Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

dont really know what we have in a team.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

im sitting here looking at our record 8-2-2 and thinking it looks great but what do we really have in a team? next few games could be the hardest stretch of games we have in a long time (even thou its not that tough) our next 6 games are vs teams currently in a playoff spot. right now 6 of our 8 wins came vs our diviision (almost worst in the league) none of them in a playoff spot . after our next 6 games "the hard stretch" the rest of our schedual currently 19 games vs teams not in a playoff spot and 11 games vs teams that are in as of now... march is staggering 12 games vs non playoff teams and 4 vs playoff teams. could the lack of competition be a factor going into the playoffs for the canucls?

#2 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Do you need a blankie?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#3 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

im sitting here looking at our record 8-2-2 and thinking it looks great but what do we really have in a team? next few games could be the hardest stretch of games we have in a long time (even thou its not that tough) our next 6 games are vs teams currently in a playoff spot. right now 6 of our 8 wins came vs our diviision (almost worst in the league) none of them in a playoff spot . after our next 6 games "the hard stretch" the rest of our schedual currently 19 games vs teams not in a playoff spot and 11 games vs teams that are in as of now... march is staggering 12 games vs non playoff teams and 4 vs playoff teams. could the lack of competition be a factor going into the playoffs for the canucls?

The way the NHL is these days, every team is competitive, from top to bottom. Just because the standings don't say these are tough games, they are.

The Canucks will be fine.

/=S=/

#5 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I honestly don't understand what you're saying.. What we have in a team?? What does that mean?

#6 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

You make a good point, it's been obvious the Canucks have been reaping the benefits of playing in a weak division. I think these games against St Louis, Detroit and Chicago will say a lot about this team.

From my perspective, what i see is a team that has a lot of speed, excellent goaltending and a good defense that has the capability to add a lot of scoring. Our forwards are hard to judge as we haven't really seen what our healthy top 6 looks like, but on paper it looks stacked.

All in all i believe this team has the ability to raise their game against very tough teams, and I'm not too worried.

EDIT: I really don't understand why these posters are making fun of this thread, I've seen terrible threads that warrant that kind of response but this guy raises a good question, grow up.

Edited by westcoast604, 15 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

#7 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#8 forsaken_canuck

forsaken_canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Rather than sitting there looking at the 8-2-2 record and worrying above the competition level you may want to think about:

Capitalization
Apostrophes
Commas
Letter spacing
Spelling
Periods (the ones that end sentences)

This effort would go a long way towards people assuming your reading-writing comprehension skills are above that of a 4th grader.
Posted Image

#9 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

You make a good point, it's been obvious the Canucks have been reaping the benefits of playing in a weak division. I think these games against St Louis, Detroit and Chicago will say a lot about this team.

From my perspective, what i see is a team that has a lot of speed, excellent goaltending and a good defense that has the capability to add a lot of scoring. Our forwards are hard to judge as we haven't really seen what our healthy top 6 looks like, but on paper it looks stacked.

All in all i believe this team has the ability to raise their game against very tough teams, and I'm not too worried.

EDIT: I really don't understand why these posters are making fun of this thread, I've seen terrible threads that warrant that kind of response but this guy raises a good question, grow up.

They are making fun of this thread (and the OP's english skills, lol) because they think that any thread about the Canucks that is not sweetness and light is the work of a "hater", "bandwagoner" or worse. They are the pathetic cheerleaders that like to think of themselves as the only "true Canuck fans", the whiners that blame every loss or setback on the refs, the evil Bruins/Hawks/whoever just beat us, or the evil Bettman/NHL anti- Canuck conspiracy who decree that every hit on a Sedin is a "cheapshot" and that every Canuck cheap shot is a "hockey play" even if it garners a suspension. I think this thread is spot on. P,S. How's MY grammar forsaken canuck? Does it come up to your stringent standard?

