Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

To Vancouver: Raffi Torres

To Phoenix: Weise and 4th.

then.....

To Vancouver: Steve Downie and Jaime McGinn(Big men who can score)

To: Colarado: David Booth and Keith Ballard(They need a top 4 d-man and with minutes, Ballard fits

that role.) Booth brings His Offense.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian(Chemistry with a bit of toughness)
Burrows-Kesler-Downie(Big toughness that can score)
Raymond-Higgins-Hansen(speed and work hard)
Mcginn-Lappiere-Torres(grit)
Volpatti-Schroeder

Hamhuis-Edler
Bieksa-Garisson
Vandermeer/Barker/Alberts-Tanev
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#2 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

To Vancouver: Raffi Torres

To Phoenix: Weise and 4th.

then.....

To Vancouver: Steve Downie and Jaime McGinn(Big men who can score)

To: Colarado: David Booth and Keith Ballard(They need a top 4 d-man and with minutes, Ballard fits

that role.) Booth brings His Offense.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian(Chemistry with a bit of toughness)
Burrows-Kesler-Downie(Big toughness that can score)
Raymond-Higgins-Hansen(speed and work hard)
Mcginn-Lappiere-Torres(grit)
Volpatti-Schroeder

Hamhuis-Edler
Bieksa-Garisson
Vandermeer/Barker/Alberts-Tanev

Both Downie and McGinn would help, but I don't like the idea of trading Ballard and having to rely on our depth D on a nightly basis. We'd have one weak pairing, and be an injury away from big trouble.

#3 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Downie is out for the year

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,336 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

That's an overpayment for Torres. I think both teams would agree on Ebbett and a 4th for Raffi.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Terrible.

Overpayment for Torres and Downie is out for the entire year. Not keen on dealing Booth either.

zackass.png

#6 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Terrible.

Overpayment for Torres and Downie is out for the entire year. Not keen on dealing Booth either.

Why don't you tell me why it's terrible instead of being lazy and put terrible for no reason. The trades make sense.
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#7 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Why don't you tell me why it's terrible instead of being lazy and put terrible for no reason. The trades make sense.

I did, did you not read the entire post.

Terrible.

zackass.png

#8 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not only is Downie out for the year, but even when healthy it's pretty clear that Booth and Ballard >> Downie and McGinn.

#9 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

trade deadline moves will only be players like higgins and lappy. This trade is more like an off season trade which is still terrible.

Offseason-Players who might get traded -Ballard or Garrison, Lu or Schneider, Booth or Burrows gets rid of lots of cap space.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#10 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Fans are so impacient Booth had a bad year deal with it Kesler and Raymond both had a bad year too and Raymond is looking great while Kesler looked good in his first game back...m give the Guy a break

#11 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Torres I don't see the organisation bringing back. Personally I was super excited when he came here. But after watching him deliberately injure players with dirty hits. Pretty sure he wasn't resigned and won't ever be because he has no class. Chris Neil would be perfect he hits like a sparkling clean Peterbuilt and Ottawa needs D something we have.

I would do Ballard Higgins or MayRay their pick

for Chris Neil and Zack Smith. hopefully + but MayRay/Higg are ufa and Ballard tho improved is still overpayed. So though the players we move in this are both higher on the depth chart the players we get back are much cheeper and signed to fair contracts for the foreseeable future. On top of filling a need we have in a skilled Banger who can log a responsible 10 mins of energy and intimidation. And a top notch faceoff man for our bottom 6 with PK experience to free up Kesler.

I believe MG will be targeting a bottom 4 Right shooting defender in the goalie sweepsteaks so the loss of Ballard won't be a biggy. And with the freed up cap space we might be able to land a solid rental for the playoffs.

Edited by honey badger36, 17 February 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#12 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

ya
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#13 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

We had Torres in the past, and it's a good proposal. However, Torres takes in more cap than Weise does, and our team has a very small cap space of about $1M. It would also be a waste of a 4th.
Posted Image

#14 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

We had Torres in the past, and it's a good proposal. However, Torres takes in more cap than Weise does, and our team has a very small cap space of about $1M. It would also be a waste of a 4th.

Torres could be fit under the cap no problem.

#15 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Torres could be fit under the cap no problem.

He scrwed up in 2011 finals, so no go there.
Posted Image

#16 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I recall that he played pretty well throughout the 2011 playoffs.

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Torres was actually one of our best forwards throughout the playoffs that year. I'd love to get him back.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#18 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

No GM will ever let a player walk away only to trade for him months later. Not only does that suggest you don't know what you're doing and that you obviously have doubts about your decisions but that's obviously just bad management
Posted Image

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

No GM will ever let a player walk away only to trade for him months later. Not only does that suggest you don't know what you're doing and that you obviously have doubts about your decisions but that's obviously just bad management

Ponikarovsky?

#20 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wri0oYiKx0c

Torres was actually one of our best forwards throughout the playoffs that year. I'd love to get him back.

I agree now.
Posted Image

#21 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I doubt we'd go back to the well on Torres considering we could have signed him for around a cool million.

As for Downie and McGinn, we lose a lot of skill trading away Ballard and Booth. Booth's game is built for the playoffs - he has great size and takes the puck harder to the net than anyone else on this team, plus he has great speed which may be able to break open series later on. Plus he's a big hitter, so lets not get rid of him.

Ballard has been one of our 3 best defencemen all season long so wouldn't want to trade him either. If we trade a defenceman it's Garrison but I doubt he'd bring us back much considering his poor start and worse finish last season.

McGinn is the only one I'd really want on this team - he's a huge hitter but more importantly, a painful hitter. The number of guys this guy has injured with his big shoulder hits is staggering, and that's what you need in the playoffs. A bruiser who can wear opponents down, especially their defencemen, is how you win playoff series.

Something we have that Colorado would love are picks. They're struggling this season, doubtful to make the playoffs and with so many young guys why not start the rebuild?

McGinn for Kassian and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Essentially we get a Kassian who's a few years later in his development, and the picks even that up.
Posted Image

#22 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Those deadline deals would result in a first round elimination.

I'd love to have Torres back but not for that price.

As for the Colorado deal, we get robbed. You are trading a 2nd liner and a top 4 defenseman for 2 players who would be 3/4th liners on our team. You also kill our defensive depth, simply put this deal does not make our team better.

#23 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Brian Boyle and Chris Neil.

#24 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I doubt we'd go back to the well on Torres considering we could have signed him for around a cool million.

As for Downie and McGinn, we lose a lot of skill trading away Ballard and Booth. Booth's game is built for the playoffs - he has great size and takes the puck harder to the net than anyone else on this team, plus he has great speed which may be able to break open series later on. Plus he's a big hitter, so lets not get rid of him.

Ballard has been one of our 3 best defencemen all season long so wouldn't want to trade him either. If we trade a defenceman it's Garrison but I doubt he'd bring us back much considering his poor start and worse finish last season.

McGinn is the only one I'd really want on this team - he's a huge hitter but more importantly, a painful hitter. The number of guys this guy has injured with his big shoulder hits is staggering, and that's what you need in the playoffs. A bruiser who can wear opponents down, especially their defencemen, is how you win playoff series.

Something we have that Colorado would love are picks. They're struggling this season, doubtful to make the playoffs and with so many young guys why not start the rebuild?

Essentially we get a Kassian who's a few years later in his development, and the picks even that up.

You're joking right...

#25 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

<_<

I would love to have McGinn but come on. This is never going to happen nor should it.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 18 February 2013 - 10:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.