Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Valentine's Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 literaphile

literaphile

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Is spending $500 on a special date for Valentine's Day any different from spending $500 on a Canucks game? Two tickets, food, parking, beer, etc. - you can get up to $500 pretty easily. I wonder if all of the posters arguing that $500 is too much for a date would say the same thing about going to a Canucks game.

#92 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I've been away from this thread for the past couple days, been traveling (I wouldn't want to brag about where I've been, as the brag quota is filled in this thread) and I guess since I've been gone, I've been called out as "Racist" by Aeromatacanuck (sp?)

I am not a Racist, for the record. Nor did I say anything racist. One more thing, I'm guessing you have to spend money on these girls Aero, I mean, they have to put up with your pilot bragging and clear obsession with yourself and your "supposed" accomplishments. *News flash* when you stated that the USA has airports every 10 miles, this board is based in Canada! Some of the most difficult flying conditions on the planet, given our vast north and variating climate. And I can assure you there's much further landing locations than 10 miles, but I guess your worldly experience would just group Canada with the US.

As a Grandson of a RCAF pilot, I'd love you to tell him to his face how much better you and your Brazilian pilot buddies are at flying than him.

Happy week after Valentines everyone. Take your ladies out often. There really should be no need for a special day. If you treat then right, everyday is a special day ; )

#93 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

^ Great post.

#94 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

$500 just isn't all that much money for a romantic evening out. And if it is for you, then do not spend it but do not criticize those who do.

To me, it's not the concern of him spending the money - because if he has it, he can spend it however he chooses - but the amounts of women calling him up because they know he'll spend it on them. My criticism is on the girls, not him.
I'd like a poll of how many guys who make ballpark 30k-50k had multiple women calling them up to have them take them out. Why? Because generally, we aren't going to shower a girl with $500 of stuff on Valentine's Day. To me, any girl who expects that or hopes for that isn't worth it. Mine just wants to be recognized on Valentine's, that's basically it.
Posted Image

#95 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Why? I also invested and put money into businesses and saving.

I had my first home one year out of university and I had no debt. Did fine.

This was also 1928 and stocks were flying :P
Posted Image

#96 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,190 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Is spending $500 on a special date for Valentine's Day any different from spending $500 on a Canucks game? Two tickets, food, parking, beer, etc. - you can get up to $500 pretty easily. I wonder if all of the posters arguing that $500 is too much for a date would say the same thing about going to a Canucks game.

Is it vastly different? No. They're both frivolous and (hopefully) fun distractions.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#97 literaphile

literaphile

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Is it vastly different? No. They're both frivolous and (hopefully) fun distractions.

Well, yes. My post was aimed at those who were scoffing at spending $500 on a special night out. If the special night out was a Canucks game instead of a valentine's date, I'm sure at least some of the posters would be changing their tune.

#98 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Well, yes. My post was aimed at those who were scoffing at spending $500 on a special night out. If the special night out was a Canucks game instead of a valentine's date, I'm sure at least some of the posters would be changing their tune.

Yeah but real wimmin don't like hockey, eh. Amirite????.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.