The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Two Deadline Deals with PHX & COL

This roster will work due to the salary that Booth and Kesler ate while on IR. Plus when Manny gets placed on LTIR, we'll have an extra $2.5 million in extra salary room, giving is a total of around $3.8-4 million (depending when Booth comes back) in extra cap room.

To Phoenix: Bill Sweatt + VAN 2013 5th

To Vancouver: Raffi Torres & Kyle Chipchura

Torres = Sweatt

Chipchura = 5th

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Colorado: Andrew Ebbett + 2013 2nd

To Vancouver: Ryan O'Byrne & Chuck Kobasew

Kobasew = Ebbett

O'Byrne = 2nd

For the stretch after the deadline, I feel giving the young guys in Tanev, Schroeder and Kassian a couple nights off and even sending them to the Wolves for a couple weeks would benefit the longevity, health and fatigue factor heading into the playoffs. Then right before the playoffs, we can re-call all 3 of them to maximize our depth.

RAFFI TORRES: Big hitter, can fight, forechecks well with some offensive touch. He is 6'0 225

KYLE CHIPCHURA: Hits a lot, will fight, is a center we need with Manny out. He is 6'2 208

CHUCK KOBASEW: Hard hitter with some offensive capabilities, plays very hard. He is 6'0 195

RYAN O'BYRNE: Loves to hit, is solid defensively, not slow, but not super fast either. He is 6'5 234

Here's my roster without the young guns:

Sedin Sedin Burrows - Chemistry

Higgins Kesler Booth - Have proven they can play together and well too

Raymond Lapierre Hansen - Speedy checking line with skill

Torres Chipchura Kobasew - Hard hitting, above average defensive checking line with toughness

Weise/Volpatti

Hamhuis Edler - They are playing well together

Garrison Bieksa - Same as the Hamhuis/Edler pairing, they're playing surprisingly well together

Ballard O'Byrne - Puck mover with a solid defensive guy who is scary could turn out great

Alberts

Luongo & Schneider

If you think any of the proposal is off, state how you think it should be edited.

i'd love torres back for a playoff run but o'byrne and kobasew are complete plugs that bring nothing to the table and o'byrne sure as hell would not take tanev's spot in the lineup.

I think I get what your saying, but I really don't.

Don't get me wrong about Kassian, Schroeder and Tanev. I believe they are regulars for us now, but down the stretch where the games get closer together PLUS playoffs, having them play in the AHL for 2-3 weeks could keep a little bit of their longevity for the playoffs.

It's either they sit as healthy scratches for occasional games or they can keep up to game speed for a couple weeks of AHL action.

I really like the Phx deal, and the Col deal is alright. If we could only do one I'd love Torres.Chip

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Torres-Lapierre-Hansen

Chipchurra

The fact that line up has our 4th line as our 2011 SCF 3rd line shows how deep it is..

I really like the Phx deal, and the Col deal is alright. If we could only do one I'd love Torres.Chip

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Torres-Lapierre-Hansen

Chipchurra

The fact that line up has our 4th line as our 2011 SCF 3rd line shows how deep it is..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Torres-Lapierre-Hansen

Chipchurra

This roster will work due to the salary that Booth and Kesler ate while on IR. Plus when Manny gets placed on LTIR, we'll have an extra $2.5 million in extra salary room, giving is a total of around $3.8-4 million (depending when Booth comes back) in extra cap room.

Archived