The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

This is exactly what I worried might happen if we traded Luongo. Except it was made worse by Schneider. Him crapping the bed in the first game, and having struggles he just did not have before 'starter' talk started up around him is just bad news all around. Schneider might not be handling the pressure that was put on him since he finally got a taste of the negative media when he was not suppose to be the backup. He didn't have 'slow' starts, a huge fight that people use to have when wanting to start him over Luongo. He didn't have 'bad' games where he looked rattled after giving up a goal or a bad one for the most part.. it happened in the very first game, and now in this one. He is doing things that he did not do when he was the 'backup'. And now Luongo is playing loose for once and he looks just as good if not better than he did in 06, considering he is now a lot better at handling the puck. And he's not even in one of his 'zone' moments where he goes on a tear. He's just better in general right now, even during his average games.

But, Luongo is all but traded at this point.. and now we are definitely left with the reality that Schneider might not be ready, or just might have an issue with the pressure playing here. It's only dozen or so games in, but that dozen or so games is closing in on half the season. The worst possible thing that Schneider could've done to himself in this city was leave room for doubt to go to him. He is going to bail fast as hell if Luongo is traded and he doesn't do as well, especially if Luongo is successful wherever he ends up. The media will have a field day with him and management. This whole goalie situation is probably going to get even more ugly than it already was.

Actually Luongo let in bad goals, and we lost.

Schneider let in bad goals, while still making some key saves. And we lost.

Both deserve partial blame, yet everyone seems to be piling on Schneider while forgetting about everything else.

And people try to push all the others things into the limelight when discussing our SCF collapse.

Lets atleast not have a double standard here, but I guess all the Luongo lovers have come running out of the closet with there sharp steak knives stabbing every Schneider defender in sight.

We should show we actually have faith in him rather than parking him on the bench whenever he has an off game. That is how Ballard's rep and play nose dived so quickly here at the beginning.

In the past we have given Lu the opportunity to get back in there and bounce back. Cory will have fire and be determined, he will bounce back with a really solid game.

As far as I'm concerned it makes perfect sense, then you give Lu that start against the Hawks since he has been solid all year. Then come back to Cory afterwards.

Yeah :lol:

Listen, you are absolutely right but do you even know why most of these so called "Luongo Lovers" are coming out of the closet ready to dig into Cory? Because for the past couple of years, they've been in the same place that you are in tonight, defending Luongo against so many haters who would blame anything and everything on him, everytime the Canucks lost a game... You are just getting a taste of what some of us went through the past few years... It's just a natural reaction for some people...

Happy for Hank tonight, the loss doesn't cloud it. our hot streak was bound to end. The boys can take a lesson in focus on this and be better for the next game. Better to lose now and make adjustments now with 75% of the season to go, than during the playoffs.

I was worried when he threw some hits though... But I was really impressed with how dynamic he was out there. Kassian probably wishes he was up to his selke form, so he could cover up for him when he blew his check on that last goal.

I like the powerplay way more with kesler on it.

I think we're all so used to consistently elite goaltending that Schneider's game tonight seems bad. Everyone has to stop for a second and have some perspective. It was a subpar effort by Schneider's standards, but let's all not be so narrow-minded as to throw him under the bus.

I mean, for God's sakes, he didn't "crap the bed". He had an ordinary game. That's all. By any other team's standards, that was an ordinary game.

strangely Im not that upset about this loss. Really a 7 game win streak? They've been playing great but they have been flattered by weak northwest division opponents this knocks them down a few pegs so they have something real to work before some serious games against some serious rivals in st louis and chicago.

Archived