239 replies to this topic

#31 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, geat idea, call up a fighter for the that time of the season when fighting almost never happens!! When was it that Daniel received that nasty elbow last year..? That's right just a couple weeks before playoffs, causing the team to lose its best player and essentially killing its hopes for any significant impact in the playoffs. YET ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM ONE OF CDC'S MANY RESIDENT GENIUSES!!

I don't see how Vandermeer prevents Daniel's injury.

EDIT: and Keith received a 5-game suspension. I thought it should've been longer. But that cost him almost $500k. That's a pretty good deterrent.

Edited by Mookie Wilson, 14 February 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#32 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

i think putting kassian with the sedins whenever a game gets heated is good enough

i hate this argument

the sedins are grown men , and henrik has been throwing hits and pushing players off him lately

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for him. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can't fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

Edited by PrimeMinisterBure, 14 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#33 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

Human skin is waterproof. Drenching a human in water does not increase his or her mass.

#34 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't see how Vandermeer prevents Daniel's injury.

Of course he couldn't have prevented it, genius. Did I suggest he has a time machine? No. But many more players would reconsider doing something like it again if they knew this guy was sitting a few feet away just waiting to do to anyone what he knows best:

#35 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

lol you give Bure a bad name

#36 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

You have absolutely no idea how hockey works. You really think that a player has to literally be beside another at all times to provide protection for another..? So, if a line on which a player that just threw a nasty hit on a Sedin just iced the puck, AV can't throw out the fourth line to pay that player back for his action??? I'm totally mistaken on my entire knowledge of hockey in this case. Thank you for your informative post. Now please return to playing with your mobile and abacus.

Stop being such a condescending tool. Lapierre jumped in after Sedin took the boarding and we ended up short handed, and it cost us a goal. Its not like someone went out there and crippled a Sedin. They are big boys and can handle themsleves. We dont need some pylon the policeman out there trying to get retribution for every hit the Sedins take, and then costing us games because they cant control themselves.

On top of that, the kinds of players that would make those kinds of hits against our star players are generally not on the ice at the same time as the Sedins as they will be made a fool of. Grow the hell up, and then shut the hell up.

#37 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts

And which defenseman would he bump?

Having a goon defenseman in the box for 5 minutes a game doesn't do us any good. It just means that the rest of our D have to play with different partners and play more minutes. Which increases our chance of losing. And the other teams goons will take advantage of this.

If we're gonna get a tough guy, we need to get one that can also play. Vandermeer is not that guy.

Vandermeer can take a spot on the 4th line.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#38 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

I remember Gretzky having Semenko as a linemate from time to time. He couldn't play worth crap but being on the line opened up so much ice for Gretzky and kept opposing teams honest.

For some reason Gillis has refused to budge on this even though the whole league knows the Cancuks are soft.

if the canucks are so soft how do they manage to make the playoffs every year?... and using gretzky as an example is pretty silly - this is the 'new' NHL, and you cant have a goon who can't skate go out there against guys like stamkos or malkin.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#39 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Human skin is waterproof. Drenching a human in water does not increase his or her mass.

Lol touche science...touche

#40 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

i think putting kassian with the sedins whenever a game gets heated is good enough

i hate this argument

the sedins are grown men , and henrik has been throwing hits and pushing players off him lately

Great to see im not the only one that noticed. And they arent bumps (Danny takes care of those.), but full on hits to separate the player from the play.

Kind of a nifty addition to Henke's game. Opposing players probably are so used to him not even trying, so it suprises them.

Probably be a matter of time when that dimension creates even more space for Danny to operate in.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#41 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, no it isn't. You know how sweating causes you to excrete water from what are known as "pores"? Well, water can also enter the body through those things as well. You should check out this activity known as education. It's pretty enlightening!

#42 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well if you actually took time to notice...it is rare that the opposition takes runs or use hitting as a tactic to contain Henrik. Thats not to say he doesnt get hit. He does.

But it is Danny that takes much more of the hitting. Players are much tougher on him.

