The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A reason it sucks to be a man in Canada

smokes

really though if I was the father to three girls for 16 years, it would make zero difference to me whether or not they were "biologically" my daughters, they would be my daughters. Although on one hand I feel the father should have the choice as to supporting these girls on the other hand he made the wrong choice.

Regardless of what the law believes, the mother's "road" is irrelevant to me when she cheated and lied. Life isn't fair but makes sense to make it as fair as possible. Right now clearly this favours the mother and her infidelity, and a system that screws the father (who already has no control over abortion and tends to lose in custody battles) for the sake of the child. It's an unnecessary burden upon the father when the mother lying is no fault of his. I hope it changes and these women are eventually forced to cope with their own harlotry. It makes no sense whatsoever that a man be burdened with caring for children he was mislead to believe was his and due to no fault of his own. He deserves the freedom of choice to vacate that situation. Unfortunate for the kids, but obviously that was no concern for the mother, who reaps the benefits of her transgressions at someone else's burden. The mother should be the one to pay entirely, and it be up to her to figure out who she opened her legs to, to chase after someone for baby money.

It doesn't favour the mother and her infidelity. It favours the best interest of the children. The best interest of the children isn't for a father to bugger off.I'm not going to feel sorry for the mother and I'm not going to feel sorry for the father. These kids need to be loved and supported by the only parents they have ever known. This is really a no brainer.

This I agree with. And you're right, it won't happen.Otherwise, it's a benefit to the children for the father to pay child support. It's not as if the now divorced mother with 4 children is going to be living it up "Gangnam Style" with child support. Her life is more crappy now than the father's life is.

Goes the other way too, how many guys don't pay child support? Plenty of absentee fathers in the world.

I always date outside of my ethnic group. It will be easier to tell if the kid is yours. My 5 cents...now the penny is gone.

Archived