The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valentine's Day

Monty

lol, what just happened in this thread?

If a woman requires you to spend $500 on Valentine's to be happy, lol, she's not a woman you want to be spending time with, plain and simple.

All the power to you if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

My guy and I have celebrated Valentine's Day for over 20 years. We also have regular date nights (even if it's just at home). So, we celebrate all year, but still make Valentine's Day special. It doesn't have to be major, we at least get each other a card and flowers (yes, he gets flowers).

We know how much we love each other, so it's not like we only say it on Valentine's Day, but to let the day come and go without honouring our relationship seems sad and boring. We ain't fans of "sad and boring".

Indeed.

Some people find it okay to spend copious amounts on simple things (that's their prerogative I guess, but exemplary of excessive westernised consumption/expenses), I come from a background of financial responsibility and not spending more for something than one should.

aha! so girls in North America like a lot when a man spend a lot with a woman. I knew it. but they (women) don´t admit it and keep this "responsability talk". I never knew a woman that didn´t enjoy a 5 star hotel spa and a 5 star restaurant. girls like when you spend more with them than with you...

aha! so girls in North America like a lot when a man spend a lot with a woman. I knew it. but they (women) don´t admit it and keep this "responsability talk". I never knew a woman that didn´t enjoy a 5 star hotel spa and a 5 star restaurant. girls like when you spend more with them than with you...

Archived