The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malholtra will miss remainder of the season.

AriGold

Man this sucks. I feel horrible for Malhotra. I was really hoping Malhotra would return to his 2010-11 form. He finished 5th in Selke voting that year. He played like a boss. It really sucks that this has to happen to a guy like Manny. He's up there for one of the classiest guys in the league. I hope he gets a job within the Canucks organization.

Good luck Manny.

Well that sucks :( I'll echo the sentiment that if this is it for him as a skater, I hope he stays in the organization in some management/coaching capacity.

I guess a positive of this is that it gives us a bit of cap relief :/ Small consolation for losing him though.

Best of luck Manny!

Not sure what is up but perhaps the cap is the reason he is being put on ir. if he retired now I'm not sure the Canucks would get any cap relief but they do get cap relief for him being on IR. Also from his perspective he still gets paid this way. Therefore, being placed on IR works better for both sides.

Don't get how bad of an injury is it that he just put on long term IR? He just played a few games ago and was at the Skills comp looking normal and happy...think this more of a management decision? The personal reason may be they are not good terms?

Not sure what is up but perhaps the cap is the reason he is being put on ir. if he retired now I'm not sure the Canucks would get any cap relief but they do get cap relief for him being on IR. Also from his perspective he still gets paid this way. Therefore, being placed on IR works better for both sides.

Archived