The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler healed?

Hunter.S-Kerouac

I have listened to Kesler's interviews the past couple days. He really doesn't seem to be indicating that he feels good. Its almost like hes saying I don't hurt anymore but my body doesn't work like it used to. In todays interview it sounded to me like he was mentally preparing to have a worse season than last. Is anyone else getting the strong feeling that he may never be the same and he knows it? I hope I'm reading too much between the lines but I am really not finding his comments very convincing that he is ready to play. I hope I'm wrong.

I think he means it more in the way that it'll take him awhile to get into "Game Shape"

He'll return to the lineup tonight but he won't be at peak fitness for quite sometime, if at all this season. It'll be up to the coaches to manage his minutes and he will have to keep working to improve.

But at a certain point, practicing with the team isn't going to help him anymore. He had to take this next step and get into game action.

As for the shoulder injury itself, only time will tell how much the surgery helped. Hopefully he gets full range of motion and strength back. We'll know by the release of his wrist shot...

Archived