The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to slot in Vandermeer RIGHT NOW!

PrimeMinisterBure

You obviously failed biology 100. Do you have any concept of osmotic flow? Any understanding of hypertonic/hypontonic relationship of humidity? That is where water in the form of liquid and/or gas (i.e., water vapors) only flows from point of high water density to lower water density. Last time I checked, the humidity in any NHL arena is far less than the 100% humidity that is required for there to be any chance of water flowing from the environment into the body.

Our public school system is really failing us, isn't it? Or are you just a major league 'tard?

I still agree with your original post though, by the way.

There is absolutely no room for him on our defense. We have the best top 6 defense in the league, and there is no way he is cracking it.

If you think he should play as a forward, then I'm not sure your point. We did have Hordichuck, and his 5 min per game didn't deter anything. Kassian IS a deterrent, and DOES step up when he needs to. He has enough skill to not hurt the Sedins line, and enough size, toughness, and willingness to take on anyone that crosses the line. We most certainly can be without him for 5-10 minutes in a game if it is a result of him providing that protection, and we have a lot of middle weight guys that are willing to step in and fight.

I think you may have forgotten that Vandermeer is a defenseman, but never the less, I don't see your point. It sounds to me like the media has gotten to you, because if you watch the game you'll see we're not getting pushed around more than we push back.

8-2-2 says hi.

OP is 100% right.

Sure, everyone is calling him stupid and that this is nonsense.

I won't bother arguing, I'll just bring this thread up in May when we get pushed (literally) out of the playoffs by a bigger and tougher team YET AGAIN.

NHLer's are all to tough, excellently conditioned, intelligent, and too well trained to be intimidated by goon tactics. That worked in the 80's when players got drunk during the day and still smoked cirgarettes. There is too much cohesion and eyes of the world on the game for cheap crap like that to work.

The game has evolved. For one, there are no Gretzky type weaklings out there anymore, and second you can't just jump players anymore and exact your own retribution. All that happens is that a suspension results.

As much as PMBure feels the need to shout and be angry to be heard, his point is well taken. Is that you, Grapes?

I'm of the thought that we need a bonafide enforcer (I like the looks of that Frazer McLaren kid in Toronto) who we can have riding shot gun and develop as we did with guys like Gino Odjick and Donald Brashear. As much as I don't like Cherry's view on many things, the one thing I agree with is his assertion that enforcers who can contribute in more ways than with their fisticuffs makes everyone on the team 2 to 3" taller and 10 to 20 pounds heavier.

Now back to the angry dude, PMBure...Vandermeer is not the answer...he may be tough as nails, but he's a punching bag and a middleweight in today's NHL.

Matt Kassian just got sent down to the minors by Minnesota, so he might be available...I'd love to see the Canucks try to get Frazer McLaren from Toronto.

Yeah, and I bet every one of them would be so quick to talk about how much they miss Rick Rypien and what he brought to this team. Yet, what he tried to bring to this team was exactly what I'm arguing we need again for the first time in years, which is physical aggression and intimidation brought against those who do the same to our star players. F'ing hypocrites, all of you.

NHLer's are all to tough, excellently conditioned, intelligent, and too well trained to be intimidated by goon tactics. That worked in the 80's when players got drunk during the day and still smoked cirgarettes. There is too much cohesion and eyes of the world on the game for cheap crap like that to work.

The game has evolved. For one, there are no Gretzky type weaklings out there anymore, and second you can't just jump players anymore and exact your own retribution. All that happens is that a suspension results.

Yeah, and I bet every one of them would be so quick to talk about how much they miss Rick Rypien and what he brought to this team. Yet, what he tried to bring to this team was exactly what I'm arguing we need again for the first time in years, which is physical aggression and intimidation brought against those who do the same to our star players. F'ing hypocrites, all of you.

So why would you care if Vandermeer were to jump some player who took a run at one of the Sedins? You seem to think low enough of him as to suggest that missing him from the lineup wouldn't impact the team's play at all, and the only other result of him "jumping" that other player would be that others would think twice about doing the same thing again.

Guh, I'm tired of arguing with you and this other dude over two points about human skin that are both perfectly correct. Yes, human skin has the ability to act in what you call a "waterproof" fashion. If it didn't, we'd all be swelling like sponges. But it also A-B-S-O-R-B-S liquids at times as well. For example, when water contacts the skin, it travels away from areas with low salt concentration and toward areas with high salt concentration. Thus, if you are swimming in a fresh water lake, for example, it is likely that you will emerge slightly heavier than when you went in, even if you didn't swallow any of it -- GO FIGURE!! On the other hand, if your are extremely well hydrated and you enter a very salty pool of water, water will be drawn out of your pores and you will leave slightly lighter--even if you didn't pee in it!! So there you go.

So why would you care if Vandermeer were to jump some player who took a run at one of the Sedins? You seem to think low enough of him as to suggest that missing him from the lineup wouldn't impact the team's play at all, and the only other result of him "jumping" that other player would be that others would think twice about doing the same thing again.

There is absolutely no room for him on our defense. We have the best top 6 defense in the league, and there is no way he is cracking it.

If you think he should play as a forward, then I'm not sure your point. We did have Hordichuck, and his 5 min per game didn't deter anything. Kassian IS a deterrent, and DOES step up when he needs to. He has enough skill to not hurt the Sedins line, and enough size, toughness, and willingness to take on anyone that crosses the line. We most certainly can be without him for 5-10 minutes in a game if it is a result of him providing that protection, and we have a lot of middle weight guys that are willing to step in and fight.

I think you may have forgotten that Vandermeer is a defenseman, but never the less, I don't see your point. It sounds to me like the media has gotten to you, because if you watch the game you'll see we're not getting pushed around more than we push back.

8-2-2 says hi.

Archived