8 replies to this topic

#1 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

The last time I took my kid to a game, she wanted to leave at the 2nd intermission.
Now she's asking again to go. Is it easy to get discounted tickets in front of the arena after the first period has started? She doesn't enjoy hockey but I think she just wants the experience to go to the arena. Is it safe buying from the scalpers outside?

#2 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ive gotten tickets from scalpers a few times. Even traded in 2 for 1 once. Never had a bad experience & yea u will see the prices go down after puck drop. But you'll miss the light show and oh Canada! Maybe you can play on a scalpers soft heart and tell him your kids never seen a game.
Posted Image

#3 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

The last time I took my kid to a game, she wanted to leave at the 2nd intermission.
Now she's asking again to go. Is it easy to get discounted tickets in front of the arena after the first period has started? She doesn't enjoy hockey but I think she just wants the experience to go to the arena. Is it safe buying from the scalpers outside?

Sometimes you can get a good deal. Ask outside on the bottom concourse for Ken or Big Mike. Both very reputable. I sell them my tickets when I can't use them and no friends or family don't want them. It doesn't happen often but these are the guys to deal with.
Posted Image

#4 lestwest49

lestwest49

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sometimes you can get a good deal. Ask outside on the bottom concourse for Ken or Big Mike. Both very reputable. I sell them my tickets when I can't use them and no friends or family don't want them. It doesn't happen often but these are the guys to deal with.

Is that you Ken or Big Mike?? :P , haha just kidding. But yes, good question. I would be curious to know.

#5 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Where's the bottom concourse? Do you mean in front of the entrance to the Team Store? Or by the old Chevy pickup window?

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I've bought tickets off a scalper once. Friend lost his ticket on the way down for the game so we needed a quick fix. Scalpers outside the Rog seem to be reputable, from my limited experience and from what I've heard. Although I don't have the first-hand experience to say so with absolute certainty.

/=S=/

#7 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,351 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Never had a problem with the scalpers by the skytrain entrance and near the ticket windows.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#8 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

This is a pretty phenomenal idea. Tickets are way too expensive, but I'm willing to miss a period if you get a decent deal.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#9 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Dont know about vancouver (they always sell out) but in ottawa i would get tickets for almost half off during the middle of the game. These were nosebleed seats but for the experience it doesnt matter. Only did this twice so it could be a nobody game .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.