The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Deadline moves for a deep playoff run.

I doubt we'd go back to the well on Torres considering we could have signed him for around a cool million.

As for Downie and McGinn, we lose a lot of skill trading away Ballard and Booth. Booth's game is built for the playoffs - he has great size and takes the puck harder to the net than anyone else on this team, plus he has great speed which may be able to break open series later on. Plus he's a big hitter, so lets not get rid of him.

Ballard has been one of our 3 best defencemen all season long so wouldn't want to trade him either. If we trade a defenceman it's Garrison but I doubt he'd bring us back much considering his poor start and worse finish last season.

McGinn is the only one I'd really want on this team - he's a huge hitter but more importantly, a painful hitter. The number of guys this guy has injured with his big shoulder hits is staggering, and that's what you need in the playoffs. A bruiser who can wear opponents down, especially their defencemen, is how you win playoff series.

Something we have that Colorado would love are picks. They're struggling this season, doubtful to make the playoffs and with so many young guys why not start the rebuild?

McGinn for Kassian and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Essentially we get a Kassian who's a few years later in his development, and the picks even that up.

Those deadline deals would result in a first round elimination.

I'd love to have Torres back but not for that price.

As for the Colorado deal, we get robbed. You are trading a 2nd liner and a top 4 defenseman for 2 players who would be 3/4th liners on our team. You also kill our defensive depth, simply put this deal does not make our team better.

I doubt we'd go back to the well on Torres considering we could have signed him for around a cool million.

As for Downie and McGinn, we lose a lot of skill trading away Ballard and Booth. Booth's game is built for the playoffs - he has great size and takes the puck harder to the net than anyone else on this team, plus he has great speed which may be able to break open series later on. Plus he's a big hitter, so lets not get rid of him.

Ballard has been one of our 3 best defencemen all season long so wouldn't want to trade him either. If we trade a defenceman it's Garrison but I doubt he'd bring us back much considering his poor start and worse finish last season.

McGinn is the only one I'd really want on this team - he's a huge hitter but more importantly, a painful hitter. The number of guys this guy has injured with his big shoulder hits is staggering, and that's what you need in the playoffs. A bruiser who can wear opponents down, especially their defencemen, is how you win playoff series.

Something we have that Colorado would love are picks. They're struggling this season, doubtful to make the playoffs and with so many young guys why not start the rebuild?

McGinn for Kassian and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Essentially we get a Kassian who's a few years later in his development, and the picks even that up.

Archived