The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grateful of AV and MG decision on goalies

Ricciuti1

Here's how I see it.

Lu is contracted and paid to win and be the best player of the ice. When he is not, he has to take blame for the losses just like the Sedins do. That's the price of being an elite player. Ovie and Crosby and any other teams elites get the same scrutiny on every team. You want the big money and contract? That's the price. (in b4 5. whatever cap hit) So in the world of elites? You have to show up every game. Especially playoffs and Lu has not. He has shades of brilliance but some real stinkers. Especially in Chicago and Boston.

Corey is paid to play good enough to win. He's not going to win every game for us, but not lose every game for us. He gives his team a chance and stays in every game. Did he have some softies? Yep, but that game was winnable in the end. That's all we want from him in the regular season and the playoffs. That's the price of a goalie contract where most his defense make more.

That said, if Lu makes me eat those words and wins a cup here, I'll gladly do so. I just have lower blood pressure when Corey is in net.

I never said that Cory doesn't have to own his losses, but he is not contracted to be a saviour, he is contracted to be good enough to win. Lu is contracted to emulate Martin Brodeur (not style but consistancy and miracles)

That's why he is ridden harder. Cory still has some leeway left in his development.

so because his caphit is only 1.3 million dollars more Luongo has to emulate the best goalie in history and perform miracles and Schneider just has to be good enough to win? lol strong logic. Why are people still making excuses for Schneider every goalie is going to have a bad game and he had one last game.

Archived