The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the Higgins, Kesler, Kassian Line

Chris_Higgins20

Sounds like a super line to me actually :D Still want kass to be with the twins, but this line could be rolled out for the second PP unit maybe ?

With Mannimal out looks like JS is here to stay, he deserves the spot and will make this team that much better. I was really hard on JS until he showed me my worries were unwarranted. This kid has the goods an we will be seeing him carry the groceries home on a few more nights this year :D

GO NUCKS !

Theoretically it should be a beast line. All three can play a gritty game, and Kassian has enough defensive awareness to be put on a shutdown line like this (although of course it'll be an offensive line but still can be used as one). Offensively it should work. Higgins has the speed and tenacity to get the puck after a dump in (much like Burrows with the Sedins), and with him and Kassian always looking for passing options it should allow Kesler to score a whole bunch of goals. This is all in theory though... I can't wait to see this line in action.

This line will be money, but I think it'll take a few games to get going. Kass has been used as the guy parked in front of the net with the twins, while Higgins has been invisible for stretches of this early season. Kesler has to get his game speed up, but I think 3-4 games from now this line will be dominant, and we will see the emergence of Kassian as a passer on this line.

This line will be money, but I think it'll take a few games to get going. Kass has been used as the guy parked in front of the net with the twins, while Higgins has been invisible for stretches of this early season. Kesler has to get his game speed up, but I think 3-4 games from now this line will be dominant, and we will see the emergence of Kassian as a passer on this line.

On paper this looks like a tough line to play against. Great puck retrieval, good size, great speed, and good work ethic across the line.

Kass will probably end up being the passer on this line, but I would be even more enthused about this if Kesler can remember the year he had 50 assists and 25 goals for 75 points and was a great passer.

Love the line - will be bloody hard to handle, and to score against imo - and also think this is fair game/subject matter for a thread of it's own.

I think Kesler might benefit from an intelligent two way linemate like Higgins, and also from having a pair of wingers who have very good vision, strength on the boards, and pass the puck very well - Kesler could net a few playing with these two.

Is this going to be the third or second line?

If it's the third line I like it, I don't like Higgins on any scoring line. It always fizzles out.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Kesler Kassian - at least Kass can pass

Volpatti Lapierre Wiese

Archived