He doesnt get enough credit for how much punishment he takes compared to Hank.

Posted Image

#43 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Vandermeer can take a spot on the 4th line.

Exactly. I forgot that this is CDC, and most of those posting on here know nothing of players beyond the Canucks current roster and maybe a few other players along the line of Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos. Vandermeer has alternated between playing as a denseman and a forward for years, and if you took a moment to research him you would know this.

#44 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

As much as PMBure feels the need to shout and be angry to be heard, his point is well taken. Is that you, Grapes?

I'm of the thought that we need a bonafide enforcer (I like the looks of that Frazer McLaren kid in Toronto) who we can have riding shot gun and develop as we did with guys like Gino Odjick and Donald Brashear. As much as I don't like Cherry's view on many things, the one thing I agree with is his assertion that enforcers who can contribute in more ways than with their fisticuffs makes everyone on the team 2 to 3" taller and 10 to 20 pounds heavier.

Now back to the angry dude, PMBure...Vandermeer is not the answer...he may be tough as nails, but he's a punching bag and a middleweight in today's NHL.

Matt Kassian just got sent down to the minors by Minnesota, so he might be available...I'd love to see the Canucks try to get Frazer McLaren from Toronto.

#45 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Last time I checked, the only sport where you have 360 pounders is the NFL...you got a letter mixed up there, sh!t for brains.

I agree with your original post, but your proving yourself to be the village idiot.

#46 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well if you actually took time to notice...it is rare that the opposition takes runs or use hitting as a tactic to contain Henrik. Thats not to say he doesnt get hit. He does.

But it is Danny that takes much more of the hitting. Players are much tougher on him.

He doesnt get enough credit for how much punishment he takes compared to Hank.

Yes, let us give credit to all of our star players for how much punishment they need not take but do because they are provided with absolutely no reinforcement. Maybe by the time they retire without any championship rings to their credit, the NHL Awards will have a trophy for them to commemorate all the unnecessary beatings, hits, and roughness they've been forced to endure, as others teams ran over them on their way to the Stanley Cup.

Edited by PrimeMinisterBure, 14 February 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#47 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Last time I checked, the only sport where you have 360 pounders is the NFL...you got a letter mixed up there, sh!t for brains.

I agree with your original post, but your proving yourself to be the village idiot.

Haha, the strongest retort you can supply is an observation made of an obvious exaggeration followed by unnecessary profanity. I would have to say you are the **** for brains in this exchange.

#48 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, no it isn't. You know how sweating causes you to excrete water from what are known as "pores"? Well, water can also enter the body through those things as well. You should check out this activity known as education. It's pretty enlightening!

You obviously failed biology 100. Do you have any concept of osmotic flow? Any understanding of hypertonic/hypontonic relationship of humidity? That is where water in the form of liquid and/or gas (i.e., water vapors) only flows from point of high water density to lower water density. Last time I checked, the humidity in any NHL arena is far less than the 100% humidity that is required for there to be any chance of water flowing from the environment into the body.

Our public school system is really failing us, isn't it? Or are you just a major league 'tard?

I still agree with your original post though, by the way.

EDIT: Sincere apologies to all for using the term "'tard". Was offensive, insensitive and unnecessary. Should not have used it. I'm sorry for this.

Edited by disisdayear, 15 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#49 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Haha, the strongest retort you can supply is an observation made of an obvious exaggeration followed by unnecessary profanity. I would have to say you are the **** for brains in this exchange.

Ohhhhhhhhhh...you were exaggerating. I didn't get that through all the venom you were spewing. There's a ten step program to help out 'tards like you. The profanity fits...do a little flushing every once in awhile. I hear that clears the mind.

Edited by disisdayear, 14 February 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#50 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Wow, kids that have never played hockey have to realize the enforcer is dead doesn't deter anyone from cheapshoting the stars. Especially with the rules these days.

What kind of hockey professional is going to be scared of taking a punch when they can just fall to the ice and the fight is over? You can't just attack whoever you want out of the blue.

