#91 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

He better be 110%.

Canucks can make the playoffs without Kesler, they can't win the cup without him.

#92 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

I hope the Canucks aren't jumping the gun with Kesler and rushing him into play because of Malhotra's retirement. Last time Kes came back, it was premature and he only looked like he was at 70%.

Let's hope his recovery is all well and Kes is back at 100.

#93 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Didn't they make this assumption about Kesler last week based on a practise????

My thoughts exactly.

I hate to admit Im hearing alarm bells in spite of how I think the problems between Kesler and Vigneault have probably been blown way out of proportion.

However, it is Kesler's decision and no one in the organization has any cause to hold it against him if he feels hes not ready.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 15 February 2013 - 03:50 AM.

#94 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

@botchford: Not a bad look, sedins-burrows, Higgins-kesler-Kassian, Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen, volpatti-lapierre-weise.

As long as nothing happens to shroeder's line (and to some extent sedin/burrows)...all is well in life =)

#95 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

the armchair experts in here are many
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#96 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

If Kesler says he's ready, he's going to be ready. He said that he doesn't want to do the same thing as before. He's coming off a major injury, so no he's not going to be 100% right off the bat, hockey wise. Give him a few games to get back to it. If I see one thread on Kesler looking "injured" tonight, and it's not already locked, I will post 50+ pictures of kittens....

6104d373-1a23-4efe-aa1c-cc63679010d4_zps716fa427-d766-42cf-a22d-90b1f8e9d39e_zps

#97 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have just watched AV's interview and then Kesler's...................what is going on? Don't these guys talk? Kesler says he hasn't had pain for 2 weeks, which seems fine if he is a curler but doesn't seem long if he is to go out on the ice and get hammered.

He just doesn't seem confident to me, not to mention a bit edgy with the media.

Is this the old AV winding him up again to get Kesler fired up and angry.............if so I would like AV to remember this is not like "Kes needs to pass more" it is a lot more serious.

Edited by Bodee, 15 February 2013 - 06:43 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#98 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think that in the first few game Lapierre will take some shifts in place of Kesler on the line with Kassian and Higgins just to keep Kes' minutes down.

#99 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Really? What shows you that? His 2 Assists while getting ice time with the Sedins and PP?

Or are you just impressed with the last assist he got vs Minny and think he's an incredible play maker just because of 1 play?

Well, that pass in Chicago was great.

And, he has made several excellent passes, that others haven't been able to finish on.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#100 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

I have just watched AV's interview and then Kesler's...................what is going on? Don't these guys talk? Kesler says he hasn't had pain for 2 weeks, which seems fine if he is a curler but doesn't seem long if he is to go out on the ice and get hammered.

He just doesn't seem confident to me, not to mention a bit edgy with the media.

Is this the old AV winding him up again to get Kesler fired up and angry.............if so I would like AV to remember this is not like "Kes needs to pass more" it is a lot more serious.

I think Kes was tongue in cheek his entire interview.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#101 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think Kes was tongue in cheek his entire interview.

agreed. kes just being a prick to interviewers. nothing new. :lol:

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 15 February 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#102 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'm not worried at all. I'm worried about some possible tension in the room, but as far as Kesler coming back too early or "being rushed", not worried in the least. Kesler knows his body best and seems to be doing this on his terms so if he does come back tonight, you know he's as ready as he'll ever be.

I don't necessarily expect Kesler to make a huge impact right off the bat, but I do believe that his presence in the lineup alone makes an impact. Other teams aren't going to not match up their checking lines and shutdown D pairings with him just because it's his first game back from an injury. If he's in the lineup, he'll draw some of those matchups to him, meaning the other lines should have a bit of an easier time out there.

In fact, I think there's a higher chance of him making an impact offensively to start off than defensively. It'll take some time to get his timing and defensive reads in order, which is also why I hope he doesn't get too much of the PK and shutdown load to start off.

#103 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

"@VanCanucks: Looks like Kesler gets the start tonight. The man himself. http://t.co/VCQXBsyE"

Posted Image

#104 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I hope he's 100% and was just being tight lipped to the media. Because if not, he didn't look very confident about being in game shape.

