#31 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Oh man, this might be the weirdest/funniest post I've ever read on CDC

Now, sorry if this is slightly insulting. Not my intention. I'm assuming English is your second language, you'd be better served to spend $500 on some English classes, 'cause this post hardly makes sense.

I'm very proud of you for being able to spend $500 dollars on a date but in doing that you sir have a high chance of getting played. Most girls will stick around if you keep spending money on but in doing so it makes it very difficult to insure she's really into you.

The best dates don't include huge amounts of money spent.... You're doing it wrong! Also, movies are horrible dates, they're more for established relationships.

Lastly, if you're dancing for around two hours and the playlist includes Metal & disco, I'd imagine the flow of the place to be pretty out of wack, that's just me though.

Women like thoughtful dates, not necessarily expensive ones. Flowers are nice, yet make sure not to buy thirty just 'cause you can. Anything around or under a dozen is sufficient.

Iīm sorry dude but had YOU checked my salary for the last, errr, 4 years? because You donīt have any idea how much I spend on my own education and courses. including not only English, but also French and Russian because some planes are equiped with Russian Avionics and I must understand them...</p>second, my english may not be perfect here but I speak way better than I write and you never saw me flying in USA or Canada. people who meet "Zara" knows what I can do when Iīm flying. and who are you to jugde anything? I bet 1000 dollars you canīt speak Portuguese even on "average level" (without a translator) because people aroung the globe think is similar to spanish but itīs not. itīs a diferent language and we have the Embraer. you know? those planes flying in USA, Canada and many other countries? yes. theyīre made here by "portuguese speakers". before being a "N" or a "C" (USA and Canadian "identifications") these planes were "PT", "PP" or "PR" (Brazilian "Identifications"). and to fly HERE you must understand that WE speak English and Portuguese. but a Brazilian Pilot (also Pilots from Portugal) will speak portuguese on our airpace beause itīs our airspace. </p>3rd. girls call me because their boyfriends treat them like trash wile I like to talk and be nice with them. I like be funny and I donīt care if I look stupid but the girls feels nice. because I care about what the girl is feeling. so if I have to pay 500 US dollars (1000BRL) and the girl feels happy I donīt care. itīs just money and the girl is fine, the girl is smiling and if sheīs happy thats the point. I treat girls like princess because they deserve, I talk a lot and I listen a lot too. I recognise the girlīs qualities and I make jokes about myself to make the girl happy. and if it ends with sex good, if not also good. I had a nice date with a nice girl. thats the most important thing of all...4th) so you enjoy be racist against people without 110% english grammar? or itīs because Iīm "latino"? oh yeah South America sucks compared with the rest of the world eh? yeah. but Iīm proud to speak one of the hardest languages on earth, Iīm proud because my country have the "Biofuel Tecnology" since 1970s and itīs so commom here that we donīt say "OMG. weīre using Etanol or Biodiesel. weīre saving the planet". we have FlexFuel cars since 1980s, our cars can run with all types of gasoline and Etanol and we donīt say "OMG. Iīm driving a hybrid/flexfuel car. Iīm saving the world". only now the world is learning with US how use these tecnologies. Iīm proud because we have one of the best Pilots skills on earth. every country on this planet recognise that Brazilian Aviators can do a lot of things with low resources. When I fly in USA the americans recognise that the "portuguese speaker" there flies in the jungle, in the Brazilian Jungle. I speak 3 languages (simultaneously) on Aviation Enviroment. Iīm from the land of Alberto Santos Dumont. 1st in flight, father of Aviation. and the entire world knows it...enjoy your own racism dude. Comandante Rodrigo Nogueira Mota(Captain Rodrigo Nogueira Mota)
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#32 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

^ lolwut?

#33 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

^ lolwut?

It was an awful tl;dr rant.

But someone who's willing to fork over that money and then wonder why girls only remember him on days like that where he goes overboard with showering random people with extravagant things.. probably aren't going to have that epiphany any time soon.

#34 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

It was an awful tl;dr rant.

But someone who's willing to fork over that money and then wonder why girls only remember him on days like that where he goes overboard with showering random people with extravagant things.. probably aren't going to have that epiphany any time soon.

spend 500 bucks with a girl isnīt a extravaganza, itīs normal. and itīs cultural here, we spend a lot, we have fun and everybody is happy. Perhaps girls in North America arenīt used with spontaneous guys. or perhaps men in North America are too "money grubber"...Iīm not complaining about many girls calling me, Iīm angry when they do this when Iīm working...

#35 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

*Wanders in to thread*

... :blink: :unsure:

*backs out of thread slowly*
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

spend 500 bucks with a girl isnīt a extravaganza, itīs normal.

It's irresponsible is what it is.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#37 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

It depends on your personal situation and is a judgment made by the person concerned.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#38 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

It depends on your personal situation and is a judgment made by the person concerned.

Ok.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#39 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I think the word is "stupid". By all means if you got the cash, you're welcome to be as stupid as you like though!
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Took my SO to Seasons them went to see a movie... Got each other chocolates. We don't think it's a big deal of a day but we're always busy so it's nice to have a day to ourselves when we can.

