53 replies to this topic

#1 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Kesler says "no timeline to reteurn" 15 minutes ago... 5 minutes ago AV says "He is cleared and playing"

Audio was put on Team 1040.

I hope this was just Kesler not knowing that it was public knowledge yet and not another mis-communication between the two.

If this is more trouble between the two I think we are getting close to having to make a move so it doesn't become public trouble and we lose value in the asset (like him demanding a trade). O'Reilly and a 1st for Kesler?

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Kesler says "its another step... Still no timeline" but wouldn't completely rule out playing tomorrow night. #canucks

@FarhanLaljiTSN: AV re Kesler, "he's been medically cleared to play... All indications are head ready to go, unless something changes between here & tomorrow

Edited by Provost, 14 February 2013 - 02:02 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

POPULAR

Kesler says "no timeline to reteurn" 15 minutes ago... 5 minutes ago AV says "He is cleared and playing"

Audio was put on Team 1040.

I hope this was just Kesler not knowing that it was public knowledge yet and not another mis-communication between the two.

If this is more trouble between the two I think we are getting close to having to make a move so it doesn't become public trouble and we lose value in the asset (like him demanding a trade). O'Reilly and a 1st for Kesler?

We will NOT trade Kesler, let alone to a divisional rival.

Besides, I don't see where the controversy is coming from.

/=S=/

#3 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

It is a controversy if you make it a controversy.

It's really only a case of Ryan Kesler not wanting to say he's playing when he hasn't heard anything from the coach yet.

Posted Image

#4 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

It's getting ridiculous. Kesler and Vigneault are grown men, they need to hash this out and get on the same page. FFS.

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ya neither do I lol

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,908 posts

Ummm... this is about the 10th time that Kesler and his camp have publicly disagreed with the Canucks on his injury status. That is not so good any way you slice it.

In this particular case, it could just be that Kesler didn't want to let it out of the box in case the team was keeping it secret. A couple of minutes later AV clarified. Like I said, I hope that is the case here.... just painful considering the history between the two... and them using the media to argue their respective sides.

Edited by Provost, 14 February 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#7 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,625 posts

Dat Prankster.

Classic Kes.

Posted Image

#8 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I don't see the controversy. I see people trying to make stuff up on two very non-confrontational quotes. Just because he is medically cleared to play and ready to go doesn't mean he has to be rushed to return. AV is just stating a fact and Kes is just stating that he doesn't know when he will be game ready or when the coach will want him back in the lineup or if they want him to take his time.

There is no trouble between the two here and I don't know why fans and media in Vancouver try so hard to find drama where there is none.

Edited by DooBie604, 14 February 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#9 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Ryan Kesler, Do we really want him? :bigblush:
Posted Image

#10 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#11 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't see the controversy. I see people trying to make stuff up on two very non-confrontational quotes. Just because he is medically cleared to play and ready to go doesn't mean he has to be rushed to return. AV is just stating a fact and Kes is just stating that he doesn't know when he will be game ready or when the coach will want him back in the lineup or if they want him to take his time.

There is no trouble between the two here and I don't know why fans and media in Vancouver try so hard to find drama where there is none.

I think that is a little naive. There is a clear and public history between the two where they have argued using the media regarding his status. Kesler's agent has also publicly disagreed repeatedly with statements that the team has made regarding his client's status. Gilman and MG are on public record on the radio recently about how pissed off they were with Kesler's agent about him spouting off. If you recall the interviews, they were very terse in regards to how the relationship was with Kesler's camp.

It is simply not just a repeated coincidence that it keep cropping up with Kesler and not other players.

In the audio... Kesler sounded really annoyed when asked if he was playing tomorrow. He said "Why would you say that? There is still no timeline" It isn't clear whether he was annoyed at the media question or about the inference that him playing was a done deal.

Lets just hope this was an innocent mis-communication like I said was a possibility and not just a repeat of what we have seen over and over with these guys.

