335 replies to this topic

#151 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

We have blown 4 two goal leads this season.

I hope that is something you guys think about before you pin this all on the goaltending.

Good point. That's unacceptable. It's weird that that's an issue, though, given the calibre of this team's goaltending and defense overall. Usually that kind of a problem exists with teams that aren't good enough defensively to weather the storm by the opposing team.

#152 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

well so far we haven't been burned in regulation

2 goal lead edmonton lost in a shoot out
2 goal lead los angeles lost in a shoot out
2 goal lead dallas lost in regulation

hopefully this one is a wake up call to the team to stop this sitting back in the third period

Doubt it. It's not a sub-conscious thing or a bad habit...its a strategy used by AV (he has referred to it in pressers - quote "once we got that lead, it was chip out and chip in" - He basically has then turn off the rush game and play a defensive shell type of game. I hate it!

#153 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just admit it, you didn't get my Ralph Wiggum reference. Here, I will post it again in case you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNL7VICv3I
At the end of the clip, Ralph is telling Lisa that he is 'learnding'. I was referencing that quote in this clip below my original post.

I am sure you get the joke now.

You are telling other people to go back to school, yet you watch simpsons still....get out of here Mustapha
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#154 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Should have played Luongo.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#155 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,322 posts

difference is in game 7 we got shutout and once in boston. We scored 3 goals and had a 3-1 lead tonight. Had we scored 3 in game 7 and had a lead and we lost, blame Luongo all day.

Actually Luongo let in bad goals, and we lost.

Schneider let in bad goals, while still making some key saves. And we lost.

Both deserve partial blame, yet everyone seems to be piling on Schneider while forgetting about everything else.

And people try to push all the others things into the limelight when discussing our SCF collapse.

Lets atleast not have a double standard here, but I guess all the Luongo lovers have come running out of the closet with there sharp steak knives stabbing every Schneider defender in sight.

zackass.png

#156 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

This.

We sit back all the time, yet whenever the goaltending doesnt bail us out it is all the goalies fault. That's the way it has been for many years here.

The truth is that it is AV's fault.

But everyone can think what they want.

Yes, Canucks did not bring enough intensity and this is becoming a pattern. But, you'd have to be blind to think this was a game comparable to the 2 goal leads we lost in those other games. In this case it was less about the goalie not bailing us out and more about the goalie struggling. Schneids was far closer to costing us the game than to bailing anyone out.

I only blame a goalie when they let in enough soft ones that we would've won. He let in 2, so yes it is his fault ALONG with the coach and the players in front. Don't act as though we lost because "Schneids didnt bail us out" it was more like our offense didn't bail Schneids out.

You often show that you have immense faith in Schneider and even state he is both in his prime and as skilled if not moreso than Luongo. If that is the case, you should hold him to that standard when he plays the way he did today.

#157 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

I can't believe you guys are blaming the refs for this loss. They missed calls BOTH WAYS and of our penalties, the only unjust one was Weise's hit. That last penalty was definately deserved, we were running around in our own zone and got caught. The Stars didn't even score on the powerplay, and the game winner was scored because we were caught in bad defensive position.

Calls go either way and the refs evened their missed calls up tonight, so don't blame your frustration on them. We played a good 45 minutes tonight, got a bit sloppy defensively later in the game and Schneider absolutely blew this game for us. Focus your anger where it's deserved - our losing the momentum thanks to 3 ill-advised fights and 3 horrible goals by Schneider.

Posted Image
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#158 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Good point. That's unacceptable. It's weird that that's an issue, though, given the calibre of this team's goaltending and defense overall. Usually that kind of a problem exists with teams that aren't good enough defensively to weather the storm by the opposing team.

The goaltenders have been bailing out our defense all season. People just chose to ignore that we have problems then.

Now the goalie doesn't bail us out for once, and it is all the goaltenders fault.

I wish people would wake up and realize there is a clear problem with this team sitting back all the time.

zackass.png

#159 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,424 posts

(Random picture post. Not replying to anything though.)
Posted Image

#160 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

You are telling other people to go back to school, yet you watch simpsons still....get out of here Mustapha

Actually, that clip is from a Simpsons episode that aired in 1998. Most people were still watching The Simpsons back then, including myself.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#161 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

uhh how old are you?

who watches wrestling still , LOL

Edited by cIutch, 15 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#162 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

looks like corey has a case of the stevemasonitis.

But defense was at fault for the last 2 goals.

Also I have found somone on the defense I dislike more than Bieksa.. Garrison is utterly useless out there in his own zone and on offense. Its pretty bad when your brought in to play the PP and you can't even get your shot off,, hes also extremely slow to react in his own zone.

BUT

YAY HANK.
also glad kesler is back, he looked great out there.

also did anyone think the burrows hit was a bit high? I didnt see where it landed on him exactly but it almost looked like a headshot.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#163 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

CS will start for sure next game vs the Blues, he better wins or he will lose his net, plain and simple.

#164 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,187 posts

Yes, Canucks did not bring enough intensity and this is becoming a pattern. But, you'd have to be blind to think this was a game comparable to the 2 goal leads we lost in those other games. In this case it was less about the goalie not bailing us out and more about the goalie struggling. Schneids was far closer to costing us the game than to bailing anyone out.

I only blame a goalie when they let in enough soft ones that we would've won. He let in 2, so yes it is his fault ALONG with the coach and the players in front. Don't act as though we lost because "Schneids didnt bail us out" it was more like our offense didn't bail Schneids out.

