The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Available centres

Trade for MoJo in Lu deal and play him as 3rd line C.

Schroeder is too small to be 3rd line C on a Cup team.The 3rd line C needs to be bigger, actually the whole line Raymond JS Hansen is too small.

Schroeder should be moved to the wing on 2nd line. This way the 2nd line will have a play maker on it.

With the unfortunate Malhotra news, the Canucks SEEM as though they're weak up the middle. But what people don't realize, is that Jordan Schroeder, Maxim Lapierre and Ryan Kesler are more than capable of filling the holes, on each line. Schroeder has been a decent fit on a second line that has looked somewhat like a revolving door. Speed, playmaking, and a couple goals has led to Schroeder cementing himself in the lineup. With Kesler back, Schroeder can easily play a third line role. This puts Lapierre on the fourth line at C, even though he was generally playing 3rd line minutes with Manny out.

He may be right, we may need to look into other options at centre...but that doesn't make these proposals threads any less repetitive.

Substance enough for ya? Jeezus tapdancing Christ.

I like the idea of acquiring Matthias, in a non Luongo deal. Just to add more depth in case of injury. With Shore playing pretty decent with the Panthers, maybe something along the lines of:

To Vancouver:

Matthias

To Florida:

2013 3rd Round Pick

Florida would still have Weiss, Mueller, Huberdeau, Goc, Smithson, Shore, and Hamill down the middle, with Bjugstad being ready next year. Plus they get a decent pick in a strong draft.

I never want to see Ebbett play another game with the Canucks. He brings nothing to this team - no offence, no defence, he's invisible out there.

Henrik has our #1 spot, Kesler has our #2 spot and Schroeder has taken the #3 spot. If any one of those guys get injured, the other 2 can fill in minutes as proven so far without Kesler.

After that, all we have is Lapierre and Ebbett. We've shown we can fill in an injury to Kesler, but now we don't have Malhotra for that 4th line to fill in, and I am NOT comfortable with Ebbett in our lineup at all.

This team needs to find a 30-40 point pace player or a real giant to play center, but more importantly someone who can play with versatility on the wing as well.

I dont know if he's available, but if Tampa starts losing, Nate Thompson would be a good temporary centerman. He was very good for Tampa in the playoffs 2 season ago, a very underrated utulity player and he's not even making 1m.

Another one would be Mathieu Perreault, I dont think he and Oats are in good terms and wanted more icetime. Maybe MG could get him cheap like a late pick or something.

Wouldn't mind having a go at Jochen Hecht. He's having a bit of an off year with Buffalo, demoted to their 4th line center on a crappy team. Buffalo are last in the conference and have plenty of good young centers like Ennis, Hodgson and Grigorenko so Hecht doesn't have much of a role there.

We could probably pry him off them very cheaply, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick. If they're struggling they might as well go for picks and go through a slight rebuild. They're a very young team right now with Myers as well and should build off that core of young centers and defencemen. Miller might have a resurgence in 3 or 4 years as well, by when this team will have its window. That's where our pick will be invaluable to them.

Hecht meanwhile was a great faceoff guy before this season, and a 0.5 point per game producer in a 3rd line role. He'd be an amazing fit in Vancouver, and can play anywhere in the bottom-6. Perfect replacement for Malhotra, and is probably a better PKer. Here's an amazing playoff roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Hecht

Weise

Volpatti

Say Kesler and Schroeder are injured during the playoffs (likely, one has a history, the other is tiny). Normally we'd be finished, but here's our lineup now:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Lapierre - Booth

Raymond - Hecht - Hansen

Weise - Ebbett/Pinizotto - Volpatti

thing is mookie canucks need to get rid of ebbett hes a waste of a contract and if i really cared the th f uck you thought of my spelling or granmmar is then i guess id spell better hope my grammar pisses you off

sedin kesler schroeder and laps are good centers i dont really think we need another one but higgins is a decent c burrows not o much if we were to pick up more centers steckel would b ok but id rather we had 2 tough dependable fourth liners like parros sobodka boyle

With the unfortunate Malhotra news, the Canucks SEEM as though they're weak up the middle. But what people don't realize, is that Jordan Schroeder, Maxim Lapierre, Ebbett and Ryan Kesler are more than capable of filling the holes, on each line. Schroeder has been a decent fit on a second line that has looked somewhat like a revolving door. Speed, playmaking, and a couple goals has led to Schroeder cementing himself in the lineup. With Kesler back, Schroeder can easily play a third line role. This puts Lapierre on the fourth line at C, even though he was generally playing 3rd line minutes with Manny out. It's not absolutely NECESSARY that we need a left-handed centre to take the defensive zone draws. We haven't had one when Manny has been out of the line-up, what makes it all of a sudden so damn important now? Last I checked, Ebbett is a left handed centre. But I forgot, people in Vancouver are on his ass like everyone else who doesn't perform up to their high and mighty standards, and he's "not good enough".

He may be right, we may need to look into other options at centre down the road...but that doesn't make these proposals threads any less REPETITIVE.

Substance enough for ya? Jeezus tapdancing Christ.

I'd say overpay for Nielsen from the NYI. It would be difficult to acquire him sure, but if we could we would be set.

Plus, I love the idea of having a full Danish line next year. Jensen-Nielsen-Hansen, that is a whole bunch of honey badgers not giving a crap!

Archived