335 replies to this topic

#181 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Maybe because Hamhuis isn't supposed to be an offensive D man? We signed him because he is one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league, not for his offense.

U sure the team signed him just for his stay at home defense?

#182 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Blow another 2 goal lead, Cory with another bad game, and refs showing again they shouldn't have those jobs.

At least Henrik gave us something to cheer about.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#183 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hooefully Lu starts next game
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#184 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,017 posts

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Lol @ the bold parts.

307mg00.jpg

#185 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,502 posts

Dallas had no business winning that game, but hey, it happens once in a while.

#186 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

He is also a wrestler. MMA is sport that is full of discipline and sportsmanship. You wouldn't know, the only thing you know is hockey and beer just like every other redneck narrow minded Canadian.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#187 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Hell, I didn't even know. Indeed, who does watch wrestling? I never see wrestling highlights on TSN for some reason :sadno:

Exactly, why would you see it on TSN? You are so dumb you thought it was a sport and don't realize it is scripted for entertainment purposes just like a movie. Same concept.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#188 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Most exciting game in awhile, nice to see a non-division team.

Raymond scored. I don't understand how they came up with that call.

More crow served up for Luongo haters, or maybe that was him in net wearing a Schneider jersey. Elite goalies don't let in soft goals right haters?! Soft serve Schneider tonight.

Kesler looked good.

Was that Kassian's check on the 4th because he should have been covered better.

#189 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

I would just like to know how Bieksa is getting a free pass?

Schneider was at fault for 2 goals and our defense was at fault for 2 goals. Yet Schneider gets the majority of the blame.

Bieksa has been just terrible. He should be the one traded in the offseason not Ballard, I love Bieksa's personality but Ballard has been the far better player this season.

zackass.png

#190 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Schneider was at fault for 2 goals and our defense was at fault for 2 goals. Yet Schneider gets the majority of the blame.

Bieksa has been just terrible. He should be the one traded in the offseason not Ballard, I love Bieksa's personality but Ballard has been the far better player this season.

Yeah, Bieksa has been struggling lately. Maybe scratch him next game and put in Barker and see how he does?

307mg00.jpg

#191 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted Image

What are you trying to say? They fight, beat the hell out of each other, and shake hands after. All sportsmanship. You guys think hockey players are the toughest people in the world because they fight. A 135lb mma fighter would destroy any NHL player
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#192 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Start Schneider next game.

Start Lu against the Hawks unless Schneider bounces back and gets an S.

zackass.png

#193 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I wouldn't trade him, but I agree Juice hasn't looked all that great so far

Edited by CanuckianOne, 15 February 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#194 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I agree, getting sick of casual kev. I know he generates alot of offense as well but he is costing us alot of goals because of his defensive ineptitude, especially paired with garrison.

Tanev and ballard should be first pairing.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#195 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, Bieksa has been struggling lately. Maybe scratch him next game and put in Barker and see how he does?

Yeah I would love that. It would send him a message that if he doesn't pick it up he won't continue to get a free pass.

Knowing AV he will likely never do it though.

I think our defense should look like this next game either way:

Hamhuis - Edler
Ballard - Tanev
Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard and Tanev are playing like the 2nd pair, Bieksa and Garrison are playing like the 3rd pair. And the icetime should be distributed as such.

zackass.png

#196 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

What are you trying to say? They fight, beat the hell out of each other, and shake hands after. All sportsmanship. You guys think hockey players are the toughest people in the world because they fight. A 135lb mma fighter would destroy any NHL player

no it was more about the redneck canadians know nothing but beer and hockey statement you made.
Found it ironic considering bud light is one of UFCs main sponsors.

Edited by pinecone, 15 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#197 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Start Schneider next game.

Start Lu against the Hawks unless Schneider bounces back and gets an S.

It doesn't matter what we say, coach makes the decision. I'm betting Lu will start, because we have the luxury. Until, Lu goes, then Schneider will get his chances at bounce back games, right now it is all about wins and Lu is still a number 1 goalie and his stats show.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#198 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,421 posts

Not on skates they wouldn't...

