The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

dont really know what we have in a team.

chrisbanks

sorry about the grammer. im not writing a thesis , its a quick post. most people who complain about the grammer just dont like the post and dont have anything to argue against it. the question being asked was somewhat related to last year.. how we scrapped by bad teams into the playoffs . real fans knew we were in trouble.. blind fans just keep saying a win is a win, and then were shocked when we get ran over by a playoff team.

Rather than sitting there looking at the 8-2-2 record and worrying above the competition level you may want to think about:

Capitalization

Apostrophes

Commas

Letter spacing

Spelling

Periods (the ones that end sentences)

This effort would go a long way towards people assuming your reading-writing comprehension skills are above that of a 4th grader.

They are making fun of this thread (and the OP's english skills, lol) because they think that any thread about the Canucks that is not sweetness and light is the work of a "hater", "bandwagoner" or worse. They are the pathetic cheerleaders that like to think of themselves as the only "true Canuck fans", the whiners that blame every loss or setback on the refs, the evil Bruins/Hawks/whoever just beat us, or the evil Bettman/NHL anti- Canuck conspiracy who decree that every hit on a Sedin is a "cheapshot" and that every Canuck cheap shot is a "hockey play" even if it garners a suspension. I think this thread is spot on. P,S. How's MY grammar forsaken canuck? Does it come up to your stringent standard?

I have been wondering the same thing. We are where we are in large part because we are in a weak division. That is not to say that the Canucks will not be up with the other teams in the hunt but it does mean that they are not being tested by teams that can challenge them for the most part of the regular season. For this reason, I don't like the new allignment proposals where Vancouver will play all season in a weak division and then have to find that 'next gear' in the playoffs.

We will see what we have when we have to face Chicago and St Louis etc.

I knew Bertuzzi Babe had some dupe accounts.

Anyways, I too have been looking at the schedule and our play and I for one am very excited.

Detroit has been playing mediocre at best, Howard is falling apart without his big name defense in front of him.

St.Lois has started to fall apart and will easily crumble under our forecheck. They will be a good team, but no threat against us for the next couple seasons.

Chicago NEEDS to play against us as we are the only team that seems to be able to shut down their offense. If it was up to me we would play Chicago every other game so that we can keep their wins in check.

Nashville has great goaltending but no offense at all, and there is no way they can beat us if they can only score one goal a game.

Dallas has had some amazing performances by Lethonen and Jagr, but have been very inconsistent and are no threat in the polayoffs or the regular season.

Edmonton is definately looking like a new team as their young stars are developing nicely. Dubnyk, although vastly improved, is not in contender form and although they may steal a couple points, are no real threat to the nucks.

Anaheim has been inconsistent but are deciviously dangerous. I think they may have a great playoff run as long as they play hard and play like they want it. I think they will make it to the 3rd round. But once again not a sustained threat to the Canucks.

San Jose is a regular season threat every year, but they seem to have more fire this year then usual. If any team is a serious problem to Vancouver, its the Sharks. Very high offense. Our only hope is too learn how to capitalize on our PP and hope our goaltenders stand on their heads. I do think their history in the playoffs will work against them, and they me be upset in the first couple rounds as is their style.

Calgary, Minnesota, Columbus, Colorado, LA and Phoenix will just be point farms for us.

The East is shaping up to be interesting, but they do appear weaker over all. I would be very surprised to see an Eastern team win it this year.

So OP in a way I guess I agree with you. If through some unforseen change in point standings we were to face San Jose in the first round, I could see us losing for sure. But if we meet them much further down the series, we will be better prepared. Having our players prepared for games has always been AV's weak point. Of course this is all based on my opinions, a 12 game sample size, decades of being a hockey fan, and assuming no one else goes on the IR, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Archived