The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ever leave friends hanging to watch the game?

yogolol

I try to plan my social life on days when the games aren't on but it doesnt always work out and it's always a tough decision for me whether to watch the game or go hang out with a friend. I always feel really bad when I decide to watch the game, but I have a better time if I watch the game. Anyone else been put in this situation?

I'd miss the game to hang out with my friends in a heartbeat. Most of my friends aren't hockey fans, they wouldn't watch the game with me and there's nothing wrong with that.

Seriously guys, you can afford to miss a few games over the season to hang out with friends instead. Ditching friends to stay home is pretty brutal.

I try to plan my social life on days when the games aren't on but it doesnt always work out and it's always a tough decision for me whether to watch the game or go hang out with a friend. I always feel really bad when I decide to watch the game, but I have a better time if I watch the game. Anyone else been put in this situation?

I plan everything around Canucks games. If my friends arent over for dinner and beers and the game, then there is something wrong.

The only time we miss is when we are at hockey. But we always catch the last 10 mins of the 3rd at the pub usually.

Its such a routine between me and my friends, Im almost positive the wife is gonna leave me 1 of these days because it happens so much.

I sure am gonna miss her.

I plan my entire life around the schedule - no lie. I don't attend things if they're on game days...everyone who knows me knows that. And either has the game accesible to me or schedules accordingly.

It's a little ridiculous, but just how it is. I have no trouble declining offers if it's a game night...and I'm quite up front about that in a "no, I'll be watching the game".

I have taken a little hand held TV to a wedding for a HNIC game in the past. Also, to the racetrack for a birthday (and had people asking me for updates in our seating area). I am currently seeking a 12 step program for this, but no success so far.

Honestly, it's been like this for awhile...even my boss knows that I'm bolting if a game is on. Just how it is.

Archived