Oh, and fighting doesn't make you tough. It's just a tough profession.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#199 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

This is exactly what I worried might happen if we traded Luongo. Except it was made worse by Schneider. Him crapping the bed in the first game, and having struggles he just did not have before 'starter' talk started up around him is just bad news all around. Schneider might not be handling the pressure that was put on him since he finally got a taste of the negative media when he was not suppose to be the backup. He didn't have 'slow' starts, a huge fight that people use to have when wanting to start him over Luongo. He didn't have 'bad' games where he looked rattled after giving up a goal or a bad one for the most part.. it happened in the very first game, and now in this one. He is doing things that he did not do when he was the 'backup'. And now Luongo is playing loose for once and he looks just as good if not better than he did in 06, considering he is now a lot better at handling the puck. And he's not even in one of his 'zone' moments where he goes on a tear. He's just better in general right now, even during his average games.

But, Luongo is all but traded at this point.. and now we are definitely left with the reality that Schneider might not be ready, or just might have an issue with the pressure playing here. It's only dozen or so games in, but that dozen or so games is closing in on half the season. The worst possible thing that Schneider could've done to himself in this city was leave room for doubt to go to him. He is going to bail fast as hell if Luongo is traded and he doesn't do as well, especially if Luongo is successful wherever he ends up. The media will have a field day with him and management. This whole goalie situation is probably going to get even more ugly than it already was.

#200 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah I would love that. It would send him a message that if he doesn't pick it up he won't continue to get a free pass.

Knowing AV he will likely never do it though.

I think our defense should look like this next game either way:

Hamhuis - Edler
Ballard - Tanev
Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard and Tanev are playing like the 2nd pair, Bieksa and Garrison are playing like the 3rd pair. And the icetime should be distributed as such.

I don't know about that last pairing, I guess they are there to take all the blame. :lol:

307mg00.jpg

#201 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

I wouldn't trade him, but I agree Juice hasn't looked all that great so far

I love his personality as much as the next guy.

But if someone has to go I would rather it him than Ballard. Bieksa's value is arguablly higher (due to pedigree) and Ballard has easily been better than him. We could get more in return and would keep the better player.

I agree, getting sick of casual kev. I know he generates alot of offense as well but he is costing us alot of goals because of his defensive ineptitude, especially paired with garrison.

Tanev and ballard should be first pairing.

I agree.

Ballard and Tanev have been our best pair, and are playing the least amount of minutes for some reason. Would love to hear someone ask AV why that is.

zackass.png

#202 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Dallas had no business winning that game, but hey, it happens once in a while.

yeah i wouldnt be so upset about the loss if that first goal counted and we didnt give up that 2 goal lead and didnt even get a single point out of it

3 terrible things , all taint henriks big night

Edited by cIutch, 15 February 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

#203 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

That just shows you the disappointment I have towards CS....and did you watch Luongo this season? He looks clam and cool, even in shoot out! Luongo is an elite goalie!

Luongo does this every year.

When he had the meltdown in Chicago in 2009, I was furious with his play.

He played the regular season in 09-10, and was great. I thought, "Wow, he's so confident!"

Then he did it all over again against Chicago the very next year. Cue the anger once again.

Regular season, he's good again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Then comes the Cup run. Lou had some bad games in Round 1 again, but this time the team was able to hang on and win.

Then the Canucks beat a Nashville team that has never been past Round 1 before and a Sharks team that has choked in the playoffs for nearly 10 consecutive seasons.

Then comes Boston. Ironically, I don't blame Lou that much for losing that series. He was doing ok. But Hamhuis got injured, Rome got thrown out of the series, and even the Canucks that remained were banged up and couldn't keep up the pace with Boston. Boston also had tons of bounces going their way and the Canucks were rolled hard in Game 6 and 7. Tim Thomas was bodychecking the Canuck forwards. There was no pushback from the team, and it was depressing.

