The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malholtra will miss remainder of the season.

AriGold

It's a shame, he's really given it everything he could since his eye injury. If this turns out to be the end of his playing career I hope the Canucks find him a position within the organization. He's been nothing but class and hard work during his time here, and I wish him nothing but the best with his future.

I'm bummed out because he was playing so well before the injury, and was getting recognized not only here, but league wide. I had heard rumours from friends who had parents working in the organization that his eye never really improved. I think we could all see that his play was poor at best on the ice, so it's now really obvious why. I think he was hesitant to go "all out" because of his impaired vision and I think it's something that probably won't ever go away at this point, which is totally understandable.

Related to hating on people who feel bad for the guy, I'm going to be honest, I feel a little bad, but not THAT bad, let's put this all in perspective. He makes more money that most of us put together lol.

Cap reasons.

I think MG told him either he takes rest of season off

or he gets waived. Manny is not remotely close to the player he was before injury.

This frees up $2.5 mill to bring in a more competent player. Obviously Manny is not happy about this. He wasn't at the press conference and I'm not surprised.

I don't think this is a huge loss lineup wise. I would have done the same thing as MG.

That's a shame that is eye hasn't gotten better, never like too see anyone have their vision impaired. It's a reminder to recreational players that you should probably be wearing full face protection.

Nice thing for Manny is he should be set for life if he didn't blow his money.

Manny seemed to be a player who just never got the breaks. He never really fit in with the Rangers, and started to get going when when he went to Columbus.

He seemed to be like Salo getting injured at the wrong times.

I find it unlikely he'll be able to play again. But he is one of the classy, good guys in hockey. Total team guy and good in the community. Never saw him take a shift off. Sad way to end a career. But he's lucky he got to play in the big show. That's better than 99.9% of ever did.

Cap reasons.

or he gets waived. Manny is not remotely close to the player he was before injury.

This frees up $2.5 mill to bring in a more competent player. Obviously Manny is not happy about this. He wasn't at the press conference and I'm not surprised.

I don't think this is a huge loss lineup wise. I would have done the same thing as MG.

Cap reasons.

Archived