Suggesting that there hasn't been any issue like some of you are is just ridiculous and ignoring PUBLIC statements... not things that are speculation.

#12 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Being medically cleared doesn't mean he will play. It just means he's medically cleared.

No controversy here.

#13 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

What people are finally realizing that AV has lost the room and players have lost respect for AV.
Keslers and other know they need a coach with offensive ideas and why AV needs togo.
They've already devolped the offense as far as they can on their own.

#14 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

I'm not one to stir up controversies. Far from it. I just want to point out the facts:

Vigneault says Kesler is medically cleared and ready to play.

Kesler says it's simply a step and there's no timeline.

Clearly, these sentiments are contradictory. I don't buy the notion that Kesler hasn't heard the final word either. He was just on the ice for practice with the coach. You're trying to tell me there is NO communication? Yeah right. Kesler is completely aware of the reality that he's medically cleared and that AV is ready to put him in the lineup. He's obviously just trying very hard to make a point, likely to AV, by spewing out the "it's just a step, no timeline" BS.

Edited by NuxFan09, 14 February 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#15 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

#16 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Kesler always tries to troll the fans. Remember when he was out for the end of the 2006-07 season, and was supposedly miles away from playing, only to show up for game 1 against Dallas?
Posted Image

#17 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

It is a controversy if you make it a controversy.

It's really only a case of Ryan Kesler not wanting to say he's playing when he hasn't heard anything from the coach yet.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#18 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm not one to stir up controversies. Far from it. I just want to point out the facts:

Vigneault says Kesler is medically cleared and ready to play.

Kesler says it's simply a step and there's no timeline.

Clearly, these sentiments are contradictory. I don't buy the notion that Kesler hasn't heard the final word either. He was just on the ice for practice with the coach. You're trying to tell me there is NO communication? Yeah right. Both are completely aware of the reality. Kesler is just trying to make a point.

I agree, I am not someone who finds conspiracy in everything either (check out my content).

You might be onto something with him just trying to make a point that he is the one in charge of things and not the team. That jives with the tone of his answer if you actually hear the respective audio. It is a lesser problem than him refusing to play and the coach suggesting he is malingering (a la Hodgson back injury)... but there is clearly tension in the relationship that is different than the team and other players.

At best Kesler is just messing around, but that seems a little odd considering the previous ACTUAL issues with communication they have had.

Edited by Provost, 14 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#19 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ummm... this is about the 10th time that Kesler and his camp have publicly disagreed with the Canucks on his injury status. That is not so good any way you slice it.

In this particular case, it could just be that Kesler didn't want to let it out of the box in case the team was keeping it secret. A couple of minutes later AV clarified. Like I said, I hope that is the case here.... just painful considering the history between the two... and them using the media to argue their respective sides.

You say "history between the two" as if they're a former couple trying to decide who gets the dog. Seriously, I know you hope it's just a case of miscommunication, but if that's what you think, why would you bring up the possibility of controversy in the first place?

And obviously there is going to be mis-communication on his injury status, he's the one with the injury and he's the one that decides if he's feeling 100%. But it's nothing more than mis-communication.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 14 February 2013 - 02:30 PM.

/=S=/

#20 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Like there isn't enough to talk about with our great play of late you "fans" have to make something up out of nothing. So sad. Get a grip already.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#21 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#22 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hopefully this impacts the team in the same way our 'goaltending controversy' has. ;)
Posted Image

#23 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

You say "history between the two" as if they're a former couple trying to decide who gets the dog. Seriously, I know you hope it's just a case of miscommunication, but if that's what you think, why would you bring up the possibility of controversy in the first place?

And obviously there is going to be mis-communication on his injury status, he's the one with the injury and he's the one that decides if he's feeling 100%. But it's nothing more than mis-communication.

I didn't said I HOPED that it was miscommunication... that is different.

