The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ever leave friends hanging to watch the game?

yogolol

I plan my entire life around the schedule - no lie. I don't attend things if they're on game days...everyone who knows me knows that. And either has the game accesible to me or schedules accordingly.

It's a little ridiculous, but just how it is. I have no trouble declining offers if it's a game night...and I'm quite up front about that in a "no, I'll be watching the game".

I have taken a little hand held TV to a wedding for a HNIC game in the past. Also, to the racetrack for a birthday (and had people asking me for updates in our seating area). I am currently seeking a 12 step program for this, but no success so far.

Honestly, it's been like this for awhile...even my boss knows that I'm bolting if a game is on. Just how it is.

I plan my entire life around the schedule - no lie. I don't attend things if they're on game days...everyone who knows me knows that. And either has the game accesible to me or schedules accordingly.

It's a little ridiculous, but just how it is. I have no trouble declining offers if it's a game night...and I'm quite up front about that in a "no, I'll be watching the game".

I have taken a little hand held TV to a wedding for a HNIC game in the past. Also, to the racetrack for a birthday (and had people asking me for updates in our seating area). I am currently seeking a 12 step program for this, but no success so far.

Honestly, it's been like this for awhile...even my boss knows that I'm bolting if a game is on. Just how it is.

Ever heard of PVR? Highlights?

I mean anything that's noteworthy will be in the highlights, and you could watch the game on your own terms later on if you were really so keen. The action's not going to change (faceoff, pass, chase, dump-in, work around, hit, cycle, shot, covered by goalie/ glove save, scrum, pad save, players change, cheering fans after a goal by their team... you know the gist)

Some memories you can't really miss (Deb, really? At a wedding? I wanna facepalm but I don't want warnings :P)

I leave my wife hanging to watch the game. The only time I miss parts of a game is if my daughter needs me. But I live in the eastern time zone so very rarely does she need me past 10pm lol

But in all fairness she doesn't care that i watch te game. She knows during Canucks and Tottenham matches to just hang out and have fun watching the games. She plays her Facebook games. Thank the Internet lord for bubblewitch and castleville

Some memories you can't really miss (Deb, really? At a wedding? I wanna facepalm but I don't want warnings :P)

Yep. But, in my defense, it was a cousin that I don't really care for....had to go as part of "the family". With that, it was during the reception and we had the sound down with the TV on the table. But I caught every second of the game.

No worries, I'm facepalming myself. But it was worth it.

It usually depends on the situation. I mean if it's a playoff game, no way in hell am I missing the game. If it's a less important game, I will go out with my friends, as I don't want to always be putting the Canucks ahead of my own life. I will also skip Canucks games in order to actually play hockey. Luckily most of my friends also like the Canucks, so usually I can just watch the games with them, especially during the playoffs. But I do tend to be selective about who I watch with, no one wants to watch the game when you can't hear the TV because the guy next to you is rambling on about stupid crap.

I do, but only when it's on TV and I don't have to do some illegal watching on the computer.

EDIT: I'm in Winnipeg and none of my friends like the Canucks, so it isn't that fun to watch with them. I've always preferred watching games by myself because I get more emotionally attached. It's weird.

Archived