The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

This.

We sit back all the time, yet whenever the goaltending doesnt bail us out it is all the goalies fault. That's the way it has been for many years here.

The truth is that it is AV's fault.

But everyone can think what they want.

Just for fun, +1 the comment above me. This way we can see how many people read this far into a PGT. I for one would like to know seeing as how the +'s seem to stop after the first 2 pages. Of course there is still some, but you get my drift.

My thoughts on tonights game:

• Tanev and Ballard had another great game. I don't know why those two seem to click so well, but they do. I know people say its because of who they go against, well I saw them against alot of lines tonight, and they did very well.

• Kesler, Kassquatch and Higgy looked great through the first 30 minutes, then disappeared albeit for Kassian's first play of the year that cost us a goal. This line could have potential if they work at it, but Kassian did seem a bit slow tonight. I hope he isn't injured.

• Sedin's were looking good no matter who they paired with, but obviously Burrows was the deal maker.

• The crowd actually seemed into this game. they were loud and cheering and we lost. Maybe the Canucks aern't used to so much noise?

• I am going to buy a Hansen jersey. 'Nuff said.

• Defense from our top 4 seemed shakey, but this is nothing new, at least they have been consistently shakey all season

• Stars forwards looked good and that Dillon kid reminded of a younger Burrows. So hungry for the puck, I like him, he could be a top player one day.

• Burrows goes to the penalty box, I need to close my eyes on the PK. What was going on out there, thank god for Schneider.

• Schiderman made some beautiful saves tonight and had 2 that were just bad bounces that I don't blame him for. The other 2 goals were something Dubnyk would let in, and I was not impressed. And aside from those two he was out of position alot which is uncharacterstic of him. The goal where he thought he had it but didn't he looked scared stiff. I think he is having a pressure problem.

Well lets see...

Grats Hank...

We got owned by a ton of posts and crossbars along with the zebras help... Sadly Schnides has a night off, for whatever reason and Canucks let three consecutive goals o to waste... For some reason this doesn't surprise me one bit...

We must get better on the pp and never stop skating....two goal blown leads seem to be he norm here :(

What a waste of 2 points. Luongo would NOT have let in 4 goals... The powerplay stunk, AGAIN. We lost to a team we SHOULD have beat. What is with the non-call on Hansen when he was breaking in, that was clearly tripping. And the non-goal, give me a BREAK!

Just because you blow a lead, doesn't always mean it's because you sit back. The other team trying to come back is pushing even harder than you because they are down and they force you to errors. This game into the 3rd was still fairly open, meaning the Canucks had some solid chances too, and the Canucks didn't sit back as much as other games this season. When you don't even get chances in the 3rd and are just clearing, that is sitting back. Canucks had chances in the 3rd.

I was just thinking, and this brings sour memories from the momentum shift after the hit on Horton during the Boston series... why is it that we always get soft after either a fight or really hard hits??? Do we feel sorry for the opposing players?

I don't understand why our players fought the Stars three times after:

a) we scored three consecutive goals taking the lead 3-1

B) Hanks huge achievement

c) being backed by an electric crowd for reasons a and b....

d) Kessler being back and not being a complete fail as some were expecting after 299 days off...

SO WHY FIGHT? whats there to prove? did the team need any extra motivation? why can't we just focus on just winning the game?

I understand why the Stars wanted a fight after being scored on three consecutive times and that fight went alright, but why add to the fire and give them more of a motiv to fight and come back?

What is the reasoning behind this? can anyone explain? this is a game we should have won by a huge mile, especially with the backup goalie playing for Dallas...

Ya know, ever since the end of the lockout I never felt like the NHL was really back, it was more like a glorified preseason than real NHL hockey...but now that the refs have COMPLETELY screwed US two games in a row, it's like the NHL is really back, y'know? What the heck are they doing out there? Were we playing too well, ruining their beloved parity? Who is this clown Hebert and what does he have against us? When is the NHL gonna stop with this garbage? I really feel like the league I remember is back in force, the way they screwed us out of a win, it's just like old times. Seriously, were they so upset that their scheme to hand the Wild a victory was thwarted, that they had to double down tonite? Well, they can all go straight to hell because that should have been an easy victory the way the Canucks played, they got totally shafted by the officials in this one, it was complete garbage. Next time these clown officials ride into town on their crap-train we all oughta get a posse together and burn that bastard to the ground!

Nope, sorry, I blame the reftards. Momentum killing party crashers. Calls missed allowed the Stars to barrel over us. Calls made were timely in giving them the edge. Sure, we blew it but the refs of the first were letting things go and the pace was good. Then they took charge, partially.

I never blame refs for the loss, but for the assist for sure.

Archived