The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A reason it sucks to be a man in Canada

smokes

Not his children, not his problem. Better?

Notch one up for baiting and entrapping somebody into parental responsibilities for other people's children. Score one for deceipt and dishonesty.

If the state wants them fed and raised, why doesn't it step up to the task, instead of putting the burden on an unwilling individual?

The best interests of the child meaning what exactly? Does the court force the man to take the kids skiing? Spend time on weekends? Help with homework? Or is the only issue here the financial well being of the children?

Sounds to me this is about financially supporting the child. Again, why the man and not the government?

The best interests of the child meaning what exactly? Does the court force the man to take the kids skiing? Spend time on weekends? Help with homework? Or is the only issue here the financial well being of the children?

Sounds to me this is about financially supporting the child. Again, why the man and not the government?

I was just casually throwing around a variation of the phrase "not my property, not my problem". Sorry you have to raise such a stink about it.

It does accurately reflect the mindset to me that other people's children are other people's problems that I can shrug off causally as such, though.

He was tricked. He was duped. He was lied to.

The person who did the tricking, duping and lying should pick up ALL the costs of her actions, including the full support of her kids. (Of course another right thing to do would be to track down their biological dads and go after them.)

One thing that has bothered me about this thread more than anything is the title, "A reason it sucks to be a man in Canada." I actually think being a man in Canada has worked out pretty well, for the most part.

I mean really, how easy should we really have it?

I am not surprised that the governments at 2 levels want somebody else to pay, and since they have that power I'm even less surprised that the laws are set up that way.

Some one must pay and it seems that society has swung way past fair in order to redress past wrongs.However all that does is shaft a different segment of todays society.

Archived