The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Manny out, #40 will have a very large role

406281dylan

First of all I would just like to give my respect to Manny Malhotra who I consider a true Canuck and a great proffesional on and off the ice. As we all know Manny is a saint in the faceoff circle for us and he is very solid on d. With Kesler back in to action we should be ok on the left side of the faceoffs. But someone who will be called upon to play a much larger defensive role is Maxim lapierre. Unfortunatly he does not have what u can say great wingers by his side (weise,volpatti) but they will wreck people in the hitting and agression game. Maxim is emerging in to a leader for us and i think that especially when Booth returns from injury, he will be given either higgins or hansen on his line which is amazing. In my opinion we will look like a better Canucks team then we did during cup year. I think that the Nucks will most likely give Lapierre Higgins as they have instant chemistry i also think that when higgins is on the fourth line we will be roling both the third and fourth line just as much.

Anyways getting to the point I am confident that with Manny out Lapierre will kill it and be a great replacement, this will be a hell of a year and hopefully this will give us the motivation to win the Stanley Cup.

Lapierre will get an upgrade in wingers due to Keslers return. By upgrade I mean from Ebbett.

Sedin Sedin Kassian/Burrows

Raymond/Higgins Kesler Kassian/Burrows

Raymond/Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Volpatti Lappierre Weise

Higgins will replace Volpatti or Weise once Booth returns

Weise and Vopatti are underrated 4th liners on this forum.

Lapierre looks stronger and more confident this year, he also seems to be handling the puck a lot better, all in all, a lot of improvement.

Aside from this, I'm thinking number 45 will also have a very large role.

When the team is healthy, baring no moves, the 4th line could be Higgins - Lapierre - Weise/Volpatti

I'd say the Canucks should upgrade that RW position, and have Volpatti as the 13th forward...

Imagine a 4th line of something like Higgins - Lapierre - Torres or something. High energy, offensive potential.

Torres - Lapierre - Hansen was one hell of a shutdown/checking line for us. It's good that his role will expand but we still need a solid shutdown left-handed centreman who is good on the dot -- we can't have Hank out there taking all the left side defensive draws.

Torres - Lapierre - Hansen was one hell of a shutdown/checking line for us. It's good that his role will expand but we still need a solid shutdown left-handed centreman who is good on the dot -- we can't have Hank out there taking all the left side defensive draws.

Lappy is going to take almost all the defensive zone draws I imagine, at least until Kesler gets back to full form and can help out. We shouldn't have Henrik do any unless it's an emergency..

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Ebbett on the 4th line along with Lappy some of the time, just in case he gets waved out, we'll still have a center there.. Especially since it seems the refs are waving everyone out this year, and I wouldn't want Weise or Volpatti taking a face off in our zone...

Everyone's worried about the softness of our 3rd line, but they haven't really been tested yet, by a big mean team so we have to wait and see how they respond. Hansen isn't soft and schroeder gives his all in the corners as we saw form the GWG last game. Maybe you can throw higgins on that line, but then the mayray JS combo is separated.... I am willing to give them the oppertunity to play together in those situations before we start writing them off for the inability to play in physical games. Don't forget we have two other guys on the ice with them!

Archived