335 replies to this topic

#31 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

No need to fight 3 times in a row when you have all the momentum from a 3-1 lead and a standing ovation.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#32 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

ouch, next!!

#33 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

That is one to forget... rough loss to a team that isn't very good.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#34 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

POPULAR

schnieder made a few good saves but wow , every goal but the 4th was just garbage

big supporter of cory all his time here but theres no denying his play is nothing close to average at best and thats not good enough

how can you trade luongo when cory looks so shakey

Edited by cIutch, 15 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

#35 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

POPULAR

Disappointed..
I was really hoping Canucks would get the win for Henrik and celebrate tonight.
The team looked really good for the 1st half of the game, but then the play dropped later on.
Congratulations Henrik! Shout-out to the fans at Rogers arena tonight, you guys were great! =)

It was really awesome to see Rogers Arena come alive for Henrik tonight.

#36 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Not refs' fault. Maybe they thought the game was over when Hank got that point.

#37 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Well, that couldn't have happened on a worse night.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#38 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

POPULAR

I haven't been this livid in a long time. I wasn't even nearly this pissed when the Canucks got ousted from the playoffs by the Kings last year. That was just a horrendous display of reffing. I don't even.....

Schneider was weak. That can't be denied. But at least he shows up 99% of the time. How often do the refs show up? And don't give me this BS about "the refs miss calls from time to time". How do you "miss" Burrows getting taken down and then right after that make a call on the other end (I forget what the Canucks penalty was but it doesn't matter because the Stars scored the go ahead on the delay).

It just makes me insanely angry when I can clearly see how the refs manage the game. It's not just the bad calls or no calls, it's the timing of them. ???? boils my blood man.

#39 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

ive always found that remembering to skate in the third period is fairly important in winning.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#40 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Bench Schneider for the next month. Man was he terrible, so terrible that I took off my Schneider jersey during the game. Luongo deserves the next month of games for how craptacular Schneider was tonight. Way to single handedly cost your team the game!

Posted Image

#41 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,932 posts

schneider let in 2 bad goals and made some key saves when the canucks decided to give up a couple of 3 on 1's in the 2nd period then in the third period the crap hit the fan the canucks sat back on a 2 goal lead and it finally burned them in regulation

hopefully this wakes the team up we have had quite a few 2 goal leads given up early in the season this is the first one to burn us in regulation

#42 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

I don't know about that guys.

Refs miss calls in every game. That's a given. But we could have won this one easily.

Schneider really struggled. His rebounds all season haven't been as clean as they were last year but he paid dearly for it today.
Edler was awful defensively and offensively

Such a shame on Henrik's big night.

Absolute bull. Tell yourself what you want, refs enacted the league's agenda tonight. Canucks have been playing a different game to the opposition the last two matchups because they were doing too well. This was 4-1 in the 2nd in any other scenario which probably would have meant a blowout. Teams appear to play poorly when they can't do anything without being called and the opposition know they have carte blanche to hack, slash and hook their way to a win.

Keswho.jpg

#43 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,121 posts

Sucks about the game outcome. And the reffing. And those useless 2 fights. (The first one was a warning. The other two were just energy suckers.)

But, either way we come out with one fact remaining: From this game forward Hank can set history anew!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#44 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts

POPULAR

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Now we're getting a goalie controversy. The team played great in front of Schneider, blew this game wide open in the 2nd period but the kid couldn't shut it down and that's frustrating. Other players who stunk it up tonight include Garrison who's shaky out there and not confident in his own zone. Just about every forward had an amazing game.

The Sedins had their best game of the season, Burrows looked good with them and their passes were all clicking. Great powerplay and movement all around.

Kesler and Higgins were fantastic, I'm surprised by Kesler - didn't expect him to return to his 70-point-season form but from tonight it looks like he's already there. Kassian had a strong game and didn't deserve the final minute benching, he better not be in our bottom-6 next game based on that.

The 3rd line was great again, Schroeder and Raymond buzzing all game and both deserved a point that was waved off. Hansen was again one of our best forwards, but to be honest all our forwards were flying, forechecking hard, causing turnovers and creating opportunities. Great shifts by our 4th line too, without Malhotra they've all got a tough role to play. Never seen a hat-trick of fights, that was pretty special.

Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa had very strong games, as did Ballard and Tanev, but Garrison was the only guy back there who wasn't as steady as the rest.

