The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks & Maple Leafs

Yeah, I know it's only Ebbett, but throwing in picks and then the '+_________' on top of it?

It's nice to hear about his stats previous years, but have you seen his stats this year?

6gp, 0pts, -1, 5 hits, 7:02min/gm, 41.7f/o%

He's on the Leafs and is not doing well even when they are. Somethings up.

He doesn't though. He just doesn't always use his size effective, he's not always physical enough for his size. There is a reason he is struggling. If he was as physical as you think he wouldn't be a healthy scratch, especially with Carlyle as the coach who loves to be big, mean and phsyical.

I just think there are better options honestly. He is good on faceoffs & has alot of size but not overly impressive anywhere else.

Of the Leafs games I have watched this year (keeping an eye on some goaltending around the league) I don't know if he was playing or not. I've watched at least parts of enough games that I should have seen something worthwhile from him if he had it.

From what Leafs fans are saying, they'd love to dump him on someone, but that's hardly reason for us to pick him up. Granted, if they wanted to swap him straight up for Ebbett, I'd look at it, but not for a heck of a lot more.

From HFBoards:

take him please

Of the Leafs games I have watched this year (keeping an eye on some goaltending around the league) I don't know if he was playing or not. I've watched at least parts of enough games that I should have seen something worthwhile from him if he had it.

From what Leafs fans are saying, they'd love to dump him on someone, but that's hardly reason for us to pick him up. Granted, if they wanted to swap him straight up for Ebbett, I'd look at it, but not for a heck of a lot more.

From HFBoards:

They're either talking like that, or get rid of him for a lower pick, or they're being slightly more realistic and thinking it's a bad idea to get rid of any kind of centre depth (sensible at least) without an overpayment.

Or there's this one:

For all it's worth, he might get waived as players get healthy again.

Archived