Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

alberts trade +1

Proposal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

to Ottawa: Andrew Alberts
to Van: 4th round pick

to Columbus: Yann Sauve, 4th round pick
to Van: Colton Gillies

Canucks don't really need Alberts with Vandermeer and Joslin, Ottawa need some depth on defence.
Columbus is obviously rebuilding and want all the picks they can get, Colton Gillies would be a 4th line center, when Kesler comes back he would be there for depth.

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Alberts >>> Joslin

zackass.png

#3 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

Can never have too much depth on D and I feel like we are giving up too much on that Gillies trade.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#4 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

While I still see Ottawa "trying" for the rest of the season. With their top 2 players out now (Spezza is out another4 weeks) I just don't see them trying to compensate and will probably write off this shortened season.

While they are close to the floor as it is.. They do have some youth that could take charge in this shortened season, and they also have some UFA's that could add some picks if need be (Alfy, Gonchar, Latendresse)

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Lokitionov was traded for a 5th, I doubt Alberts could get a 4th.

Edited by -Trapped In CDC-, 15 February 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,583 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Alberts is hardly the upgrade a team with needs for defence (like Ottawa or Detroit) is looking for. Having said that, I'm much more comfortable with him as our 7th/8th guy than I would be with Joslin, who is generally terrible. Vandermeer has his pros, but I don't expect a lot out of Barker and would rather keep some depth.

If Detroit or Ottawa go after someone, it's someone they think can step up into a top 4 role and help them make the playoffs, not someone who will be only a little better than someone they could call up from the AHL or sign as a UFA. Ballard is someone like that, as would be a young player like Despres in Pittsburgh, Savard in Columbus, or Oleksiak in Dallas. Those are the types of players they'd go after, not just a cheap depth guy.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#7 canucks1417

canucks1417

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

doesnt really do much and its good to have lots of D

#8 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

we dont need a 4th line center. we have lappy. lappy>gillies. and Alberts would be traded for a 6th or 7th rounder. if anything. its cant hurt to keep him here until his contract expires next season. our d-depth is very good. no need to screw with it
RIP rick
Sig too big.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.