#105 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well if you go back and read some of the articles from last year when Kesler had the surgery back in May, it was said it would take atleast 6 months to recover and still wouldn't return until he was cleared from the surgeon [Dr. Anthony Miniaci of the Cleveland Clinic] until at full strength. By this logic that would of meant Kesler would of been ready by November, well we all know there was no hockey because of the lockout so this gave Kesler a lot more time.

It has been 9 months since his surgery, and was told he only needed 6 months, so he has had an extra 3 months to recover and build the strength up even more, and I haven't heard of any set backs once. I do believe with the extra 3 months it has allowed him to be forsure 100%, and feel much more comfortable with him coming back this time then in the past when he actually rushed his return.

some quotes from Kesler back in May 2012

“I’m not going to come back early,” Kesler stressed Thursday from his off-season home in West Bloomfield, Mich. “With the program I have, the fourth-month period is when you can really start pushing the envelope and even if it goes until December, I’m not coming back until I’m 110% when I know I’m ready and able to play my game.

“It’s going to take six months and the surgeon [Dr. Anthony Miniaci of the Cleveland Clinic] is not going to release me until I’m at full strength and mobility. I’m doing rehab two or three times a week with my therapist and rehab on my own every day to get my range of motion back slowly. I’ve started working out this week so my legs are more sore than my shoulder right now, but I’m not going to rush anything.”

“I heard a pop in my shoulder, but a lot of times when you get hit, you hear little pops,” recalled Kesler. “It was a fluke thing but this one was a different feel. The first couple of weeks were the worst. I got an MRI done after the trip and found out what it was and just tried to play the rest of the season.”

http://sports.nation...n-until-im-110/

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#106 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Let's just plug Kesler into the hockey-health meter computer quantizer, and we can find out the exact number. Then let's talk, all this about 70, 100, 110 percent is just ridiculous. Let's get the real number first...

#107 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,260 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Look for Benn or Fiddler to take a healthy run at Kesler. He better have his head up tonight.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#108 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Look for Benn or Fiddler to take a healthy run at Kesler. He better have his head up tonight.

and expect no retribution.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#109 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,260 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

and expect no retribution.

Show me one case where a star player has been taken out and there has been legitimate retribution.

The only case that I can remember that happening was Bertuzzi on Moore. Do we really want our players doing that again?

Just as an example, here's Chicago's so called "retribution" on Torres after he took out one of their best players:

Pretty pathetic. I'm sure Raffi will never throw another hit on a Hawks player after that beating...

I guess that means the Hawks are soft too.

My favorite retribution was Booth fighting Richards. Sure it was a terrible fight, but at least Booth stood up for himself. I'd rather se that then have a goon go after their players.

Posted Image

#110 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Show me one case where a star player has been taken out and there has been legitimate retribution.

The only case that I can remember that happening was Bertuzzi on Moore. Do we really want our players doing that again?

Just as an example, here's Chicago's so called "retribution" on Torres after he took out one of their best players:

https://www.youtube....h?v=lA6RGqv7ya4

Pretty pathetic. I'm sure Raffi will never throw another hit on a Hawks player after that beating...

I guess that means the Hawks are soft too.

My favorite retribution was Booth fighting Richards. Sure it was a terrible fight, but at least Booth stood up for himself. I'd rather se that then have a goon go after their players.

Matt Carkner demonstration.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#111 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I guarantee you no one will run over Kesler... We're playing the Stars
Posted Image

#112 DonCherry2013

DonCherry2013

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

If Kesler was Canadian, he would be one of my favourite players.

#113 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,260 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Matt Carkner demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94r8eauXqkU

Hardly retribution. I don't think that will stop Boyle in the future.

Edited by DeNiro, 15 February 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#114 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hardly retribution. I don't think that will stop Boyle in the future.

did you not watch the rest of the series ? Boyle didnt go near Karlsson.

Canucks still need a monster in my opinion, playoffs are much different, almost a different sport.

#115 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Really? What shows you that? His 2 Assists while getting ice time with the Sedins and PP?

Or are you just impressed with the last assist he got vs Minny and think he's an incredible play maker just because of 1 play?

I was going to respond to this, but luckily everyone else in the CDC did it for me, thanks guys.