Edited by thema, 15 February 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#10 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

we will be fine , I am sure that other team has played a lot of "weak teams as well"

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 15 February 2013 - 04:22 PM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#11 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

WE HAVEN'T WON AS CONVINCINGLY AS WE SHOULD HAVE AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO FAIL!!!
I'm sure the coaching staff realizes that the season is only 11 games in and they can't just write off the rest of the season.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#12 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

He makes a good point guys. Remember our stretch post-Boston last year? We kept winning, but you knew we were done come playoff time. He's worried about the lack of competition. That could be a factor. We can't just ride our goaltending to another President's Trophy.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#13 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

While those other teams/divisions you speak of are beating each other up on a nightly basis, we'll swoop in to feed on their bones as we'll be fairly rested and in good shape (according to your theory, no?). Saving our best for last, don't even worry about it. I don't believe in monsters under the bed or scary teams...we've had a push back and that's all we need. I think some here give other teams too much credit at times...they're not super heroes. We're dragon slayers anyhow, remember?

Posted Image

#14 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

this team is 8-2-2 without a 2nd line, who should be worried is the 8 teams we beat handily.

#15 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

He makes a good point guys. Remember our stretch post-Boston last year? We kept winning, but you knew we were done come playoff time. He's worried about the lack of competition. That could be a factor. We can't just ride our goaltending to another President's Trophy.

i understand that but cmon man ,make this thread with 12 games left , not 12 games into the season with a 8-2-2 record , with 4 lines we can roll , and 3 defensive pairings that can play against anyone
Posted Image

#16 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I haven't looked at the schedule as far as you have, though it seems we could clench the division as early as mid-March. In terms of vs. playoff teams, we've handed Chicago one of their few losses, on top of a convincing win over Anaheim in their home opener. The only convincing loss was against SJ in their building. You're right to an extent that these next few games will be a litmus test. I'm however not worried, especially with how dominant this team is as of late.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#17 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Rather than sitting there looking at the 8-2-2 record and worrying above the competition level you may want to think about:

Capitalization
Apostrophes
Commas
Letter spacing
Spelling

This effort would go a long way towards people assuming your reading-writing comprehension skills are above that of a 4th grader.

It's like you have sand in your nether regions, and there's no source of water around
Posted Image

#18 Dustin77

Dustin77

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

What we have in a team is currently 1st in our division (with a 4pt lead), 3rd overall in the Western Conference and 5th overall in the entire league. All this has been accomplished without arguably 2 of our best top 6 forwards out of the line-up in Kesler and Booth. We have had arguably the best goaltending in the league and for sure the best tandem hands down. We have an improved Zack Kassian who has shown that he belongs in the top 6 and deserved his opportunity with the Sedins for a stretch. We have a rookie center in Jordan Schroeder who has proved that he belongs on this team and can fill the 3rd line center role currently and did a remarkable job filling in on the 2nd with the Kesler injury. We also have the emergence of Tanev and Ballard as an excellent 3rd pairing on defense with them playing their highest minutes per game ever. Add to that the fact that we havent had any injuries on defence and we are golden so far. But we also have the depth in Alberts, Barker and Vandemeer should anything happen. About the only negative so far has been the news about Manny.

I agree with you, the Canucks have some tough opposition here over the next stretch, but as other posters haved stated in the new NHL now every team is a test.

No need to panic. What we have seen from the Canucks so far is only a sign of the things to come. This team is one of the best in the league over the past few years and will continue to do so this year no matter who the opponent is or how many games in a row come against elite NHL teams.

What we have in a team is another year as a solid Cup Contender.
LORD STANLEYS MUG WANTS TO BE IN VANCOUVER BC 2012/13

#19 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Our schedule doesn't seem very competitive, but we would probably wreck any division in the league so not really a big deal.

#20 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

What we have in a team is another year as a solid Cup Contender.

there is your answer
Posted Image

#21 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

[size=4]
i understand that but cmon man ,make this thread with 12 games left , not 12 games into the season with a 8-2-2 record , with 4 lines we can roll , and 3 defensive pairings that can play against anyone

There's nothing wrong with discussing what our situation may be like with 12 games to go.

