The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - COL

To COL

D.Booth

B.Sweatt

To VAN

R.O'Reilly

IMO O'Reilly is an intriguing trade option. He is younger and brings more grit and two way play to the table than Booth so there would be some upgrade there, and can also play centre when need be.

I'd be alright with this IF the Canucks can re-sign O'Reilly for between 4-4.5 mil/per for 3 or 4 years.

But I'm not only doubtful that the Canucks would be able to sign O'Reilly to that above stated contract figure, but also doubtful tha the AVs would accept to deal him to us for Booth and Sweat. Might have to throw a 3rd round pick in there as well to make it a little more enticing for them.

I'm sure there are few other teams that could put together a better package deal than this for O'Reilly.

Would you trade Booth and Sweatt to COL for O'Reilly?

O'Reilly is already a stand out two-way player and other teams are going to offer much better deals than Booth, Sweatt and a 3rd rounder. Not to mention that the asking price would be higher for a division rival.

We would have to overpay, something along the lines of Booth and Higgins is my guess. Which I would do if we can sign him to a similar contract as Burrows, maybe more length.

:picard: PEOPLE!!!! O'Reilly is not coming to Vancouver, unless he signs with them when he is a UFA. There is no way Colorado is trading him to the Canucks for that package or almost any other package the Canucks would be willing to offer.

If you want Sherman to consider it you will have to start with something like this:

Kassian

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

Or if you're not willing to propose Kassian then:

Jensen

Gaunce

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Or if you have some incriminating evidence against Sherman and are willing to blackmail him:

Booth

Sweatt

:picard: PEOPLE!!!! O'Reilly is not coming to Vancouver, unless he signs with them when he is a UFA. There is no way Colorado is trading him to the Canucks for that package or almost any other package the Canucks would be willing to offer.

If you want Sherman to consider it you will have to start with something like this:

Kassian

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

Jensen

Gaunce

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Or if you have some incriminating evidence against Sherman and are willing to blackmail him:

Booth

Sweatt

Kassian

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

Jensen

Gaunce

Schroeder

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Booth

Sweatt

I am giving examples of what types of things get divisional gms on the phone to get players that you want. Did I say he was gretzky or worth that or the only piece coming back? Something has to peak Sherman's interest... either way all I am saying is it's not happening. So before you jump to conclusions like I am saying O'Reilly is Gretzky read what I'm saying K? K.

Booth

Gaunce

1st

that would do it I think.

Booth can put up some big numbers. (Plus with his lifestyle and ethics, would thoroughly enjoy Colorado.)

Gaunce has developed well since his selection in the draft.

A late 1st in this deep of a draft coming up is a 1st non-the-less.

If that was not enough for O'Rielly, I would not want him. Just my opinion though.

Booth

Gaunce

1st

that would do it I think.

Booth can put up some big numbers. (Plus with his lifestyle and ethics, would thoroughly enjoy Colorado.)

Gaunce has developed well since his selection in the draft.

A late 1st in this deep of a draft coming up is a 1st non-the-less.

If that was not enough for O'Rielly, I would not want him. Just my opinion though.

I'd love to have a guy like O'Reilly but we would need to give up a lot more for him then other teams since we're in the same division as Colorado. I'm sure the Avs would want some young talent in return that would grow with their current young core and also players who are cheap financially. Why would they take Booth and pay him $4.25M if they aren't willing to give that to O'Reilly? I'd say we'd have to do something like this:

To Van:

Ryan O'Reilly

To Col:

Schroeder

Connauton

Sauve

2nd rd pick

I am giving examples of what types of things get divisional gms on the phone to get players that you want. Did I say he was gretzky or worth that or the only piece coming back? Something has to peak Sherman's interest... either way all I am saying is it's not happening. So before you jump to conclusions like I am saying O'Reilly is Gretzky read what I'm saying K? K.

Archived