You often show that you have immense faith in Schneider and even state he is both in his prime and as skilled if not moreso than Luongo. If that is the case, you should hold him to that standard when he plays the way he did today.

C'mon the offense scored 3 goals. Thats more than enough to win most nights.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#165 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Both deserve partial blame, yet everyone seems to be piling on Schneider while forgetting about everything else.

And people try to push all the others things into the limelight when discussing our SCF collapse.

Lets atleast not have a double standard here, but I guess all the Luongo lovers have come running out of the closet with there sharp steak knives stabbing every Schneider defender in sight.

Soft goals don't matter when you get shutout. When you are up and then lose, different story. I still say Lu needed to be way better in the SCF, but our offense needed to be whole lot better. Like I said in game 7 we got shutout weather, Lu let in 2 or 10 we still lose

But whatever Schnieds had an off night no big deal, no big game, move on to the next one.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#166 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

uhh how old are you?

I think his sig is actually a UFC fighter. UFC is only for the most intelligent of sports fans.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#167 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

pretty pathetic people sayin schneider lost the game because he was not the sole reason they lost the game he was 1 of the reason but the team sitting back and getting goated into this 3 fights were the reasons why they lost the game not just because of schneider

also last time i checked

schneider 4 wins
luongo 4 wins

forget about personal stats because at the end of the day wins are what matter and they both have 4

lol um no? instead of looking at wins.. let's look at points gained...

Schneider 7 games played 8 points via wins/shootout lost
Luongo 6 games played 10 points via wins/shootout lost...

Schneider gotten 8 out of a possible 14 points
Luongo gotten 10 out of the possible 12 points...

so no i don't look at wins only nor do i look at stats..

#168 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,187 posts

CS will start for sure next game vs the Blues, he better wins or he will lose his net, plain and simple.

wow understand I never thought I'd live to see the day where you prefer luongo over someone else. I can remember reading your posts from 2 years ago complaining about luo.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#169 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hamuhis SUCKS, especially offensively. This is not just based on tonight's game.
How much he Hamuhis making???

#170 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I kind of had a feeling the entire game that the disallowed Raymond goal would come back and bite us. Yes, Schenids didn't play a very good game, and yes its kind of frustrating/worrisome that the Canucks keep giving up 2 goal leads but the point remains that Raymond's goal should have been allowed.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

#171 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

I think his sig is actually a UFC fighter. UFC is only for the most intelligent of sports fans.

his username is the name of a wrestler
Posted Image

#172 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

uhh how old are you?

I do. Been watching it since I was born really. I'm mature enough to be able to understand the purpose of wrestling. Wrestling is awsome and entertaining that is why I watch it. Just like I watch hockey, tv and movies.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#173 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,187 posts

Hamuhis SUCKS, especially offensively. This is not just based on tonight's game.

While im hesitant to say he sucks, he is alot weaker on the puck than in previous years.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#174 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

looks like corey has a case of the stevemasonitis.

But defense was at fault for the last 2 goals.

Also I have found somone on the defense I dislike more than Bieksa.. Garrison is utterly useless out there in his own zone and on offense. Its pretty bad when your brought in to play the PP and you can't even get your shot off,, hes also extremely slow to react in his own zone.

BUT

YAY HANK.
also glad kesler is back, he looked great out there.

also did anyone think the burrows hit was a bit high? I didnt see where it landed on him exactly but it almost looked like a headshot.

I also thought Garrison has been weaker than the other defencemen, and that goes back to the last game where he coughed up the puck in the corner.

The Burrows hit also looked high to me, but I have yet to see a good replay and the chances of the league reviewing it are basically zero because Burrows didn't appear to be hurt on the play.
Posted Image

#175 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,714 posts

wow understand I never thought I'd live to see the day where you prefer luongo over someone else. I can remember reading your posts from 2 years ago complaining about luo.

That just shows you the disappointment I have towards CS....and did you watch Luongo this season? He looks clam and cool, even in shoot out! Luongo is an elite goalie!

#176 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

I love Schneider he is my hero.

I can openly admit that he sucked bag, hard.

but don't we all sometimes?

he will have more bad games and so will Luongo.

fffffffffffffffT

thats the sound of a page flipping.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#177 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Maybe because Hamhuis isn't supposed to be an offensive D man? We signed him because he is one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league, not for his offense.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#178 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

his username is the name of a wrestler

Hell, I didn't even know. Indeed, who does watch wrestling? I never see wrestling highlights on TSN for some reason :sadno:
Posted Image

#179 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I do. Been watching it since I was born really. I'm mature enough to be able to understand the purpose of wrestling. Wrestling is awsome and entertaining that is why I watch it. Just like I watch hockey, tv and movies.

okay but no one else is mature enough to be able to understand the purpose of a simpsons episode from the late 90s?

the simpsons from that time frame are classic and i watch them to laugh , Thats why i watch them

LOL i can tell your young as hell my dude , its cool

but get off the high horse

Edited by cIutch, 15 February 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Posted Image

#180 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,322 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I do hold him to standards. His preformence wasn't acceptable.

But the problem tonight once again is that he didn't bail us out. The defense was as bad as ever, and I know people like to forget about it but he did made some nice saves. (How many 3 on 1's did we give up again? 3?)

This team has been experiencing these problems for awhile, we have been sitting back all year. And the one time our goalie can't bail us out and steal the game for us it is all his fault and the defense gets yet another free pass.

Bieksa was brutal yet again. How he and Garrison get more icetime than Ballard and Tanev is just beyond me.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.