Long story short, don't place too much value on these regular season games. Lou will win most games he plays in, and so will Schneids. The ONLY thing that matters is the playoffs, and if the Canucks find themselves in another playoff series with the Hawks (which they will if they expect to go deep) Lou might again be haunted by the swagger of Chelsea Dagger.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#204 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

no it was more about the redneck canadians know nothing but beer and hockey statement.
Found it ironic considering bud light is one of UFCs main sponsors.

lol who cares about sponsors. I am open to other sports other than hockey too. Although I love hockey, I watch mma and love it just as much and respect it.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#205 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

This is exactly what I worried might happen if we traded Luongo. Except it was made worse by Schneider. Him crapping the bed in the first game, and having struggles he just did not have before 'starter' talk started up around him is just bad news all around. Schneider might not be handling the pressure that was put on him since he finally got a taste of the negative media when he was not suppose to be the backup. He didn't have 'slow' starts, a huge fight that people use to have when wanting to start him over Luongo. He didn't have 'bad' games where he looked rattled after giving up a goal or a bad one for the most part.. it happened in the very first game, and now in this one. He is doing things that he did not do when he was the 'backup'. And now Luongo is playing loose for once and he looks just as good if not better than he did in 06, considering he is now a lot better at handling the puck. And he's not even in one of his 'zone' moments where he goes on a tear. He's just better in general right now, even during his average games.

But, Luongo is all but traded at this point.. and now we are definitely left with the reality that Schneider might not be ready, or just might have an issue with the pressure playing here. It's only dozen or so games in, but that dozen or so games is closing in on half the season. The worst possible thing that Schneider could've done to himself in this city was leave room for doubt to go to him. He is going to bail fast as hell if Luongo is traded and he doesn't do as well, especially if Luongo is successful wherever he ends up. The media will have a field day with him and management. This whole goalie situation is probably going to get even more ugly than it already was.

They could kiss luos ass and pull a 360 and trade schneider, it could still happen..
but its not looking good I agree.

Goalies should go to mandatory psychology appointments.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#206 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

It doesn't matter what we say, coach makes the decision. I'm betting Lu will start, because we have the luxury. Until, Lu goes, then Schneider will get his chances at bounce back games, right now it is all about wins and Lu is still a number 1 goalie and his stats show.

We should show we actually have faith in him rather than parking him on the bench whenever he has an off game. That is how Ballard's rep and play nose dived so quickly here at the beginning.

In the past we have given Lu the opportunity to get back in there and bounce back. Cory will have fire and be determined, he will bounce back with a really solid game.

As far as I'm concerned it makes perfect sense, then you give Lu that start against the Hawks since he has been solid all year. Then come back to Cory afterwards.

I don't know about that last pairing, I guess they are there to take all the blame. :lol:

Yeah :lol:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM.

zackass.png

#207 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Not on skates they wouldn't...

Oh, and fighting doesn't make you tough. It's just a tough profession.

I think they would, take em down to the ground and ground and pound. Probably easier to take a guy down on skates. It is a tough profession and is exactly why they are tough and I respect them a ton.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#208 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

lol who cares about sponsors. I am open to other sports other than hockey too. Although I love hockey, I watch mma and love it just as much and respect it.

you missed my point man i was trying to say mma fans can be just as redneck as hockey fans
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#209 Tell Kelly I said hi

Tell Kelly I said hi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Kesler looked really good.
Posted Image

#210 Sia

Sia

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Actually Luongo let in bad goals, and we lost.

Schneider let in bad goals, while still making some key saves. And we lost.

Both deserve partial blame, yet everyone seems to be piling on Schneider while forgetting about everything else.

And people try to push all the others things into the limelight when discussing our SCF collapse.

Lets atleast not have a double standard here, but I guess all the Luongo lovers have come running out of the closet with there sharp steak knives stabbing every Schneider defender in sight.

Listen, you are absolutely right but do you even know why most of these so called "Luongo Lovers" are coming out of the closet ready to dig into Cory? Because for the past couple of years, they've been in the same place that you are in tonight, defending Luongo against so many haters who would blame anything and everything on him, everytime the Canucks lost a game... You are just getting a taste of what some of us went through the past few years... It's just a natural reaction for some people...

I honestly like Schneider and believe that he'll bounce back (whether he lives up to his potential, i don't know) but i'm kind of glad that some of these idiots that dug into Luongo the past couple of years (while praising Cory as the next coming of Patrick Roy or Brodeur at the same time) are eating abit of dirt right now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.