The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler looking to return tomorrow

Burrows_Breath

Took a nap for a couple hours and woke up with some big news, wasn't expecting this one at all.

I think he was just being precautious and modest during his interview, like waiting for the coach to give him the go. Moments later, he got the go during AVs interview. I don't know, I may be misunderstanding things.

We are doing really well without him, no need to rush him, altough PP needs his help. I can see AV limiting his minutes to PP and ES, give him 15 minutes and get Kesler going little by little.

Hmm... Not entirely sure how to feel about this. Can't say I've kept super up to date with his recent recovery, but I still think there's no rush yet. Isn't it VERY recently he's practiced and he even said the strength isn't there.

If he's not 100%, no one will be happy.

Kassian has shown himself to be an incredible playmaker and he is not a cherry picker and will pass the puck. Higgins is not the best passer, but he is far from the puck hog Kesler is. And Kesler is not supposed to pass the puck, he is supposed to bury it in the back of the net. Its what he does, and he does it well.

Actually I think he is right. The one thing I am very surprised and impressed with is his passing skills and his awareness of where everyone else is on the ice.

He has a lot of work to do to figure out where he is supposed to be without the puck as he sometimes looks lost, but watch his passing the next couple of games. It is excellent. It doesn't always translate into assists of course.

His last year of junior he got 51 assists in 56 games so that is a pretty decent sample size to work from.

I believe when he was first traded here he was asked what kind of player he was and he said even though he was a big guy and liked to score goals, he considered himself a play maker and that his passing skills are always something that gets pverlooked

Can't remember where I read that though

Archived