• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Jane

Van-Tor(Proposal)

To Van:

Leo Komarov

To Toronto:

Dale Weise

Volpatti

Komarov has he most hits in the league as a forward and yet has 4 min in pentalies. He has 4 points in 13 games and also can fight pretty good.

Healthy Line Up

Sedin Sedin Burows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Hansen (Keep this line together)

Higgins Lappy Komarov

Ballard Tanev

Edler Bieska

Hamhuis Garrison ( Hamhuis will make Garrison look better)

Schneider + Lu

Trade deadline i could see higgins go and off season ballard and a goalie

I love it when proposals make no attempt of an explanation as to why the other team would agree.

I wouldn't mind giving one but not both Volpatti and Weise.

So toronto finds a gem in Komorov and they're going to ship him to Vancouver for a couple of 4th line plugs? Why exactly?

So toronto finds a gem in Komorov and they're going to ship him to Vancouver for a couple of 4th line plugs? Why exactly?

So, someone has seen Komarov's stats sheet. He's been decent for the Leafs, but as others have said, why would they take back Volpatti and Weise for him?

Then there's the fact he is a little smaller player (at 5'10" and 187lbs) where Volpatti is 6', 215 and Weise is 6'2", 210. Just because he hits more doesn't mean he's more effective at hitting. He's good at a number of things, but not as a 4th line grinder, which is all the space we'd have for him.

He has definitely been one of the most noticeable players for the Leafs in almost every game of theirs that I've watched this season. I'm really impressed with the effort he puts in every shift and his ability to help retain puck possession once in the offensive zone. If getting him only took a Weise going the other way I wouldn't hesitate for a moment on making that deal.

A small player who hits for a living is a candidate for the IR .. happens every time .. even big bodied bangers get worn out ..