Yeah his diving is just atrocious. He'd be my favourite Canucks if it wasn't for that aspect of his game. It really makes him seem like a whining, slovenly baby. Ugh.

I for one have noticed no obvious dives, and only a couple of times where the players oversold it. It may be a trend where all the Canucks have gotten the bad rep for being divers and that is something they have worked on as a group. So maybe we will see less diving this year, maybe.

If Kesler was Canadian, he would be one of my favourite players.

There are hundreds of Canadian born heroes, where Americans seem to have very few US born players (except goalies) worth cheering for. I for one think it is great that the yanks have someone they can cheer for that is actually good.

#116 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Actually I think he is right. The one thing I am very surprised and impressed with is his passing skills and his awareness of where everyone else is on the ice.

He has a lot of work to do to figure out where he is supposed to be without the puck as he sometimes looks lost, but watch his passing the next couple of games. It is excellent. It doesn't always translate into assists of course.

His last year of junior he got 51 assists in 56 games so that is a pretty decent sample size to work from.

The question was who is going to pass the puck on the 2nd line with Higgins Kesler Kassian. Kasian'sFace (obvious Kassian crush) answered Kassian is an "INCREDIBLE play maker"

Ryan Kesler had 50 Assists in the NHL a couple of seasons ago. He is not an "incredible" play maker, but Kassian is an "incredible" play maker because he had 51 assists in the juniors?

Kassian has played 105 Pro games and he has 32 Assists. No second coming of Gretzky here folks.

Both of Kassian's assists this season have been impressive. Of course it is a small sample, but it was enough to warrant a couple minutes of discussion from the TSN analysts.

An impressive pass does not make a guy the set up man on the 2nd line, Just like an impressive goal does not make Marek Malik a sniper.

Even in his junior career he has shown tremendous vision and passing skills if you've watched him. A rare talent.

No I didn't watch him in his junior career. How many games did you watch and where? On TV or do you live in Peterborough or Windsor?

first off , calm now

second , his assists are 2 real great passes , and most of his goal were from his own hard work , not the sedins

is he an incredible playmaker , not really but he can set guys up

i understand your anger but dont go down the whole " the sedins gave him all his points" route because thats clearly not true

Not angry at all. Just put a ? in my post because I asked a question. Not sure why I came across that way to you.

Clearly you agree with me that Kassian is not an INCREDIBLE play maker. Nothing more to add.

bring back the minus button

Why so brainless people who can't write a few words to express their opinion can push the - button and move on without having to explain their position and back it up by facts?

Well, that pass in Chicago was great.

And, he has made several excellent passes, that others haven't been able to finish on.

So the problem is Kassian has been a great set up man but we need to trade for a sniper for him to pass the puck to. I see.

Aslo watch the Above Malik video. Was Malik a sniper?

I was going to respond to this, but luckily everyone else in the CDC did it for me, thanks guys.

I insist. Go ahead and explain to me why you think Kassian is an incredible play maker.

How did Kassian do setting up plays for Kesler and Higgins last night? -1 and 0 Assists.
He has 2 Assists in 13 games playing on the PP and getting ice time with the Sedins.. Lets not anoint him the next Henrik Sedin just yet.

Fan boys on CDC make me laugh.

The team may be a bit soft for a deep playoff run: NO, We ha Kassian

Sedins need a tough and rough winger: NO, We have Kassian

The 2nd line needs a setup man: Kassian is an INCREDIBLE playmaker.

The ice is going to be soft in Florida due to humidity: Kassian can skater on water.

I like Kassian as much as anyone else, but he's not the best player in the world at every position, nor is he ever going to be.
Right now the kid is best suited for a 3rd or 4th line role with limited shifts on the Sedin line depending on the opponent on given night.

Edited by WHL rocks, 16 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#117 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm curious to see how he fairs tomorrow against the Blues and how he does against Chicago on Tuesday night.
He is a gritty guy, but he is far from being the next Gretzky as far as any real hockey skill goes. He can set up plays, but what are his other REAL assets?
Tuesday will be the test against the Hawks, I hate to say it, but damn, that team is firing on all cylinders!

#118 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Jeez, lots of negative Nancies in here.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.