The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to slot in Vandermeer RIGHT NOW!

PrimeMinisterBure

Seems like all the goon lovers are out today making these total nonsense threads. I'm with Gillis on this one, in my opinion the role of the goon is slowly being phased out of the NHL. I don't understand how this type of player is any deterrent to players taking liberties with star players, other than by jumping some guy who isn't willing to fight, taking an instigator and putting the team short handed. On top of that I don't really see the Sedins getting pushed around in a way that is so serious it would require this type of response. I love when people bring up Gretzky having Semenko...this was what? 1987 sorry but hockey is a completely different game today than it was then and I am glad that the goon is slowly going extinct. I don't watch hockey for fighting and gooning I watch it for speed and skill.

You have absolutely no idea how hockey works. You really think that a player has to literally be beside another at all times to provide protection for another..? So, if a line on which a player that just threw a nasty hit on a Sedin just iced the puck, AV can't throw out the fourth line to pay that player back for his action??? I'm totally mistaken on my entire knowledge of hockey in this case. Thank you for your informative post. Now please return to playing with your mobile and abacus.

Yeah, geat idea, call up a fighter for the that time of the season when fighting almost never happens!! When was it that Daniel received that nasty elbow last year..? That's right just a couple weeks before playoffs, causing the team to lose its best player and essentially killing its hopes for any significant impact in the playoffs. YET ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM ONE OF CDC'S MANY RESIDENT GENIUSES!!

Yeah, geat idea, call up a fighter for the that time of the season when fighting almost never happens!! When was it that Daniel received that nasty elbow last year..? That's right just a couple weeks before playoffs, causing the team to lose its best player and essentially killing its hopes for any significant impact in the playoffs. YET ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM ONE OF CDC'S MANY RESIDENT GENIUSES!!

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

You have absolutely no idea how hockey works. You really think that a player has to literally be beside another at all times to provide protection for another..? So, if a line on which a player that just threw a nasty hit on a Sedin just iced the puck, AV can't throw out the fourth line to pay that player back for his action??? I'm totally mistaken on my entire knowledge of hockey in this case. Thank you for your informative post. Now please return to playing with your mobile and abacus.

And which defenseman would he bump?

Having a goon defenseman in the box for 5 minutes a game doesn't do us any good. It just means that the rest of our D have to play with different partners and play more minutes. Which increases our chance of losing. And the other teams goons will take advantage of this.

If we're gonna get a tough guy, we need to get one that can also play. Vandermeer is not that guy.

Archived