You guys are being silly suggesting that this is something that I am just inventing and that everything has always been all smiles and roses between the camps.

http://blog.playnow....er-injury-saga/

http://sports.nation...aults-critique/

http://digitaljourna.../article/318001

http://www.vancouver...3518/story.html

http://www.sbnation....-update-canucks

http://www.vanhockey...eault-comments/

Yep.... I am just making up the issues between the two camps. That is just a small Google sampling of the stories out there about their "history"

#24 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I didn't said I HOPED that it was miscommunication... that is different.

You guys are being silly suggesting that this is something that I am just inventing and that everything has always been all smiles and roses between the camps.

http://blog.playnow....er-injury-saga/

http://sports.nation...aults-critique/

http://digitaljourna.../article/318001

http://www.vancouver...3518/story.html

http://www.sbnation....-update-canucks

http://www.vanhockey...eault-comments/

Yep.... I am just making up the issues between the two camps. That is just a small Google sampling of the stories out there about their "history"

These "issues" have also been overblown by, surprise, media! It's not as though these two are mortal enemies.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 14 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

/=S=/

#25 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Big words this season; Lockout, labor dispute, controversy...

And I Vancouver, everything seems to be about controversy these days.

When will we get the Volpatti - Weise controversy; The town ain't big enough for the two of us, who is going to leave!?
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#26 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think that is a little naive. There is a clear and public history between the two where they have argued using the media regarding his status. Kesler's agent has also publicly disagreed repeatedly with statements that the team has made regarding his client's status. Gilman and MG are on public record on the radio recently about how pissed off they were with Kesler's agent about him spouting off. If you recall the interviews, they were very terse in regards to how the relationship was with Kesler's camp.

It is simply not just a repeated coincidence that it keep cropping up with Kesler and not other players.

In the audio... Kesler sounded really annoyed when asked if he was playing tomorrow. He said "Why would you say that? There is still no timeline" It isn't clear whether he was annoyed at the media question or about the inference that him playing was a done deal.

Lets just hope this was an innocent mis-communication like I said was a possibility and not just a repeat of what we have seen over and over with these guys.

Suggesting that there hasn't been any issue like some of you are is just ridiculous and ignoring PUBLIC statements... not things that are speculation.

No where did I say there was never controversy. I said there is no controversy HERE. I know there is a history but those two quotes are not controversial at all.

#27 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

What people are finally realizing that AV has lost the room and players have lost respect for AV.
Keslers and other know they need a coach with offensive ideas and why AV needs togo.
They've already devolped the offense as far as they can on their own.

1) That's your own assumption, not what people are realizing.

2)When AV could have been fired at the end of last season.

“We have a good relationship and, obviously, I like him,” added Kesler.

This is a direct quote so it's a FACT.

#28 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Dale Weise went to Denmark just to try to trump Hansen and steal his spotlight. The media just hasn't caught on yet, but then do, cue the controversy.

It is causing locker room strife, one will have to go.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#29 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Like there isn't enough to talk about with our great play of late you "fans" have to make something up out of nothing. So sad. Get a grip already.

You get a grip. Nobody is creating controversies or making stuff up. The Canucks are doing a good enough job providing the media and fans with these stories. Read the facts I stated above. Nobody is making that up. The coach and player are clearly contradicting eachother and I am not naive enough to believe it's accidental or unintentional because that would mean there is no contact or communication between the two, even when they were both on the ice at practice today and have been for the last several practices.

What I can't stand more are the fans that put their hands over their ears, scream "La la la la la, I can't hear you!" and pretend that everything is peachy in Canuckland. There are issues within the organization that are unfortunately made easily evident to the public. Get over it.

#30 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Cmon people you all know that the Nucks are a very tight lipped organization, no info is every really divulged until it is time . Any other speculation on this is only fanning the flames of bulls.....

tumblr_m9hjp8vrqX1reh8b2o1_250.gif

Once, on vacation,  using only a rake and a pair of sunglasses,

I single-handedly defended a small village in Italy from a colony of angry wasps. :ph34r:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.