The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

we do benefit from dominating our division but when we won the president's trophy we were 11-6-3 against the Central, 11-5-4 against the Pacific and 11-6-1 against the East. So we still play well against other divisions as well as dominating our own

Ya know, ever since the end of the lockout I never felt like the NHL was really back, it was more like a glorified preseason than real NHL hockey...but now that the refs have COMPLETELY screwed US two games in a row, it's like the NHL is really back, y'know? What the heck are they doing out there? Were we playing too well, ruining their beloved parity? Who is this clown Hebert and what does he have against us? When is the NHL gonna stop with this garbage? I really feel like the league I remember is back in force, the way they screwed us out of a win, it's just like old times. Seriously, were they so upset that their scheme to hand the Wild a victory was thwarted, that they had to double down tonite? Well, they can all go straight to hell because that should have been an easy victory the way the Canucks played, they got totally shafted by the officials in this one, it was complete garbage. Next time these clown officials ride into town on their crap-train we all oughta get a posse together and burn that bastard to the ground!

Dan LaRue: Born in Georgia, American ref

Ghislain Hebert: a noob from New Brunswick

Both, apparently, drank a bottle of scotch before arriving at the rink, then reffed by braille. They used the proceeds from the event to take a cab back to their hotels and order pizza.

It was bad. I don't blame refs for wins/losses, but certainly their contributions to them. I'd almost commented in the first at how I admired the fact that they were basically letting them play...the pace of the game was phenomenal as a result. Then all hell broke loose. Guess they took a call during intermission.

Anyhow, more of same. We almost pulled it off despite it all. We kind of unraveled, but I do think the loss of focus can be attributed to the game getting a little lopsided when we ended up with 6 penalties in the 2nd, all timed perfectly around the time we were taking control of the game. And those ridiculous fights - 3 in a row? As much as it's entertaining and all, don't ever think that wasn't part of the Stars' plan to put a halt to the momentum swing that was in our favour. It appears it worked.

Whatever, can't change things.....next......

What a waste of 2 points. Luongo would NOT have let in 4 goals...

You know, these statements are ridiculous as they cannot be proven. He may have let in 9 - who knows?

We need to stop. We need to support both goaltenders, not look for opportunity to rip them to shreds. It's like people are now demanding perfection but all goaltenders will have wins/losses. All goaltenders will let in goals that they wish they could do over. It's part of being a human being. Sure, you can have a favourite, but to suggest one would have prevailed over another is pointless. The team lost the game and, for the moment, Lu and Cory are both part of that team so let's quit throwing one or the other under the bus.

Stop making this about the goalies...AGAIN. The Canucks let Dallas back into the game and couldn't score the backbreaker.

I don't think Schneider was bad. Goal 3 was a broken mess. There were some real bonehead plays in the defensive zone on the 4-3 goal. Edler gets outhustled by old man Jagr....As good as Edler is, sometimes he isn't as tough as he needs to be. That was 5 on 5, why the hell was the Dallas player open right in front of the net?

Also, the Canucks could really help their cause by scoring a goal on the PP once in a while.

The Canucks had a chance to put Dallas away, but after Henrik scored, they stopped playing with intensity. They figured the game was over. Guess what. It wasn't.

Oh yeah, and the Canucks will lose once in a while. It happens. Dallas worked harder the last 30 minutes. The Canucks got lazy.

You know, these statements are ridiculous as they cannot be proven. He may have let in 9 - who knows?

We need to stop. We need to support both goaltenders, not look for opportunity to rip them to shreds. It's like people are now demanding perfection but all goaltenders will have wins/losses. All goaltenders will let in goals that they wish they could do over. It's part of being a human being. Sure, you can have a favourite, but to suggest one would have prevailed over another is pointless. The team lost the game and, for the moment, Lu and Cory are both part of that team so let's quit throwing one or the other under the bus.

Just for fun, +1 the comment above me. This way we can see how many people read this far into a PGT. I for one would like to know seeing as how the +'s seem to stop after the first 2 pages. Of course there is still some, but you get my drift.

My thoughts on tonights game:

• Tanev and Ballard had another great game. I don't know why those two seem to click so well, but they do. I know people say its because of who they go against, well I saw them against alot of lines tonight, and they did very well.

• Kesler, Kassquatch and Higgy looked great through the first 30 minutes, then disappeared albeit for Kassian's first play of the year that cost us a goal. This line could have potential if they work at it, but Kassian did seem a bit slow tonight. I hope he isn't injured.

• Sedin's were looking good no matter who they paired with, but obviously Burrows was the deal maker.

• The crowd actually seemed into this game. they were loud and cheering and we lost. Maybe the Canucks aern't used to so much noise?

• I am going to buy a Hansen jersey. 'Nuff said.

• Defense from our top 4 seemed shakey, but this is nothing new, at least they have been consistently shakey all season

• Stars forwards looked good and that Dillon kid reminded of a younger Burrows. So hungry for the puck, I like him, he could be a top player one day.

• Burrows goes to the penalty box, I need to close my eyes on the PK. What was going on out there, thank god for Schneider.

• Schiderman made some beautiful saves tonight and had 2 that were just bad bounces that I don't blame him for. The other 2 goals were something Dubnyk would let in, and I was not impressed. And aside from those two he was out of position alot which is uncharacterstic of him. The goal where he thought he had it but didn't he looked scared stiff. I think he is having a pressure problem.

They were outplaying Dallas up until those fights. The (non) goal of Raymonds' would have sealed it. Those fights interrupted their game and ruined the momentum. Volpatti's fight was reasonable, but why the other two? Was that spontanious or planned? Whatever it was, it was at least stupid.

Really proud of the ovation the fans gave to Hank. Nice to see a 'heart felt' reaction from the normally silent crowd at Roger's Arena.

Av needs to go. So sick of AV's dump and change short shift mentalitiy to protect a lead that kills all momentum they had.

Let the players attempt offense and keep their momentum going.

Frack off with this short shifting crap.How many times have the Canucks lost leads this year to AV's overplayed system .

Archived