably the best goalie in the league right now behind Anderson and Rinne, maybe even Price. You don't trade away a top-5 goalie to sit with a guy who's around top-20 in stats in Schneider.

Right now Lu and Schneider have played the same number of games and it's quite obvious. Luongo > Schneider.

With Karlsson out, I would expect Luongo to move up the stats chart and be mentioned in Vezina conversations. Heck, even the Jennings is a possibility this year.

I like our D and goal tending this year, maybe even more so than the team for the recent cup run. We are a little bigger, a little less injury prone, and have more experience. We have some toughness to stick up for the star players, which was missing previously. The one missing ingredient, is for the Sedins to up there game and not get shut down in the post season.

In any event, I like our chances this year. I hope we do nothing at the trade deadline, or at most do a farm team trade for more depth.

How about I try to step in and help you and others understand, I think it is a long shot but here we go.

I will start by saying that yes, to say Anderson should not be in the talk for all time great goalie, he will never be in the talks for HHOF.

However, in the recent past he has shown some great flashes and is easily a starting goalie in the NHL. He has played great on some weak teams. You think Ottawa would have done as good as they did last year without Anderson?

For your remark on small sample size is right in one way, but guess what, that is all we have to go on at the moment. He is talking about this season, right now, at this very moment. Not last year or the year before. Anderson is in the top of the league as goalies go today. Time will tell if he can sustain in, otherwise he is easily in the talks in the top 5 or top 3 goalie playing currently.

Now you should go google currently and understand what he is talking about.

Trade Schneider already.

Without Luongo we wouldn't have been one win away from beeing the Stanley Cup Champions, we would have easily been the champs if our players would have scored more goals.

We played 25 games in the playoffs, In 14 of them Luongo let 2 goals or less, how many games our offensive give us an opportunity to win games(4 goals and more), only 4 games. Why have we been that great during the season, because we had a solid keeper but we also had a great offensive, two players who scored more than 40 goals in Dan Sedin and Kesler, 5 skaters including Ehrhoff that had at least 50 points, in the playoff you win because you have depth, 10 of our players end the season with at least 10 goals. In the playoffs none of our players had a point per game, none of our guys scored at least 10 goals isn't that huge when you played 25 games, just saying 10 goals in 25 games that's about 30 goals in an 82 games season, it isn't too much to ask for. Hansen, Torres, Lapierre and Higgins was the only fowards who end the playoff beeing in the plus.

We lost the Stanley Cup because our best fowards wasn't good as they should be.

Im gonna take a gamble and say this if we win the whole show this year neither goalie gets traded again, unless one of them says trade me. They will play them 50/50 saying how important it is. They will move Booth and Garrison (or ballard) to make cap space and have young guys play

more blind canuck fans look at who we have played so far... we play in the worst dvision in the west and second worst in the league and 6 of our 8 wins have came within our division. and we have lost 3 outside of our division ... canucks are 15ht in the league for shots againts and are in the top5 for lowest amount of scoring chances against ..... our goalies are good our team makes them look great our goalies didnt hold the wild from 0 shots through 10 minutes of the second period last game and keep 95% of the shots long unscreen perimeter low % shots thats the team.

more blind canuck fans look at who we have played so far... we play in the worst dvision in the west and second worst in the league and 6 of our 8 wins have came within our division. and we have lost 3 outside of our division ... canucks are 15ht in the league for shots againts and are in the top5 for lowest amount of scoring chances against ..... our goalies are good our team makes them look great our goalies didnt hold the wild from 0 shots through 10 minutes of the second period last game and keep 95% of the shots long unscreen perimeter low % shots thats the team.

Archived