Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pavel Burrows

Deadline moves for a deep playoff run.

25 posts in this topic

To Vancouver: Raffi Torres

To Phoenix: Weise and 4th.

then.....

To Vancouver: Steve Downie and Jaime McGinn(Big men who can score)

To: Colarado: David Booth and Keith Ballard(They need a top 4 d-man and with minutes, Ballard fits

that role.) Booth brings His Offense.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian(Chemistry with a bit of toughness)

Burrows-Kesler-Downie(Big toughness that can score)

Raymond-Higgins-Hansen(speed and work hard)

Mcginn-Lappiere-Torres(grit)

Volpatti-Schroeder

Hamhuis-Edler

Bieksa-Garisson

Vandermeer/Barker/Alberts-Tanev

To Vancouver: Raffi Torres

To Phoenix: Weise and 4th.

then.....

To Vancouver: Steve Downie and Jaime McGinn(Big men who can score)

To: Colarado: David Booth and Keith Ballard(They need a top 4 d-man and with minutes, Ballard fits

that role.) Booth brings His Offense.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian(Chemistry with a bit of toughness)

Burrows-Kesler-Downie(Big toughness that can score)

Raymond-Higgins-Hansen(speed and work hard)

Mcginn-Lappiere-Torres(grit)

Volpatti-Schroeder

Hamhuis-Edler

Bieksa-Garisson

Vandermeer/Barker/Alberts-Tanev

That's an overpayment for Torres. I think both teams would agree on Ebbett and a 4th for Raffi.

Terrible.

Overpayment for Torres and Downie is out for the entire year. Not keen on dealing Booth either.

Terrible.

Overpayment for Torres and Downie is out for the entire year. Not keen on dealing Booth either.

Why don't you tell me why it's terrible instead of being lazy and put terrible for no reason. The trades make sense.

Not only is Downie out for the year, but even when healthy it's pretty clear that Booth and Ballard >> Downie and McGinn.

trade deadline moves will only be players like higgins and lappy. This trade is more like an off season trade which is still terrible.

Offseason-Players who might get traded -Ballard or Garrison, Lu or Schneider, Booth or Burrows gets rid of lots of cap space.

Fans are so impacient Booth had a bad year deal with it Kesler and Raymond both had a bad year too and Raymond is looking great while Kesler looked good in his first game back...m give the Guy a break

Torres I don't see the organisation bringing back. Personally I was super excited when he came here. But after watching him deliberately injure players with dirty hits. Pretty sure he wasn't resigned and won't ever be because he has no class. Chris Neil would be perfect he hits like a sparkling clean Peterbuilt and Ottawa needs D something we have.

I would do Ballard Higgins or MayRay their pick

for Chris Neil and Zack Smith. hopefully + but MayRay/Higg are ufa and Ballard tho improved is still overpayed. So though the players we move in this are both higher on the depth chart the players we get back are much cheeper and signed to fair contracts for the foreseeable future. On top of filling a need we have in a skilled Banger who can log a responsible 10 mins of energy and intimidation. And a top notch faceoff man for our bottom 6 with PK experience to free up Kesler.

I believe MG will be targeting a bottom 4 Right shooting defender in the goalie sweepsteaks so the loss of Ballard won't be a biggy. And with the freed up cap space we might be able to land a solid rental for the playoffs.

We had Torres in the past, and it's a good proposal. However, Torres takes in more cap than Weise does, and our team has a very small cap space of about $1M. It would also be a waste of a 4th.

We had Torres in the past, and it's a good proposal. However, Torres takes in more cap than Weise does, and our team has a very small cap space of about $1M. It would also be a waste of a 4th.

No GM will ever let a player walk away only to trade for him months later. Not only does that suggest you don't know what you're doing and that you obviously have doubts about your decisions but that's obviously just bad management

No GM will ever let a player walk away only to trade for him months later. Not only does that suggest you don't know what you're doing and that you obviously have doubts about your decisions but that's obviously just bad management

Torres was actually one of our best forwards throughout the playoffs that year. I'd love to get him back.