The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to slot in Vandermeer RIGHT NOW!

PrimeMinisterBure

My main agreement with the OP is that I do not want kassian to be the go to guy for policing at 22 fighting the likes of any of the leagues heavies...

IMO the Sedins have done an amazing job at handling the usual mugging and continuing to battle through that and put up points. I am confident they have the desire to continue. They are the ultimate team players and good humans. People like the Sedins just get it done and do what it takes.

However I do feel that the cheap shots on them should be responded to immediately....but that's just me.

You're right guys, only the worst teams in the league allow a tough guy to take up a spot on the team's roster. Just look at few of these loser franchises:

San Jose - Clowe

Boston - Thornton

LA - Clifford

NY Rangers - Prust (until just a few months ago)

Detroit - Tootoo

Pittsburgh - Engelland

Philadelphia - Rinaldo

You're right guys, only the worst teams in the league allow a tough guy to take up a spot on the team's roster. Just look at few of these loser franchises:

San Jose - Clowe

Boston - Thornton

LA - Clifford

NY Rangers - Prust (until just a few months ago)

Detroit - Tootoo

Pittsburgh - Engelland

Philadelphia - Rinaldo

They're both light heavyweights. Given choice between the two, I would take Volpatti over Vandermeer six days a week and twice on Sunday. Only advantage of having Vandermeer in the lineup ahead of Volpatti is he gives you the flexibility of moving him to the back end at parts of the game if/when necessary.

Volpatti's an inch shorter and 5 lbs. heavier, so size is a wash when comparing the two. If we were to insert an enforcer into the lineup, Volpatti or Weise would have to be a casualty.

San Jose - Clowe, Burish (had McLaren) now replaced by Pelech,

Boston - Thornton, MacDermid, McQuaid, Lucic, Campbell

LA - Clifford, King, Nolan, Fraser

NY Rangers - Prust (until just a few months ago), Also Rupp until recent trade, Bickel, Asham

Detroit - Tootoo,

Pittsburgh - Engelland, Big Mac (in the minors), Glass

Philadelphia - Rinaldo, Sestito, Shelley, McGinn,

Archived