Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

336 posts in this topic

Why does Bieksa always get top 4 ice time when he always almost costs us a goal every game, but yet Kassian gets benched for making a mistake as a rookie, I don't get it.

Why does Bieksa always get top 4 ice time when he always almost costs us a goal every game, but yet Kassian gets benched for making a mistake as a rookie, I don't get it.

The Dallas coach is a smart coach. He looks new. I've never seen him before. Kes looks a step behind but came out hard on his first appearance. He looks stronger then ever...just needs practise, what I always tell my nephew, and he'll get back to speed. Other teams or anyone who's ever watched hockey knows our MO...we have a pattern of losing our leads and ultimately losing the game in the final minutes of the game. We should try to change that. A little disappointed that the 1st line didn't come out hard to counter the tying goal. Corey played a good game but let in one soft one, and there was just two weird bounces. Luck was not on his side that game. I forgot to mention, I'm really liking the Schroeder Mason Hanson line...alot of speed, skill and fancy passing...very exciting to watch.

PS. Congratulations Henrik! We are very fortunate to have you and your brother.

Whatever, we're a pretty spoiled fan base. Your gonna blow leads stupidly a couple times a season and this is one of them. The fights were hilarious. Av and them giggling at leaving weise and the other 4th liners out there that he fought. Loved it even though we lost.

Whatever, we're a pretty spoiled fan base. Your gonna blow leads stupidly a couple times a season and this is one of them.

Bad breaks, bad refs, below average Schneider, Edler completely useless=loss.

With all those things against you even the very strong performances of all the other players still hard to win its as simple as that.

I really liked what i saw from all the players last night. Most of them showed great energy and skill besides Edler and Schneider although Schneider did make a few great saves.

Dallas were very fortunate to get the win.

When Booth gets back the future still looks very bright for the Canucks!

Loss was a bit of a shame...!

Kesler looked great, especially in the first period.

Hank, Danny and Burr also looked great; beautiful goal and pass on Hank's historic milestone.

Couple of odd goals for Schneids, but also some bad luck with posts and calls and things.

I also watched the Buffalo / Boston game. We are lucky to be Canuck fans, and cudo's to Dallas. This game had way more intensity and competitiveness, and I'm not speaking of the fights.

LOL hard not to mention Lapierre looks a bit of a butt the way he slowly backs up, takes off his hemet and fixes his elbow pads for a fight, backs up some more and then hangs on for dear life after avoiding any real start... Weise loses some, but hell he comes out throwin!

Making a mistake trying to make a play or missing a check trying is one thing. Guys are pretty fast and talented in the NHL, guys are going to make one on one plays that beat u.

Missing a defensive assignment is completely different. Coach has a system and has communicated via the "bench" that he does not tolerate that at any time. Guys such as Raymond and Rome in one stereotype have always been given ice time by AV, because they cover their assignments.

That may not be entirely fair. But then you can guage and reward people for their ability to make plays. Leading the league in +/- in his career and a couple of 40 point seasons suggests Bieksa covers most of his assignments and makes plays.

The goals against looked pretty bad. But so did the defensive play on some occasions that led to a goal. You put bad referees on top, and a few unlucky bounces, it cost us the game. We can´t win every game. Got a good feeling for the match against the Blues.

Really glad to see Keslord back out there, able to throw some hits and drawing some penalties. Hopefully he will be a force to be reckoned with right off the bat. We need that now.

The Canucks have a bad habit of giving up momentum by riling up the other team.

At 3-1 they didn't need to fight the Stars players. All that did was give them something to rally around.

They just need to stick to their game, and not get involved in that stuff. I'd rather not watch 3 crappy fights and get the two points. The stars were pumped up after those fights, and played much harder. We should have just lulled them to sleep with boring play instead.

The Canucks have a bad habit of giving up momentum by riling up the other team.

At 3-1 they didn't need to fight the Stars players. All that did was give them something to rally around.

They just need to stick to their game, and not get involved in that stuff. I'd rather not watch 3 crappy fights and get the two points. The stars were pumped up after those fights, and played much harder. We should have just lulled them to sleep with boring play instead.

Bieksa took some gambles and got burned on them. Probably one of his worst games of the season. But it's only one game.

I'm more concerned about Edler. The poor guy looks totally out of sync with the defensive side of the game. I don't know if it's a simple matter that both Bieksa and Edler are trying too hard to generate offense or what.

Keep things simple, work on the defensive side of the game, and the offense will come later. I don't think Garrison is as bad as others are making out. Tanev and Ballard are both more effective than I'd thought they'd be. Tanev is running into mistakes, but for a young player he's remarkably poised, and recovers from them real well.

I think the Canucks need to get back to basics. Look for the ugly goals, instead of the highlight reel goals. If they can play like they did the first part of the first period they can be unstoppable. Keep the plays simple, keep the puck in the opponents end, and make sure the defense knows when to pinch in, and make sure a forward gets back to cover in case the play goes sideways.

We weren't going to win every game this year. But it stings when you let the game slip away from you like that.

you missed my point man i was trying to say mma fans can be just as redneck as hockey fans

not to mention those wrestling fans...

and how did this turn into a MMA vs Hockey thread.

Keys to the game

Dont sit on a lead

Stay out of the box