Simply put, great game by the entire team, we should of won this game. Just when I thought we'd cleaned up these blown-leads and late game losses, Schneider puts up a stinker and loses the game for us. He deserves all the blame for this one and anyone who wants to defend him is clearly blind - 3 bad goals in one game to blow our winning streak and lose the captains big game is unacceptable. Give Luongo the ball and don't give Schneider a sniff of the starting position until he earns it again. He's been getting off easy with wins lately because of how well the teams played in front of him, while Luongo has already had to steal us a couple of wins this season. Call me a Luongo-lover but the stats are obvious and the game is clear - right now Luongo is winning us games and Schneider is finding ways to lose them.
Posted Image

#45 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Looking forwards to a Schneider rebound next time he plays :D

which will be about a week from now

#46 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,385 posts

Almost everyone looked great, it was just some bad bounces and an average performance by Schneider.

Kassian looked like he was trying too hard to setup Kes and Garrison was average. Other than that, everyone else played great.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#47 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Volpatti should have beaten one of these refs within an inch of his life. Only way they're actually going to learn how to do their job. Hopefully they don't sober up before the drive to the airport and die in a single vehicle accident.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#48 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,733 posts

God, I'm so effing pissed right now. Were the refs blind? Starting from the Raymond's disallowed goal, to the ridiculous non calls throughout the game. Not blaming it on Schneider, but I don't think AV needs his coin for Sunday that's for sure.

Congratulations Hank!

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#49 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

All aboard the Lolongo train!

I guess we will have to wait until Schneider becomes the next Patrick Roy.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#50 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

CDC in a nutshell

Canucks win 6 in a row: all is well
Canucks lose 1: let's panic and pick apart everyone

We are all Canucks

#51 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I knew right away when I saw shroeder lining up in the defensive zone last few mins of the second..said it out loud " this won't end well" and it didn.t.. so unlike AV to put a young buck in for a huge draw late in the period when you know itll be a momentum shifter if they score. Schneids never made a big stop, and that was that.. least we have a lot of positives to take out of this game.

Lu clearly the number 1..Luuuuu

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg
In Benning We Trust!

#52 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

That is one to forget... rough loss to a team that isn't very good.

not really, when Henrik broke the record lol
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#53 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

and before everyone trys to blame av

5th time the #Canucks have lost in regulation when leading after 2 in AV's 6+ seasons.

i hate to rag on players but when there bad i cant help it , Schneider played terrible , the European ice size screwed with his head

trading luongo for anything but a good nhl goalie in return is scary

i dont doubt cory will eventually come back to his form but who knows how long that takes

Edited by cIutch, 15 February 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Not a lot to say about this game. Goaltending was shaky, Schneider just didn't look confident and it really bit us. Refs were not in our favor either, but they weren't too biased against us either.

Didn't like the call on the first goal that got called off. Think it should have been reviewed at the very least.

Congrats to Henrik, and best not to dwell on this one too much, that is all.

#55 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

which will be about a week from now

or until his agents whines - whichever occurs first.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#56 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Stop making this about the goalies...AGAIN. The Canucks let Dallas back into the game and couldn't score the backbreaker.

I don't think Schneider was bad. Goal 3 was a broken mess. There were some real bonehead plays in the defensive zone on the 4-3 goal. Edler gets outhustled by old man Jagr....As good as Edler is, sometimes he isn't as tough as he needs to be. That was 5 on 5, why the hell was the Dallas player open right in front of the net?

Also, the Canucks could really help their cause by scoring a goal on the PP once in a while.

The Canucks had a chance to put Dallas away, but after Henrik scored, they stopped playing with intensity. They figured the game was over. Guess what. It wasn't.

Oh yeah, and the Canucks will lose once in a while. It happens. Dallas worked harder the last 30 minutes. The Canucks got lazy.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#57 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Hamhuis SUX !!!!!!!!!!!

+1
Especially offensively.

#58 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think AV will be flipping a double headed Luongo coin for Sunday

#59 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,963 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

POPULAR

Nope, sorry, I blame the reftards. Momentum killing party crashers. Calls missed allowed the Stars to barrel over us. Calls made were timely in giving them the edge. Sure, we blew it but the refs of the first were letting things go and the pace was good. Then they took charge, partially.

I never blame refs for the loss, but for the assist for sure.

Posted Image

#60 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

AV's team sits back again.

Blows yet another 2 goal lead, in a way i'm not surprised at all. This team has a habit of sitting back.

AV has said after other games...Once they get a 2 goal lead it's "chip it out and chip it in". How many leads have they given up this year?!! Play 60 minutes of what got you the lead FFS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.