#1 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

POPULAR

every canuck fan is extremely sadden by yesterdays news about malhorta. he was a great leader on and off the ice. obviously his continuing fight to regain his health back caused him to sit out for the rest of the year. so for the fans that are going to tomorrow nights game, between the intro of the canucks and the national anthems please cheer "MANNY, MANNY, MANNY, MANNY" as tribute to a great hard working and determined individual!!!! goodluck manny and hope you get better

#2 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

POPULAR

strong triple thread

#3 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Hopefully fans actually do this. I'd love to see him drop the cermonial faceoff.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#4 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I'm not going to the game, but I do hope the fans offer some of my appreciation of Manny by proxy. Make me proud Vancouver!
Posted Image

#5 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Good idea.

RIP LB RR PD

#6 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

I was like "wtf three threads, what's wrong with you dude", but then you actually redeemed yourself with a good idea.

#7 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Picked up tickets last night, I'll be sure to celebrate Manny!
Posted Image

#8 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Will be very surprised if the snobs at the Rog allow this to happen. It is a great idea though.
Posted Image

#9 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

every canuck fan is extremely sadden by yesterdays news about malhorta. he was a great leader on and off the ice. obviously his continuing fight to regain his health back caused him to sit out for the rest of the year. so for the fans that are going to tomorrow nights game, between the intro of the canucks and the national anthems please cheer "MANNY, MANNY, MANNY, MANNY" as tribute to a great hard working and determined individual!!!! goodluck manny and hope you get better

In. I'm in a suite tonight so I'll get them to do it.My son and his girlfriend are in my seats and he is aboard.
Posted Image

#10 burrowsalex14

burrowsalex14

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

ppl seemed to hate him when he was playing
now because he is in injured and can't play anymore ppl seems to feel sympathetic for the guy.
everyone is a hypocrite...

#11 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

now because he is in injured and can't play anymore ppl seems to feel sympathetic for the guy.

lol everyone is a hypocrite? What does Mannys play of late have to do with the fact that his career may be over? And why do you think that those who criticize Mannys play would be hypocritical by feeling sympathy for his injury? Even if that were the case, how do you know that the same people who have been on Mannys back lately are in here expressing sympathy?? Jeeesh. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#12 cool story bro

cool story bro

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hopefully fans actually do this. I'd love to see him drop the cermonial faceoff.

Manny is so good at faceoffs, he could drop the puck and win the faceoff all in the same motion--without a stick or gear
Posted Image

#13 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Sort of how Rypien became a "great player" after he died.

#14 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Cool

Posted Image

#15 Epicentre

Epicentre

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Don't be an idiot. We all respected the heart that rypien brought to his game. I loved the guy just for his heart and effort.

Same goes for Manny. They don't need to be the best player to be respected and remembered.

#16 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yes everyone... everyone hated Manny when he was playing, except for you, you are the only person that ever sang his praise. We are all hypocrites!! You are probably the only real Canucks fan there is.

BTW Awesome 2nd post man!!! My prediction is you're going to fit in real well here on CDC. I hope all your future posts will be enthralling, revealing and intriguing as this one is. Your post is so amazing I think I am going to go back and read it again right now!
Posted Image

#17 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

If the Canucks win the Cup this season, they should just walk the Stanley Cup out with Manny sitting in the bowl.

Edited by AllHailSmyl, 15 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#18 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Manny was a great leader and faceoff man. If you rated him based on goals and assists then he wouldn't compare to most 3rd/4th line players. He adapted his game to be a solid depth player that you could throw on most teams checking lines.

Rick Rypien was not a great player. He was a great fighter and had flashes of skill now and then when he wasn't parked in the penalty box. It's sad what happened to him and it's great that they remember him and use his name for mental illness awareness, but he wasn't a great player.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#19 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yes but be careful not to be thrown out by our OVER SENSITIVE security guards.......
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

#20 hockeyaddict123

hockeyaddict123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I was a huge Rypien fan before his passing and i know alot of people who were too, and still are today. He brought great energy into every shift he played, and he was an awesome fighter...took down some of the biggest guys.

#21 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

This would be epic. I would if i was going.
Posted Image

#22 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I was someone who was saying Mannys play has declined, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great person and a well respected man in the dressing room. He means a lot to this organization and this city not because of his skill, but because he's a class act and an extremely hard worker.

You really think people ''hated'' Malhotra when he was playing? Seriously? You could not be more wrong. People could see he wasn't the same player, but never have i ever read or heard of anyone saying they hated the guy. Don't be an idiot.
Posted Image

#23 jamadian33

jamadian33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Has anyone ever hated Manny? That is ridiculous. The guy is Trevor Linden quality.

#24 Dustin77

Dustin77

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

While I cant go to the game, me and my buddies will be cheering at home for sure, great idea.

I think we will do a couple of jeiger bombs as a salute as well.

Good excuse and it keeps the wife off my back!
LORD STANLEYS MUG WANTS TO BE IN VANCOUVER BC 2012/13

#25 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I was like "wtf three threads, what's wrong with you dude", but then you actually redeemed yourself with a good idea.

thanks for the good comment I appreciate it

#26 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

BTW Awesome 2nd post man!!! My prediction is you're going to fit in real well here on CDC. I hope all your future posts will be enthralling, revealing and intriguing as this one is. Your post is so amazing I think I am going to go back and read it again right now!

thank you for the kind words my follow Canuck fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.