The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Available centres

With the unfortunate Malhotra news, the Canucks are now thin at centre. Kesler's return is timely, but there are still only four centres amidst the regulars, with only Ebbett in reserve. One injury and there is trouble.

I would speculate that Gillis will be trying to acquire another centre by the deadline. Ryan O'Reilly and Brian Boyle are the guys who immediately come to mind, but 28 other teams would be in on those guys. Who might be some other targets?

A left-handed, defensively minded centre would be ideal. With the loss of Malhotra, we no longer have a left-handed centreman to take defensive zone draws.

Trade for MoJo in Lu deal and play him as 3rd line C.

Schroeder is too small to be 3rd line C on a Cup team.The 3rd line C needs to be bigger, actually the whole line Raymond JS Hansen is too small.

Schroeder should be moved to the wing on 2nd line. This way the 2nd line will have a play maker on it.

I think we will only be getting a 4th line centre if we do acquire someone. As it stands right now, our top 3 centres are pretty set and they all contribute. The only reason we'd get a centre is as an insurance policy, our line-up when everyone is healthy is more than stacked

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Trade for MoJo in Lu deal and play him as 3rd line C.

Schroeder is too small to be 3rd line C on a Cup team.The 3rd line C needs to be bigger, actually the whole line Raymond JS Hansen is too small.

Schroeder should be moved to the wing on 2nd line. This way the 2nd line will have a play maker on it.

We're fine.

This lineup looks great to me.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins

Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti, Ebbett.

I really doubted Schroeder at first but kids pretty smart and so far I haven't been disappointed.

We're one injury at center away from catastrophe. Right now we have 3 full-time NHL centers and 2 fringe NHL centers in Schroeder and Ebbett.

Boston won the Cup with 7 NHL centers. L.A won it with 6, and Chicago had plenty on their cup run as well (I think 6). We will not win a cup with 3.

Archived