The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Setoguchi could be dealt

Ilya Mikheyev

Anyhow, as much as I like Setoguchi and how good he could be for our team, I have a feeling that we can't fit him on our lines where we could allow him to succeed.

I am going to take a very unconventional approach and say that our roster is fine as it is. Really - besides needlessly tinkering with the third or fourth line, could it really give us more of an edge than what we have now?

MAYBE we could do with a centre who can win draws though... LH preferably.

Why do we move a player that really hasn't been able to prove his worth yet? Not saying people are going all NHL13 on this proposal, but with salary cap and all, you just don't make trades for the fun of it and not see the deal through.

David Booth has been here for just over 50 games last year and thats it. Why move him for a guy that has had declining stats for the past 6 years (this one counting), both in goals and points? Seto has some upside and potential in his pocket, but why not look at Booth first. We gave up a good player for him in Samuelsson (and dumped Sturm, thank God). He's a 30-goal man too and here already, gotten used to the way we work, getting ready to make an impact when he gets healthy and his legs back after the injury.

That's why it's a no...

Archived