#41 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

<p>

<br />
I always thought it would be smart to get married the day after or a few days after Valentine&#39;s day. Because then on your anniversary every year all the flowers and chocolate would be half price and all the restaurants empty.<br />

that's a good idea, I should consider that.

the worst part of v day is that it still applies after you get married.
Posted Image

#42 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

<p>

that's a good idea, I should consider that.

the worst part of v day is that it still applies after you get married.

thatīs not a good idea. thatīs a GREAT idea...

#43 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

lol, what just happened in this thread?

If a woman requires you to spend $500 on Valentine's to be happy, lol, she's not a woman you want to be spending time with, plain and simple.

All the power to you if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

RIP LB RR PD

#44 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

lol, what just happened in this thread?

If a woman requires you to spend $500 on Valentine's to be happy, lol, she's not a woman you want to be spending time with, plain and simple.

All the power to you if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

$500 is not all that much money.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#45 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

$500 is not all that much money.

Well that's relative isn't it. But regardless of how wealthy you are, IMO that's far too much to spend on a casual date. Now as a a nice evening once in a while for a significant other... sure.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well that's relative isn't it. But regardless of how wealthy you are, IMO that's far too much to spend on a casual date. Now as a a nice evening once in a while for a significant other... sure.

Not in my experience.

#47 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

You obviously have more money to burn than I did when I was single. $500 on someone you might have next to no connection with and aren't getting any sex from...may as well just set it on fire.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

You obviously have more money to burn than I did when I was single. $500 on someone you might have next to no connection with and aren't getting any sex from...may as well just set it on fire.

I never had a shortage of money. I began working when I was 15 and paid my own way from that point on. Sometimes I had 2 or 3 jobs during the summer break.

How i choose to spend my money should not be a concern of anyone - it is after all my money.

Having sex was never an issue - lots of willing partners.

#49 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

As I made clear it's totally your call. Just doesn't strike me as smart fiscal management.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

As I made clear it's totally your call. Just doesn't strike me as smart fiscal management.

Why? I also invested and put money into businesses and saving.

I had my first home one year out of university and I had no debt. Did fine.

#51 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

My guy and I have celebrated Valentine's Day for over 20 years. We also have regular date nights (even if it's just at home). So, we celebrate all year, but still make Valentine's Day special. It doesn't have to be major, we at least get each other a card and flowers (yes, he gets flowers).

We know how much we love each other, so it's not like we only say it on Valentine's Day, but to let the day come and go without honouring our relationship seems sad and boring. We ain't fans of "sad and boring".
Posted Image

#52 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

How about if an ex gf spends 500$ on u? :P

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#53 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Indeed.

Some people find it okay to spend copious amounts on simple things (that's their prerogative I guess, but exemplary of excessive westernised consumption/expenses), I come from a background of financial responsibility and not spending more for something than one should.

Edited by zaibatsu, 16 February 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#54 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I have to admit my ex sent me to a hotel spa and took me out for dinner.

'It's no easy being ridiculously good-looking.'

-Zoolander

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#55 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Indeed.

Some people find it okay to spend copious amounts on simple things (that's their prerogative I guess, but exemplary of excessive westernised consumption/expenses), I come from a background of financial responsibility and not spending more for something than one should.

And who determines that? You?

#56 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have to admit my ex sent me to a hotel spa and took me out for dinner.

'It's no easy being ridiculously good-looking.'

-Zoolander

aha! so girls in North America like a lot when a man spend a lot with a woman. I knew it. but they (women) donīt admit it and keep this "responsability talk". I never knew a woman that didnīt enjoy a 5 star hotel spa and a 5 star restaurant. girls like when you spend more with them than with you...

#57 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

aha! so girls in North America like a lot when a man spend a lot with a woman. I knew it. but they (women) donīt admit it and keep this "responsability talk". I never knew a woman that didnīt enjoy a 5 star hotel spa and a 5 star restaurant. girls like when you spend more with them than with you...

I should have probably clarified that I'm a man. Lol.

MINUS the WO.

But yeah I do enjoy a 5 star spa and restaurant thanks :P

Edited by Special Ed, 16 February 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#58 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I should have probably clarified that I'm a man. Lol.

MINUS the WO.

But yeah I do enjoy a 5 star spa and restaurant thanks :P

Wait a minute. your Ex-girlfriend sent you to a SPA? wierd :) 4 Valentineīs Day ago my ex-Girlfriend gave me a funny gift, 24 hours on a 5 stars hotel doing S-E-X all the time. that was an awesome thing! Ok. I was tired after the "endurance" but I like the "Le Sex Endurance". that girl was crazy :) 

Edited by aeromotacanucks, 16 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#59 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

aha! so girls in North America like a lot when a man spend a lot with a woman. I knew it. but they (women) don´t admit it and keep this "responsability talk". I never knew a woman that didn´t enjoy a 5 star hotel spa and a 5 star restaurant. girls like when you spend more with them than with you...

A certain type do, yes. One day you'll figure that out.

#60 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

A certain type do, yes. One day you'll figure that out.

"certain types"? man I donīt know about you but since I donīt need a luxury life and I have everything I need sometimes I have a lot of money to invest, on a bank account, business, with my family, travel. or just to go out and have fun...and Iīm single. so if I go to a strip club itīs ok. Pilots talk about pornograph all the time when they/we are not flying...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.