The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

dont really know what we have in a team.

chrisbanks

im sitting here looking at our record 8-2-2 and thinking it looks great but what do we really have in a team? next few games could be the hardest stretch of games we have in a long time (even thou its not that tough) our next 6 games are vs teams currently in a playoff spot. right now 6 of our 8 wins came vs our diviision (almost worst in the league) none of them in a playoff spot . after our next 6 games "the hard stretch" the rest of our schedual currently 19 games vs teams not in a playoff spot and 11 games vs teams that are in as of now... march is staggering 12 games vs non playoff teams and 4 vs playoff teams. could the lack of competition be a factor going into the playoffs for the canucls?

im sitting here looking at our record 8-2-2 and thinking it looks great but what do we really have in a team? next few games could be the hardest stretch of games we have in a long time (even thou its not that tough) our next 6 games are vs teams currently in a playoff spot. right now 6 of our 8 wins came vs our diviision (almost worst in the league) none of them in a playoff spot . after our next 6 games "the hard stretch" the rest of our schedual currently 19 games vs teams not in a playoff spot and 11 games vs teams that are in as of now... march is staggering 12 games vs non playoff teams and 4 vs playoff teams. could the lack of competition be a factor going into the playoffs for the canucls?

You make a good point, it's been obvious the Canucks have been reaping the benefits of playing in a weak division. I think these games against St Louis, Detroit and Chicago will say a lot about this team.

From my perspective, what i see is a team that has a lot of speed, excellent goaltending and a good defense that has the capability to add a lot of scoring. Our forwards are hard to judge as we haven't really seen what our healthy top 6 looks like, but on paper it looks stacked.

All in all i believe this team has the ability to raise their game against very tough teams, and I'm not too worried.

EDIT: I really don't understand why these posters are making fun of this thread, I've seen terrible threads that warrant that kind of response but this guy raises a good question, grow up.

Rather than sitting there looking at the 8-2-2 record and worrying above the competition level you may want to think about:

Capitalization

Apostrophes

Commas

Letter spacing

Spelling

Periods (the ones that end sentences)

This effort would go a long way towards people assuming your reading-writing comprehension skills are above that of a 4th grader.

You make a good point, it's been obvious the Canucks have been reaping the benefits of playing in a weak division. I think these games against St Louis, Detroit and Chicago will say a lot about this team.

From my perspective, what i see is a team that has a lot of speed, excellent goaltending and a good defense that has the capability to add a lot of scoring. Our forwards are hard to judge as we haven't really seen what our healthy top 6 looks like, but on paper it looks stacked.

All in all i believe this team has the ability to raise their game against very tough teams, and I'm not too worried.

EDIT: I really don't understand why these posters are making fun of this thread, I've seen terrible threads that warrant that kind of response but this guy raises a good question, grow up.

While those other teams/divisions you speak of are beating each other up on a nightly basis, we'll swoop in to feed on their bones as we'll be fairly rested and in good shape (according to your theory, no?). Saving our best for last, don't even worry about it. I don't believe in monsters under the bed or scary teams...we've had a push back and that's all we need. I think some here give other teams too much credit at times...they're not super heroes. We're dragon slayers anyhow, remember?

He makes a good point guys. Remember our stretch post-Boston last year? We kept winning, but you knew we were done come playoff time. He's worried about the lack of competition. That could be a factor. We can't just ride our goaltending to another President's Trophy.

I haven't looked at the schedule as far as you have, though it seems we could clench the division as early as mid-March. In terms of vs. playoff teams, we've handed Chicago one of their few losses, on top of a convincing win over Anaheim in their home opener. The only convincing loss was against SJ in their building. You're right to an extent that these next few games will be a litmus test. I'm however not worried, especially with how dominant this team is as of late.

Rather than sitting there looking at the 8-2-2 record and worrying above the competition level you may want to think about:

Capitalization

Apostrophes

Commas

Letter spacing

Spelling

Periods (the ones that end sentences)

This effort would go a long way towards people assuming your reading-writing comprehension skills are above that of a 4th grader.

Archived