The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Car jammed at 200 km/h.

WHL rocks

Guest Gumballthechewy

Turn off ignition? Put in neutral? If manual...push in clutch?

(And another damn good reason people should drive manuals)

The best he could of done is shoft into first gear or 1 on a standard, moved his car side to side to create more friction, going up hill of possible, if there were any guard rails he could of grinded along then to create friction (they are pear shaped so only your wheels touch), used e brake if possible, and drove on gravel or dirt if it was there.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Blow the engine? Who gives a damn about the stupid engin. Better blown up engine than me spattered across the French countryside.

In that situation I'm praying the engine blows. ::D

Brakes weren't working anyway...allow you to coast to a stop and/or apply e-brake. There's not much power assist in steering at that speed either. Besides I have little trouble turning wheels with ignition off at a complete stop. Apparently I have the "strength of 10 men" :rolleyes: Sounds to me like you could use some work at the gym.

I've done that before at over 80 km, if your car was running before you still have easy steering. It's only when it's been off for a while, same goes for the brakes

Neutral and apply emergency brakes gradually would of likely been the safest approach. Who cares about the motor the dealer will be paying for it

........Have a difficult time believing any idiot would turn off the ignition.My vehicles range from a 1970 XJ6 to an 1989 & 1996 GMC truck.....My point is, irrelevant of year turn off the ignition and the steering lock activates......instant death !

<p>

<br />

........Have a difficult time believing any idiot would turn off the ignition.My vehicles range from a 1970 XJ6 to an 1989 &amp; 1996 GMC truck.....My point is, irrelevant of year turn off the ignition and the steering lock activates......instant death !

<p>

equally stupid to let the car accelerate to 200kph without any way to slow down. Was there any brakes at all? Could he have downshifted one gear?

better instant death than killing someone else.

in this case, he shouldn't be driving in the first place. Enough idiots on the streets, don't need physically challenged people on the road to add to the carnage.

<p>

equally stupid to let the car accelerate to 200kph without any way to slow down. Was there any brakes at all? Could he have downshifted one gear?

better instant death than killing someone else.

in this case, he shouldn't be driving in the first place. Enough idiots on the streets, don't need physically challenged people on the road to add to the carnage.

Archived