The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

schneider let in 2 bad goals and made some key saves when the canucks decided to give up a couple of 3 on 1's in the 2nd period then in the third period the crap hit the fan the canucks sat back on a 2 goal lead and it finally burned them in regulation

hopefully this wakes the team up we have had quite a few 2 goal leads given up early in the season this is the first one to burn us in regulation

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Now we're getting a goalie controversy. The team played great in front of Schneider, blew this game wide open in the 2nd period but the kid couldn't shut it down and that's frustrating. Other players who stunk it up tonight include Garrison who's shaky out there and not confident in his own zone. Just about every forward had an amazing game.

The Sedins had their best game of the season, Burrows looked good with them and their passes were all clicking. Great powerplay and movement all around.

Kesler and Higgins were fantastic, I'm surprised by Kesler - didn't expect him to return to his 70-point-season form but from tonight it looks like he's already there. Kassian had a strong game and didn't deserve the final minute benching, he better not be in our bottom-6 next game based on that.

The 3rd line was great again, Schroeder and Raymond buzzing all game and both deserved a point that was waved off. Hansen was again one of our best forwards, but to be honest all our forwards were flying, forechecking hard, causing turnovers and creating opportunities. Great shifts by our 4th line too, without Malhotra they've all got a tough role to play. Never seen a hat-trick of fights, that was pretty special.

Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa had very strong games, as did Ballard and Tanev, but Garrison was the only guy back there who wasn't as steady as the rest.

Simply put, great game by the entire team, we should of won this game. Just when I thought we'd cleaned up these blown-leads and late game losses, Schneider puts up a stinker and loses the game for us. He deserves all the blame for this one and anyone who wants to defend him is clearly blind - 3 bad goals in one game to blow our winning streak and lose the captains big game is unacceptable. Give Luongo the ball and don't give Schneider a sniff of the starting position until he earns it again. He's been getting off easy with wins lately because of how well the teams played in front of him, while Luongo has already had to steal us a couple of wins this season. Call me a Luongo-lover but the stats are obvious and the game is clear - right now Luongo is winning us games and Schneider is finding ways to lose them.

God, I'm so effing pissed right now. Were the refs blind? Starting from the Raymond's disallowed goal, to the ridiculous non calls throughout the game. Not blaming it on Schneider, but I don't think AV needs his coin for Sunday that's for sure.

Congratulations Hank!

I knew right away when I saw shroeder lining up in the defensive zone last few mins of the second..said it out loud " this won't end well" and it didn.t.. so unlike AV to put a young buck in for a huge draw late in the period when you know itll be a momentum shifter if they score. Schneids never made a big stop, and that was that.. least we have a lot of positives to take out of this game.

Lu clearly the number 1..Luuuuu

Not a lot to say about this game. Goaltending was shaky, Schneider just didn't look confident and it really bit us. Refs were not in our favor either, but they weren't too biased against us either.

Didn't like the call on the first goal that got called off. Think it should have been reviewed at the very least.

Congrats to Henrik, and best not to dwell on this one too much, that is all.

Stop making this about the goalies...AGAIN. The Canucks let Dallas back into the game and couldn't score the backbreaker.

I don't think Schneider was bad. Goal 3 was a broken mess. There were some real bonehead plays in the defensive zone on the 4-3 goal. Edler gets outhustled by old man Jagr....As good as Edler is, sometimes he isn't as tough as he needs to be. That was 5 on 5, why the hell was the Dallas player open right in front of the net?

Also, the Canucks could really help their cause by scoring a goal on the PP once in a while.

The Canucks had a chance to put Dallas away, but after Henrik scored, they stopped playing with intensity. They figured the game was over. Guess what. It wasn't.

Oh yeah, and the Canucks will lose once in a while. It happens. Dallas worked harder the last 30 minutes. The Canucks got lazy.

Nope, sorry, I blame the reftards. Momentum killing party crashers. Calls missed allowed the Stars to barrel over us. Calls made were timely in giving them the edge. Sure, we blew it but the refs of the first were letting things go and the pace was good. Then they took charge, partially.

I never blame refs for the loss, but for the assist for sure.

Archived