The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More Kesler AV controversy?

Provost

Kesler says "no timeline to reteurn" 15 minutes ago... 5 minutes ago AV says "He is cleared and playing"

Audio was put on Team 1040.

I hope this was just Kesler not knowing that it was public knowledge yet and not another mis-communication between the two.

If this is more trouble between the two I think we are getting close to having to make a move so it doesn't become public trouble and we lose value in the asset (like him demanding a trade). O'Reilly and a 1st for Kesler?

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Kesler says "its another step... Still no timeline" but wouldn't completely rule out playing tomorrow night. #canucks

@FarhanLaljiTSN: AV re Kesler, "he's been medically cleared to play... All indications are head ready to go, unless something changes between here & tomorrow

Kesler says "no timeline to reteurn" 15 minutes ago... 5 minutes ago AV says "He is cleared and playing"

Audio was put on Team 1040.

I hope this was just Kesler not knowing that it was public knowledge yet and not another mis-communication between the two.

If this is more trouble between the two I think we are getting close to having to make a move so it doesn't become public trouble and we lose value in the asset (like him demanding a trade). O'Reilly and a 1st for Kesler?

I don't see the controversy. I see people trying to make stuff up on two very non-confrontational quotes. Just because he is medically cleared to play and ready to go doesn't mean he has to be rushed to return. AV is just stating a fact and Kes is just stating that he doesn't know when he will be game ready or when the coach will want him back in the lineup or if they want him to take his time.

There is no trouble between the two here and I don't know why fans and media in Vancouver try so hard to find drama where there is none.

I don't see the controversy. I see people trying to make stuff up on two very non-confrontational quotes. Just because he is medically cleared to play and ready to go doesn't mean he has to be rushed to return. AV is just stating a fact and Kes is just stating that he doesn't know when he will be game ready or when the coach will want him back in the lineup or if they want him to take his time.

There is no trouble between the two here and I don't know why fans and media in Vancouver try so hard to find drama where there is none.

I'm not one to stir up controversies. Far from it. I just want to point out the facts:

Vigneault says Kesler is medically cleared and ready to play.

Kesler says it's simply a step and there's no timeline.

Clearly, these sentiments are contradictory. I don't buy the notion that Kesler hasn't heard the final word either. He was just on the ice for practice with the coach. You're trying to tell me there is NO communication? Yeah right. Kesler is completely aware of the reality that he's medically cleared and that AV is ready to put him in the lineup. He's obviously just trying very hard to make a point, likely to AV, by spewing out the "it's just a step, no timeline" BS.

I'm not one to stir up controversies. Far from it. I just want to point out the facts:

Vigneault says Kesler is medically cleared and ready to play.

Kesler says it's simply a step and there's no timeline.

Clearly, these sentiments are contradictory. I don't buy the notion that Kesler hasn't heard the final word either. He was just on the ice for practice with the coach. You're trying to tell me there is NO communication? Yeah right. Both are completely aware of the reality. Kesler is just trying to make a point.

Ummm... this is about the 10th time that Kesler and his camp have publicly disagreed with the Canucks on his injury status. That is not so good any way you slice it.

In this particular case, it could just be that Kesler didn't want to let it out of the box in case the team was keeping it secret. A couple of minutes later AV clarified. Like I said, I hope that is the case here.... just painful considering the history between the two... and them using the media to argue their respective sides.

Archived