He's just saying that we have only won 2 games 12 games against teams outside our division, and he is interested in seeing how we do down the stretch against better teams. It's a reasonable discussion to have. Will this team get complacent down the stretch again? It's a question the team hasn't had to answer, and probably won't because everyone will be concerned with the 2 people who didn't fade down the stretch last year.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#22 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

sorry about the grammer. im not writing a thesis , its a quick post. most people who complain about the grammer just dont like the post and dont have anything to argue against it. the question being asked was somewhat related to last year.. how we scrapped by bad teams into the playoffs . real fans knew we were in trouble.. blind fans just keep saying a win is a win, and then were shocked when we get ran over by a playoff team.

#23 PONCHE

PONCHE

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

this team is 8-2-2 without a 2nd line, who should be worried is the 8 teams we beat handily.

Posted Image

#24 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Don't worry I'm sure mum will tell you a goodnight story if they lose the next few
Posted Image

#25 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

If we loose to many games, fans think we suck
If we win to many games, fans think we suck and question our team

:picard:

Posted Image

#26 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Capitalization
Apostrophes
Commas
Letter spacing
Spelling

I knew Bertuzzi Babe had some dupe accounts.

Anyways, I too have been looking at the schedule and our play and I for one am very excited.
Detroit has been playing mediocre at best, Howard is falling apart without his big name defense in front of him.
St.Lois has started to fall apart and will easily crumble under our forecheck. They will be a good team, but no threat against us for the next couple seasons.
Chicago NEEDS to play against us as we are the only team that seems to be able to shut down their offense. If it was up to me we would play Chicago every other game so that we can keep their wins in check.
Nashville has great goaltending but no offense at all, and there is no way they can beat us if they can only score one goal a game.
Dallas has had some amazing performances by Lethonen and Jagr, but have been very inconsistent and are no threat in the polayoffs or the regular season.
Edmonton is definately looking like a new team as their young stars are developing nicely. Dubnyk, although vastly improved, is not in contender form and although they may steal a couple points, are no real threat to the nucks.
Anaheim has been inconsistent but are deciviously dangerous. I think they may have a great playoff run as long as they play hard and play like they want it. I think they will make it to the 3rd round. But once again not a sustained threat to the Canucks.
San Jose is a regular season threat every year, but they seem to have more fire this year then usual. If any team is a serious problem to Vancouver, its the Sharks. Very high offense. Our only hope is too learn how to capitalize on our PP and hope our goaltenders stand on their heads. I do think their history in the playoffs will work against them, and they me be upset in the first couple rounds as is their style.
Calgary, Minnesota, Columbus, Colorado, LA and Phoenix will just be point farms for us.
The East is shaping up to be interesting, but they do appear weaker over all. I would be very surprised to see an Eastern team win it this year.

So OP in a way I guess I agree with you. If through some unforseen change in point standings we were to face San Jose in the first round, I could see us losing for sure. But if we meet them much further down the series, we will be better prepared. Having our players prepared for games has always been AV's weak point. Of course this is all based on my opinions, a 12 game sample size, decades of being a hockey fan, and assuming no one else goes on the IR, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

#27 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

They are making fun of this thread (and the OP's english skills, lol) because they think that any thread about the Canucks that is not sweetness and light is the work of a "hater", "bandwagoner" or worse. They are the pathetic cheerleaders that like to think of themselves as the only "true Canuck fans", the whiners that blame every loss or setback on the refs, the evil Bruins/Hawks/whoever just beat us, or the evil Bettman/NHL anti- Canuck conspiracy who decree that every hit on a Sedin is a "cheapshot" and that every Canuck cheap shot is a "hockey play" even if it garners a suspension. I think this thread is spot on. P,S. How's MY grammar forsaken canuck? Does it come up to your stringent standard?

Pathetic is such an all-encompassing word .. your ethos is showing ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#28 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I have been wondering the same thing. We are where we are in large part because we are in a weak division. That is not to say that the Canucks will not be up with the other teams in the hunt but it does mean that they are not being tested by teams that can challenge them for the most part of the regular season. For this reason, I don't like the new allignment proposals where Vancouver will play all season in a weak division and then have to find that 'next gear' in the playoffs.
We will see what we have when we have to face Chicago and St Louis etc.

#29 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

This team is built for a run at the Presidents Trophy , not the Cup, need more sandpaper.Game is savage come playoff time.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#30 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Noheart, 15 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.