Hockey players protect themselves and Vandemeer can't protect the Sedins from the bench. What kind of make believe world do you live in?

Hockey is a physical game and players are targeted all the time. Get used to it wus. Players have to tough it out and fight through it, not cry like you fight boys for someone to go beat them up.

Vandemeer dressing is not going to ensure the Sedins never get checked. Becasue I'm sure all the players on the other team are chickencraps right?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#51 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

+1
Enforcers do nothing but take penalties and cost team PP we don't want that

Skill and tougness win game we have one player, Kassasin who is big, tough, score, hit, and fight

Not exactly true, Donald brashear says hi... he could actually score here and there and wasn't a liability on the ice.. you may be right to some degree but there are exceptions to the rule
HABS SUCK!!!

#52 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

there is no room in the lineup to put him...........Kassasin will play with them against physical team but most of the team it skill vs skill

Kassian? You want a kid to fight a man like Clowe or Lucic? I would hate to see Kassian fights any grown man...he looks like an 19 years old high school kid.

#53 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Kassian is the perfect fit for the Sedins.

Last game Burrows was with the twins, the Sedins were getting headlocked in scrums after the whistle and Burrows was too small to do anything about it - a Wild player would just grab him from behind and stop him.

Later in the game Kassian was out on the ice with the Sedins. Daniel gets decked from behind into the boards and Zack single-handedly starts a melee along the boards.

Other players fear Kassian, no one is scared of the feline Burrows. Sorry but that's what he is - a whinging yapper who is all talk. Kassian is the exact opposite. He's our answer.
Posted Image

#54 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yes, let us give credit to all of our star players for how much punishment they need not take but do because they are provided with absolutely no reinforcement. Maybe by the time they retire without any championship rings to their credit, the NHL Awards will have a trophy for them to commemorate all the unnecessary beatings, hits, and roughness they've been forced to endure, as others teams ran over them on their way to the Stanley Cup.

Id rather see more goals and wins than increased PIM and being constantly tested shorthanded. Which also keeps the Twins off the ice.

Besides Gillis has stated ad-nauseum that the concept of the team doesnt involve enforcer type players...nor continued belligerence from any of the core players.

The team is STILL trying to dog unnecessary penalties for fairer calls.

Your definition of toughness is skewed.

Posted Image

#55 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Exactly. I forgot that this is CDC, and most of those posting on here know nothing of players beyond the Canucks current roster and maybe a few other players along the line of Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos. Vandermeer has alternated between playing as a denseman and a forward for years, and if you took a moment to research him you would know this.

Yep. He sure protected Sid.

Holy crap.

Posted Image

#56 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I remember Gretzky having Semenko as a linemate from time to time. He couldn't play worth crap but being on the line opened up so much ice for Gretzky and kept opposing teams honest.

For some reason Gillis has refused to budge on this even though the whole league knows the Cancuks are soft.

Different era no instigator rule.

#57 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Haven't heard that Chara weighed in at 360 lbs either ;)

Edited by sonoman, 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#58 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

And which defenseman would he bump?

Having a goon defenseman in the box for 5 minutes a game doesn't do us any good. It just means that the rest of our D have to play with different partners and play more minutes. Which increases our chance of losing. And the other teams goons will take advantage of this.

If we're gonna get a tough guy, we need to get one that can also play. Vandermeer is not that guy.

Vandermeer, a goon? Five minutes a game? He's been a 16-20 minute guy and a decent stay-at-home defenceman throughout his career. Fighting is one of the things that Vandermeer that brings to the table, but he's a defenceman first and foremost.

Posted Image

#59 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

people need to realize kassian is the toughest guy is going to be playing with the sedins

even if we slot a guy on the 4th how does he truely help protect them all night playing his 2 minutes if lucky

give it up
Posted Image

#60 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Education is pretty enlightening. Sebum, a waxy material excreted by your dermis (skin) makes it waterproof. Calling people names does not help your argument

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.