The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A reason it sucks to be a man in Canada

smokes

The Laws protect the Woman no matter if the woman is right or wrong. Where are the laws to protect the men?

http://www.yourjewis...3/02/w6592.html

A man was devastated when he found out that three of his four children are not his.

The man in Montreal, Canada, had been married for 16 years to the same woman.

The couple, had four children ages 16, 14 and 12, who are girls along with a boy of nine-years-old.

The couple separated in 2010. While going through the divorce and custody issues, the man found out that he was not the father of his three daughters, although their son is his.

Even more bizarre: all three girls have different fathers.

But the worst yet to come, even after learning that the kids who he loved and raised as his own were not his, the judge ordered him to pay his former wife child support for all the children.

Since he is the only father the children have known and he raised them as his own, he is responsible as if he was the father.

In another case, a man named, Pasqualino Cornelio, was paying child support for his twins, but he later demanded DNA testing. When he found out that he was not the father of the twins, now 16, the judge ordered that he has to continue paying child support.

Depends on how rich the guy is. You'd be surprised of how much of a paycheck child support can eat up. And you have no way of knowing what the mother is going to do with the money. From what I've seen anyway, generally the mother is awarded more than she'd probably need. If you're rich, you seem to get screwed. Not sure if poor father's get screwed as badly.

In the story, the guy took care of these kids for a long time as is.. and he got cheated on.. why aren't the legit father's made to pay? Or the mother? She probably got half in the divorce too, which is the kicker. I agree with how many dads don't pay this, but it still doesn't mean that someone should be made to pay for kids that aren't even his, especially when they didn't even know.. and ESPECIALLY if the wife cheated on him during marriage. That's kind of messed up.

The least the father can do is help support the children. He is the only father they have ever known. And as I said before, he certainly loved them and cared for them before knowing about this. What worries me is that now he has no interest in his children.As for the wife, trust me, she will see the consequences for this, much more than the father (if you can call helping support children a conseqence). The mother will, rightfully so, have to deal with children who will grow to resent what their mother did, never knowing their real fathers. She does not have an easy road ahead.The father can come out looking like a king in all of this by simply being loving, supporting father to only kids he has ever been a father for.Is it fair? No. But as the saying goes, "Life is not fair." Be a man, do the right thing. Sometimes, the right thing isn't "fair."

Yes there would be a legal basis.  There are plenty of cases where a biological dad has to pay support, despite his kids being taken on by a new dad.  Whether the new dad himself could get money is another matter, but the kids certainly could.

I think it's downright criminal to expect that he be ordered to pay child support for kids that aren't his. I wonder, though, how hard it must be for him to separate himself from their lives. Up until he found out, he would have formed very strong bonds with the children. What a yucky situation.

Oh, and where are the real fathers???

I think it's downright criminal to expect that he be ordered to pay child support for kids that aren't his. I wonder, though, how hard it must be for him to separate himself from their lives. Up until he found out, he would have formed very strong bonds with the children. What a yucky situation.

Oh, and where are the real fathers???

Archived